1st gen vios vs 2nd gen vios

Kyusuke_FD3S

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
I can't decide if you're being sarcastic or being serious here. :rofl:

Lunch time I'm always in the 1st gen Vios. A very very badly taken care of Vios. Which still travels 160km/h everyday along the MEX highway. Very little spoils and when it does, it's not expensive to maintain. 10 years old and still commands a ridiculous price of RM25k to RM30k.

Dugong is my other lunch time kaki friends car. A lady car so you can imagine the state it's in. Surprisingly it has more rattles and shakes compared to my other friends 1st gen Vios. Newer car and price wise it's about the same as the 1st gen one.

Both stock cars and driven both. I'm not fond of either one but probably because of the poor condition they are in. 1st gen one has leather seats but cushion kinda flat and I suspect the GB and engine mountings need changing. The dugong had a roach infestation in it so it stinks inside. Leather seats also but at least the suspension was better than the 1st gen one but that's not saying much. Rather heavy steering for some reason.

Anyway, bottomline is even though these two cars were so poorly treated, they still carried on like the workhorses they were meant to be. Fuel consumption was still pretty amazing for both cars and maintained by Toyota SC themselves. If you get the Vios it'll be because of FC, not driving excellence, not modding potential, not because of that trashy engine (revvy but no torque) and definitely not because of the space.

Honestly if you have money to buy a 30k Vios, might as well get a new car like the Axia. Less headache.

about the driver seat, 1st gen vios is really kind of flat, even adjust it just slightly declined only.
2nd gen vios seat is more declined compare to 1st gen vios.
not sure the driver seat for 2nd gen mounting is compatible to 1st gen...
flat seat is not comfortable, especially for tall ppl, gonna bend their legs ...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
about the driver seat, 1st gen vios is really kind of flat, even adjust it just slightly declined only.
2nd gen vios seat is more declined compare to 1st gen vios.
not sure the driver seat for 2nd gen mounting is compatible to 1st gen...
flat seat is not comfortable, especially for tall ppl, gonna bend their legs ...
Can consider 1st Gen Altis..more comfy actually and 1.6L priced around RM25K-RM30K I think

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...

i have few power part to let go..

1. Garrett T2530 ball-bearing turbo
@Rm1000 (original from japan)

2. Apexi Hybrid Intercooler (similar size with vr4 i/cooler)
@Rm500 (original from japan)

3. Blizt 2nd generation BLow off valve
@Rm250 (original from japan)

4. Greddy 2nd generation(profecB) Boost controller
@Rm600

5. 510cc Evo injector
@Rm320 x4
@Rm160 x2
RE: someone reserve two...but if he not goin to collect these few day i will let it go at 4 piece...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience