20V Aircond Compressor Models

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
yeah lor..

i think need to change to R134 system.. to save the planet & to save me from freezing :biggrin:

any1 know what parts need to buy/replace?

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi to everyone brother,
may i know y silvertop have 2 different compressor (R134a, R12) as suma mentioned the thread? and also is that silvertop engine have 2 different version? because i have to check my compressor is the R134a one. is that R134a compressor is more newer silvertop engine one? just wanna to know more detail regards silvertop engine.:itsme:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
I had a gas leaking problem last time and i don't detect any light blinking le.. I think this is due to compressor fulty.
I think so too. Coz it blink only when I start the engine. After i turn off a/c and turn back, the a/c operate nomally. Plus I notice the compressor already covered with oil. A/c oil I think

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
i thought you've changed to R134? i came across with 2 different situations with AC light blinking:

1. i run over a deep water 'lopak' and it splashed the compressor then suddenly i feel my steering jerking and AC light blinking. then my AC not cool anymore. but this is temporary then it back to normal after OFF-ON the AC.
2. i had a leakage between condenser - compressor, then the light is blinking. fix the leakage and pump in gas resolve the issue.

does the blinking has a code behind? like our ECU faulty code? hehehehe
There is no fault code for aircon system i think. Anyway, if you come across a different blinking pattern next time, do share it here ya... :biggrin:
Yes i have replaced my compressor to R134 type but the piping and the rest still remain R12 type. I had once replaced the gas with R134 and run it for few months w/o any problem. But after hearing the advice from one aircon sifu, i have to change it back to R12 gas. According to the sifu, R134 system need higher gas pressure, and the O-rings are from different material. If running R134 gas in R12 piping, the piping may not last long, and the O-ring will get damage.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Me also use same setup. R134 compressor, r12 piping with r12 gas. Until today, as far as i remember a/c blink light occured only 3-4 times. So not big issue for me

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
converting R12 to R134a will require you to change everything. as sifu wong mentioned, it need higher pressure to run. i did asked 1 AC mech on this and he said the piping diameter for R134a is smaller than R12. it could be done but i guess better stick to stock, of if you really want to change, get the AE111 version to convert everything to be safe.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
HELP ME!!!..

i got a problem for quite sumtime now..

i'm using SVT R12 gas type aircond..

not sure what is faulty.. if connect this aircond plug, the aircond light will blink..

so, my mechanic bypass the plug using a wire..

i suspect its the temp sensor..

any1 have the same problem?
To be frank, i will get mad if the mech do this to my car. This will not solve the problem but create another trouble to our belove ride. I would suggest you to reverse back the modification and find the root couse. Otherwise, you will have to compromise with this situation, until you sell your car...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
To be frank, i will get mad if the mech do this to my car. This will not solve the problem but create another trouble to our belove ride. I would suggest you to reverse back the modification and find the root couse. Otherwise, you will have to compromise with this situation, until you sell your car...
tried to re-wire back to original seting but the blinking still occurs.. and acond not working

i think i've change everything.. including VSV (FICD)

except d temp sensor.. thats why i suspect it was d culprit..

btw, never cross my mind to sell my levin.. she's everything to me :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve been hearing a lot about Honda’s upcoming hybrid-only model that is supposed to go head-to-head with the Toyota Prius. Honda CEO, Takeo Fukui, is now out and about speaking very confidently of Honda’s upcoming hybrid plans. First of all, Fukui feels that Honda suffered a huge misstep by rolling out a hybrid version of its Civic instead of a hybrid-only model.

“The real competition has just begun,” Fukui...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience