Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Honda's all new City arrives Malaysia with fresh 121ps 1.5L DOHC I-VTEC engines, including the hero car, a world's first, twin electric motor hybrid City e:HEV RS as one of the 4 variants offered.

City RS e:HEV : 108ps / 253nm / twin electric motor / 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / E-CVT / Honda Sensing / RS bodykit / Price: TBA

City S / E / V Models: 121ps / 145nm / 1.5L 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / CVT / Prices: V: RM86,561.45 / E: 81,664.82 / S: RM74,191.27 (with sales tax exemption)

Bigger City:
Compared to the previous 4th gen, the 5th gen new City is now:
- Longer by 111mm
- Wider by 54mm
- Lower by 10mm

City RS e:HEV:
Power:
The City RS e:HEV runs on Honda's brand new i-MMD Intelligent Multi Mode Drive which combines a twin electric motor system and a conventional but new petrol 1.5L 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC engine which produces a total of 108ps and 253nm. There's also a new integrated e-CVT transmission.

EV Driving Modes:
This i-MMD engine and its IPU (Intelligent Power Unit) controlled electric motors can seamlessly regulate between 3 EV driving modes:

- EV Drive
- Hybrid Drive
- Engine Drive

Deceleration Selector Paddles:
Drivers can use the new steering deceleration paddles to induce power regeneration or to slow the car down, all without touching the brake pedal

Exterior:
- Gloss black front grill
- Carbon patterned front lip
- RS bumper with diffuser
- Trunk spoiler
- Gloss black mirrors
- LED headlights + DRL
- LED fog lights
- LED taillights
- 16" wheels

Interior:
- 7" TFT instrument cluster
- 8" Central display
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Ultrasuede seats
- Red stitching
- Sport foot pedal pads
- Remote engine start
- Electric parking brake
- Honda Lanewatch

Honda Sensing:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Collision Mitigation Braking (CMBS)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Auto High Beam (AHB)

City S, City E and City V:
Engine:
The non I-MMD variants S, E and V will get Honda's newest 121ps / 145nm DOHC 1.5L I-VTEC engines, which will be paired with a CVT transmission.

Interior:
- leather seats & ivory accents (V only)
- rear aircon ventilation
- remote engine start (E & V)
- 8" Central display (E & V)
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto (E & V)
- Honda Lanewatch (V only)

City Colours:
Passion Red Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic, Lunar Silver Metallic, Platinum White Pearl (new)

City Prices:
City V:
RM 86,561.45 With Sales Tax Exemption
RM 89,800.00

City E:
RM 81,664.82 With Sales Tax Exemption
RM 84,800.00

City S:
RM 74,191.27 With Sales Tax Exemption
RM 76,800.00

City RS e:HEV:
This hybrid variant will arrive Jan 2021 with prices to be announced only then

With 355K units sold in the country since inception, Honda Malaysia targets to sell 3,000 units monthly with 5,000 units already booked at pre-launch last month.

Chief Officer for Regional Operations (Asia & Oceania), Honda Motor Co., Ltd., President and Chief Executive Officer, Asian Honda Motor Co., Ltd., Mr. Masayuki Igarashi said, “Our 2030 vision is to lead the advancement of mobility and enable people around the world to improve their daily lives. With that, we have introduced Honda e:TECHNOLOGY to fulfill our 2030 vision. Malaysia is an important market in this region. For the past 5 years, nearly 40% of hybrid models sold in the Asia & Oceania region are from Malaysia. To further offer advanced electrification products, we are pleased to introduce for the first time in Asia & Oceania region, the e:HEV – a highly efficient 2-motor hybrid system powered by intelligent Multi-Mode Drive (i-MMD). I believe the All-New City RS e:HEV will further excite the Malaysian market and bring joy to every customer with its advanced technologies and class-leading features.”

Speaking at the launch, Honda Malaysia Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Toichi Ishiyama said, “The City has a long-standing history in Malaysia. We introduced the 2nd Generation and 3rd Generation in 2002 and 2008 respectively and both were well-received in the market. The popularity of the City continued with the 4th Generation City launched in 2014 when the model proved its success and desirability with features that are above its class. It became the best-selling model in Honda Malaysia and was leading the B-segment for 5 consecutive years with over 209,000 units sold.”

“On the heels of almost 20 years of success, we are introducing the 5th Generation All-New City today which we believe will be a game changer model beyond its segment with advanced technology and unmatched performance. Prior to today’s official world premiere, we opened for bookings and organised a nationwide roadshow tour for the All-New City. I am pleased to inform that as of today, we have received a total of 5,000 bookings. We are extremely humbled by the unwavering support from fellow Malaysians,” added Mr. Ishiyama.

Reactions: minibeany

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I like this design language more than the Civic's crab claw. This is a better looking car. The Civic is trying too hard.

Reactions: Izso

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I like this design language more than the Civic's crab claw. This is a better looking car. The Civic is trying too hard.
visually just a little narrow and tall for my liking but pretty otherwise, has some euro styling cues also
imho the civic pushes the envelope and still the freshest looking till now. Crab claw yeah, can't miss it

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
visually just a little narrow and tall for my liking but pretty otherwise, has some euro styling cues also
imho the civic pushes the envelope and still the freshest looking till now. Crab claw yeah, can't miss it
but the crab claw didn't work well on Accord G10. Looks weird.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
but the CHR, accord all copied the crab claw. Not that fresh anymore. This is more conservative I agree. Looks a bit generic.

in any case I think for sedan this is a solid winner above the Almera and Vios. More importantly Toyota is dead in this segment.

For the price point I believe X50 will be the winner.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
in any case I think for sedan this is a solid winner above the Almera and Vios.

For the price point I believe X50 will be the winner.
quite excited to see how the almera will do here, it's got the nice turbo element and decent cockpit

It's hard for the X50 to lose in anything at this rate

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Nowadays a lot of cost down, save on paint.......lol
problem is the accord is getting more and more expensive with each iteration. But corners are being cut here and there.

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
problem is the accord is getting more and more expensive with each iteration. But corners are being cut here and there.
yeah... like the G9.5... Honda didn't include the electronic parking brake and brake hold... other countries have that as standard. What blown mine is Accord is their premium car for Honda... but this is the car that get the most trimming.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have two questions. I love the after effects of claying especially when combined with optiseal.

Can you overclay a car? I spray ONR on the surface and clay it. The question is the frequency: I clay my car each time I wash it. Will I thin the paint?

I also clay the glass and this I believe can be done safely since glass is a much harder material. The results of claying glass is simply amazing.

Second question: I also apply Opti Seal on the car. Will claying remove it prematurely...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience