what do you guys think of the eagle forged 4340 crankshaft? :idea:
here's a link for your reference
http://www.slowboyracing.com/product.php?productid=5816
its a good product bro..its 1g 6 bolt crank..yet still 88mm,
now day at my place ppl really into stroker type 2.2l and
2.4l..hehehe:driver:

Bump:
decided to use forge pistons, aftermarket conrods and stock crankshaft
can i lighten the crank? what kind of weight most suitable?
wise move bro...erm ligthened the crank was ok..but dun over it will
cost u the slow top speed.:slug:but who cares rite we play drag ma..
btw the most ppl do is 1.5kg on evo crank...but for me play save then
let say 0.7kg to 1kg anyway there is a lot ppl do knife edge out there
hope they can drop some opinion on this bro...sifus help....:adore:

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
decided to use forge pistons, aftermarket conrods and stock crankshaft
can i lighten the crank? what kind of weight most suitable?
Well it again depend on your desire of your modd...are you setting up this car for serious drag, road used, or some just prefer to have a strong engine to burn road at times....

you can lighten ya crank to the level of sharpening it as sharp as a knife edge but then again it has it pro & cons.... dream on with such crank u can use it on road or even going up hill...even a kancil will have a big smile overtaking u ..

anyway Spuzzle there is no point of we advising u what to use or not till u dont decide what HP or setup u desire...bcoz end of the day what matters is how deep can your pocket go...the more deeper it is...the more advance n powerfull your car can go...

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007
nope...4g68 is 2.2liter engine and 4g64 is pajero 2.4liter engine.
yes can stand but as havok kid say its a matter of reliability.
so dun save few hundred for this kind of thing.Coz once its kaput
to rebuilt back the engine it will cost u more then u bought the
forged rod at the 1 place...by means play save bro....used part
which is can stand more higher HP then u expect so that it can last longer
wif proper tunning and built..and at the end of the days u save $$$ and time
cheers:driver:
4g64 also comes from a mitsubishi eclipse,hyundai,galant GS, depens..but anyways all can use no problem same stroke, I GOT 1 4G64 crank for sale!! anyone??offer me a price,the crank has been lightened and polished(standard size bearing),just need to go balancing..

yopo

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
4g64 also comes from a mitsubishi eclipse,hyundai,galant GS, depens..but anyways all can use no problem same stroke, I GOT 1 4G64 crank for sale!! anyone??offer me a price,the crank has been lightened and polished(standard size bearing),just need to go balancing..
pm me your best price??:love:hehehe

Jun 5, 2009
ok well seeing that so many people here have knowledge about the 4d68 crank. I'll ask you guys this. where can i find one? For a good Price that is. I'm trying to get this crank to the US to be the first, can any one help me get one? or part numbers for it so i can try to order from some where? Or tell me where i can order it from? I'm having a really hard time finding this crankshaft is the US. Any help please.

ops....where u from?US?my place,the 4g68 crank we took out from the
wira diesel engine ler local car actually..i`ve never go buy the new one..thats what we
call play 'barang kutip'..hehehehe cant help bro..ask jinkl or vteckiller they well
verse in modding car and international gathered.:biggrin:

.... U.S.A. ... Making it real dificult to find a 4d68 crank, this is a list of cars that they ever came in that i know of and they all are over seas for me none local.

Mitsubishi Chariot 2.0 TD, N38W/N48W, 4D68T 1992 to 1997
Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 DT, E57A, 4D68, 1993 to 1996
Mitsubishi RVR 2.0 TD, N28W/N28WG, 4D68T 1992 to 1997
Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2.0 TD, N38W, 4D68T, 1993 to 2000
Lancer Wagon 2,0 D - TD 92- Lancer Station Wagon model '92 has not changed 4D68 / 4D68T
Space Runner/Wagon 2,0 TD 92-98 4D65 / 4D68T
Colt / Lancer
Proton Wira 2.0 4D68 C95 Hatchback Front Wheel Drive 01-1996 01-2004

Can any one help get me a crank?
vteckiller?
jinkl?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
.... U.S.A. ... Making it real dificult to find a 4d68 crank, this is a list of cars that they ever came in that i know of and they all are over seas for me none local.

Mitsubishi Chariot 2.0 TD, N38W/N48W, 4D68T 1992 to 1997
Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 DT, E57A, 4D68, 1993 to 1996
Mitsubishi RVR 2.0 TD, N28W/N28WG, 4D68T 1992 to 1997
Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2.0 TD, N38W, 4D68T, 1993 to 2000
Lancer Wagon 2,0 D - TD 92- Lancer Station Wagon model '92 has not changed 4D68 / 4D68T
Space Runner/Wagon 2,0 TD 92-98 4D65 / 4D68T
Colt / Lancer
Proton Wira 2.0 4D68 C95 Hatchback Front Wheel Drive 01-1996 01-2004

Can any one help get me a crank?
vteckiller?
jinkl?
0162329550 John Amir hahahaha
tell him jinkl ask to call

kidRacer

May 20, 2009
allo bro jin or vteckiller or otai2x
i wanna ask u about piston...
which one better wiseco sr20 or 1400HD???:hmmmm:
now i wanna use stroke n block 4D68

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007
wiseco sr20 also can,1400hd need to custom order laa for 4d68 block

Bump: wiseco sr20 also can,1400hd need to custom order laa for 4d68 block

Bump: wiseco sr20 also can,1400hd need to custom order laa for 4d68 block

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
allo bro jin or vteckiller or otai2x
i wanna ask u about piston...
which one better wiseco sr20 or 1400HD???:hmmmm:
now i wanna use stroke n block 4D68
i would go for wiseco normal pistons customed
valve pockets calculated and height calculated

u may ask khoyos about his sr20 stock pistons, how the valve broke on the pistons
he has experience on it and in the end we had to send the pistons to make the valve pockets
khoyos was only using low lift cams, if u have high lift cams hahaha think deeper :P
for sr20 pistons its wise to put plasticine on the pistons , rotate the crank and check for
valve clearance, u spend only once , so i guess if u go to sr20 pistons and etc , u have more headache and errr u seriously want to cut the forged pistons ? :bawling:

remember that , brand forged conrods and pistons are packaged by close weight , meaning when u open ur box of pistons, u may see the weight of each pistons written on it, all the 4 pistons will be close in weight, once u send ur pistons to the machine shop for cutting and etc errr, u gonna spend more for balancing etc

Last edited:

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007
i would go for wiseco normal pistons customed
valve pockets calculated and height calculated

u may ask khoyos about his sr20 stock pistons, how the valve broke on the pistons
he has experience on it and in the end we had to send the pistons to make the valve pockets
khoyos was only using low lift cams, if u have high lift cams hahaha think deeper :P
for sr20 pistons its wise to put plasticine on the pistons , rotate the crank and check for
valve clearance, u spend only once , so i guess if u go to sr20 pistons and etc , u have more headache and errr u seriously want to cut the forged pistons ? :bawling:

remember that , brand forged conrods and pistons are packaged by close weight , meaning when u open ur box of pistons, u may see the weight of each pistons written on it, all the 4 pistons will be close in weight, once u send ur pistons to the machine shop for cutting and etc errr, u gonna spend more for balancing etc
remind me to do that on your engine jinkl when i install the piston OK :) cheers...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
from the 4g63 dsm guru's

1. Dont grind the crank. Its nitrided... Get another crank if its toast....
2. Run aftermarket rods. THEY HAVE ARPS ALREADY and are ALREADY BALANCED.
3. Run wiseco pistons rediculously close in weight.. BALANCED.
4. Remove the SILENT SHAFTS AKA and misnamed as BALANCE SHAFTS..
5. Use a TQ plate with the EXACT same head and main hardware you will run TQ to the correct specs.. OEM to oem tq on caps... or ARP to ARP tq on the caps plus a line hone.. The head bolts should be ARP tq to ARP specs otherwise clean the plexi on your hockey helmet and buy a civic...
6. Run a new harmonic OEM DAMPER at minimum... Again not a balancer.. Dont use a non dampening underdrive. There will be also a 2nd SFI damper option soon...

in other words , altering the pistons or conrods = need balancing

new rods + new pistons , dont quite require balancing unless u r building a race engine

Bump:
remind me to do that on your engine jinkl when i install the piston OK :) cheers...
hehe mine doesnt need balancing , i rev till 4krpm :P

Last edited:

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007
from the 4g63 dsm guru's

1. Dont grind the crank. Its nitrided... Get another crank if its toast....
2. Run aftermarket rods. THEY HAVE ARPS ALREADY and are ALREADY BALANCED.
3. Run wiseco pistons rediculously close in weight.. BALANCED.
4. Remove the SILENT SHAFTS AKA and misnamed as BALANCE SHAFTS..
5. Use a TQ plate with the EXACT same head and main hardware you will run TQ to the correct specs.. OEM to oem tq on caps... or ARP to ARP tq on the caps plus a line hone.. The head bolts should be ARP tq to ARP specs otherwise clean the plexi on your hockey helmet and buy a civic...
6. Run a new harmonic OEM DAMPER at minimum... Again not a balancer.. Dont use a non dampening underdrive. There will be also a 2nd SFI damper option soon...

in other words , altering the pistons or conrods = need balancing

new rods + new pistons , dont quite require balancing unless u r building a race engine

Bump:

hehe mine doesnt need balancing , i rev till 4krpm :P

haha.. :p remind me to check for valve clearance the plasticine method :)
u sure or not ur rev till 4kRPM?? kekekeke,put ur balancer belt back weyy,later u regret!!! kekekekeke

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/articles/brabus_police.asp

WOOOO WEEE. Who's up for some high speed runs?

P.S. not sure if this was the right tread to post this up ^^
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience