1zz-fe engine rebuild

jsboy

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
selangor
any sifu can help?:adore:because my engine Eat engine oil
1.what is the cost to fully rebuild(overhaul) the 1zz-fe engine?
2.is that replace engine from half cut will be cheaper than rebuilt the engine
3.what is the positive and negative problem with this two option
4.any other idea than i can solve this problem

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
if total overhaul likely to be $$.

buy JT's 1zz engine. ok & cheap. see mudah.my

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If you plan to get half cut, here is what I found. RM2.5K.

http://www.mudah.my/Toyota+Engine+1ZZ+FE+1+8L+VVTI-6133211.htm

But I guess getting another 1ZZ-FE engine Half Cut is not really worth it I suppose, U might need to overhaul the engine too and u do not know how this engine was used previously by the owner. Been trashed before or other possibilities.

If your own engine, at least you know its condition better and know how you drive your car.
I think overhaul will be cheaper.

Well, is still up to you, but if u r thinking of replacing the engine, might as well replaced it with a better engine. VVTL-i 2ZZ-GE. Is not going to be cheap though. :biggrin:
Around RM9 - 10K :banghead:

Solutions, is either change engine or overhaul. :top:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
If you plan to get half cut, here is what I found. RM2.5K.

http://www.mudah.my/Toyota+Engine+1ZZ+FE+1+8L+VVTI-6133211.htm

But I guess getting another 1ZZ-FE engine Half Cut is not really worth it I suppose, U might need to overhaul the engine too and u do not know how this engine was used previously by the owner. Been trashed before or other possibilities.

If your own engine, at least you know its condition better and know how you drive your car.
I think overhaul will be cheaper.

Well, is still up to you, but if u r thinking of replacing the engine, might as well replaced it with a better engine. VVTL-i 2ZZ-GE. Is not going to be cheap though. :biggrin:
Around RM9 - 10K :banghead:

Solutions, is either change engine or overhaul. :top:
thats JT engine. he moved on to 2zz which is why its in mudah. mileage on the engine wasnt too high. no leak as far as i remember.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
thats JT engine. he moved on to 2zz which is why its in mudah. mileage on the engine wasnt too high. no leak as far as i remember.
Wow...grats to your pal. 2ZZ in Altis? That's a dream come true...Toyota Corolla XRS :biggrin: