1jz hydro fan

venom_viper

Apr 28, 2006
Has anyone here taken out their hydro fan from the 1jz and replace it with a electric fan??? Can the hydro fan pump be disable without changing the water pump and pulley???

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
recirculate the hydro fan oil only...i also run electric fan only .. no more use hydro

venom_viper

Apr 28, 2006
How do u bypass the hydro fan oil ? Is it possible to run the water pump without the oil for the fan?

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
cannot. dont ever run dry. u will screw up the seals.
hydro fan when u pump to the fan of course there will be return to the pump.. just circulate it

venom_viper

Apr 28, 2006
Ahh ic. Thx dude.I'll fix the hydro fan prob once its in the car. By the way, Renxun yur in Tawau right ?

venom_viper

Apr 28, 2006
I'm from Tawau As well. Might need yur other help and advice to swap my 1jz.

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Hydraulic fan?...this must be the TT 1IZ(jzx90)
Just buy a new water pump without the hydraulic fan,
Depends on your mod;the hydraulic fan is pretty decent.....(if you are throwing it away...pleaase throw it this way...I will pay you shipping!!!

venom_viper

Apr 28, 2006
Hey 1JZtezza the fan is from a JZA 70 Supra. Actually nothing is wrong with the hydro fan its just a bit heavy to the engine on high revs. So was just thinking on modding the fan so that i wont have to use it. I'll let u know if i plan to replace it.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
my friend alvin is doing 1jz swap to his hilux double cab as well now. i didnt use the hydrofan all this while and was thinking to ditch the bottle away.. so now i can... cuz he wanna use hydro but his engine is clutch fan type. so we swap water pump so that i wont see the bottle anymore and he can use hydrofan system.

actually hydro and clutch fan system is better compared to electric fan which ran full speed. its just that due to space constrain i got no choice but to go 2 unit of 2speed fan going full blast all the way. not as efficient as the stock system

venom_viper

Apr 28, 2006
wow thats cool which workshop is yur friend doing the swap ? my reason to change the fan coz i lack the space to put it. it just too bulky. What about if i move it to the front of the radiator behind the grill ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am looking for a security company that offering low rate monitoring with high quality performance.Because i have no more money to pay the existing company for high rates that they have when i start new contract with them.Any suggestion???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience