1JZ-GTE or RB20/25?? which one wei?!

cYBorG

1,000 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
OnEarth
Visit site
huh the supra enjine looks tidy into the corona.. bro isit possible to put the supra enjine into SEG?? hehe..

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
jeffblazed: uhh yea when i mentioned getting from point a to b, i tend 2 wake up late for work or functions so i need a car that'll get me there quickly, ahaha! i've always been a nissan man and fan, but truly only when i came back 2 my hometown do i see the power of the toyota JZ engines wei, mainly cos over here in sabah when it comes 2 the 6cyl turbo engines, the sabahan mod crowd is almost all about toyota. many top mechs here favor toyota 2. as u know off-roading is very popular here so i have many frens that dump 1JZ/2JZ into their 4x4 hilux, storm, or land cruiser etc and start whacking the countryside. off-roading is extremely punishing 2 not just the car, but 2 the engine itself as well but all my frens say it has never given way. a true testament 2 the JZ strength. u can find the RB-powered rides (apart from the skylines i mean) 4 sure running around, but very few, mostly all toyota 6cyl engines. but m2 taxi a bit big i'd like something smaller. one of our champion street draggers in KK is driving a crappy old RX7 which is falling 2 pieces, it's powered by a 1JZ-GTE :biggrin: tq for ur info bro it's helpful. even my fren's 1980 200sx (i think it's datsun wei, not even nissan yet) is powered by 1JZ-GTE.. u know da car tat looks a bit like tau fu che bat lok (AE86).. crazy rite?

blackie: nice wei the TT141, but i don't think it's 4 sale ahaha! i think i'll go find some old man willing 2 sell his old junk 2 me rather than someone else's nice TT141 only 2 take it 2 pieces. my fren's mech got one TT141 for sale RM2K only engine kong edi but only problem no engine bonnet and no driver door, and no rear left passenger door. i don't really mind driving without engine bonnet but i'd rather have the doors tho! do halfcuts normally sell doors btw? hehe if they do then i'll probably take that car - road tax still hidup also! HUUHH!

Last edited:

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
huh the supra enjine looks tidy into the corona.. bro isit possible to put the supra enjine into SEG?? hehe..
the answer is YES bro, it will fit! my cousin got one corolla SEG here in KK (sold last week) powered by modded 1JZ-GTE, super duper duper tight fit and with a LOT of work (and money hehe), got the engine in and running, AND fully converted the car 2 rear wheel drive (FR), runs 350 RWHP and smokes evo 8s on a daily basis. i try get and upload the pics 4 u ok.

so if ur going for 1G-GTE, should be no prob putting that one in. my fren sed the gearbox mounting was the tricky part as well as customising long-shafts wheelbase etc etc. but it's do-able wei. if sabah mechs can do, KL mechs a walk in the park wei!!

cYBorG

1,000 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
OnEarth
Visit site
vexred: wow that can be bro!!maybe will try to put supra enjin on my next prject.. hehe..

waiting for the pics bro.. hehe..

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
cyborg: still trying 2 get the pics bro cos the car's sold edi hehe and my fren don't have pics of the engine bay etc... the tricky part wasn't so much getting the engine 2 fit, it was conversion 2 RWD (FR).. tat part's a bitch 2 do la.

khoyos: ahaha yea bro somethin' like tat hehe! at least faster so i don't get screwed up 4 arriving work/functions late man. oil pump problems? u mean nissan RBs commonly got oil-pump problems is it? why's that eh? but yea got all the parts edi just lookin for a nice car 2 dump it all in and fukkin' step on that bitch! :biggrin:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
corolla with 1JZ GTE front wheel drive.
1st gear sure the tyre spin for minutes.................
last time saw a corrola with 3sgte running FWD. the owner make the tyre spins for 1 min. hehe...........

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
corolla with 1JZ GTE front wheel drive.
1st gear sure the tyre spin for minutes.................
last time saw a corrola with 3sgte running FWD. the owner make the tyre spins for 1 min. hehe...........
i believe u need to own a tyre shop b4 upgrade to this monster engine. haha.........

drsyakirin

Dec 20, 2006
merzw1261jzgte.blogspot.com
I ve mercedes benz w126 1985 converted to 1 JZ GTE twin turbo from toyota mark II JZX90. Its very-very AWESOME!!! very powerful... i can smoke everythings on the road !!! I can reach 250 km/h !! when i push the overdrive button, it like a bullet projection or having a nos in ur car...

fuel consumption?? Its cheaper than my former MB 280 se engines... testimonial... from shah alam to bukit kayu hitam ( fill up almost full about 55 litres).. i can reach up to gurun, before fill up again there. My speed was average >140-250km. From s alam to kemaman only 2 hours.. not even finish 1 full tank of 65 litres.

the only thing that i ve to upgrade now are the tyre from 16' V spec to at least 17' ZR/ W spec.. to supprt up to 270 km/h. I ve change my tyre once becoz of tyre deformed dt broken inner wire of the tyre dt overspeed ( V tyre support up to 240 km/h)

I highly recommend u 1 JZ GTE and for w 126 MB from the mark II jzx 90 becoz of the silmilar position of the front oil sump. Auto trans is more than enough unless u wanna go for drift.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Frankly, converting a conti car to jap engine is great but to some, u lose the heritage. Jap engine works wonders when it comes to pumping out big horses to propel yr car from knot to 60 but..... like i say, u lose the conti feel. I recently upgraded my E34 to 4 liter V8 but, to be frank, i think any E34 with 1JZ can come smoke me anytime.. :( at least i retained the conti feel.. bwahahhaa (sore loser kinda statement)

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
blackie:
dont forget the moolah factor bro. of course the heritage will be broken, but just think about the RUNNING COSTS of these legendary engines, not to mention their reliability (or lack of it :P ), and did i mention halfcut price and parts availability? RB20 airflow kong? get a Z32 airflow, repair n upgrade at the same time. 1jz front turbo kong? get a single turbokit hehehe. what if ur fuel divider of ur 190E kong(sold my 190E because of never-ending issues on the fuel divider) yeah u can go straight to multipoint injection conversion using megasquirt but do check out the quotations...

anyway thats not a sore loser statement. thats a statement of a purist. of course deep down inside us, almost everyone wish that we could be a purist (mini using jack knight engine parts instead of vtec, E30 using S50 engine instead of SR20 etc etc) but the cost of japanised project will be significantly cheaper, at the expense of the originality of the marque...

Even i got some "nice" comments from nissan purists when i said i wanted to transplant a toyota engine in my nissan. and thats a jap engine in a jap car!

p/s not trying to pick up argument with u bro. cheers!:biggrin:

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
wohoo...i also got one E34 sitting at home...hurmmm...was thinking wanna dump in japs engine......1jz/rb25...hurmmm.....:adore::adore:

drsyakirin

Dec 20, 2006
merzw1261jzgte.blogspot.com
latest trip from permatang pauh to s alam (after finished election) yesterday, i just smoke away the BMW 530i ( i think the latest model E60) juz like that. the beemers cant beat the accelaration of my merj 1j.. i can 'cocok' him from the back and overtake.. by the external of my car may look like almost 25 years old, but by heart... it did it.. i think the owner would sell the beemers once he arrived at home.. hehehe... japan won!

then, juz now i browsed about the specs of bmw 530i.. hp only 225, and the torque not more than 300 nm..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

PLSSSSSSSS HELPPPPPP !!!!!!!!:adore::adore::adore::mad::mad::mad:

Hi to all sifu currently driving a milo tin Wira. I feel damn noisy when entering uneven road. im running with adjustable n i need sound proof material. I feel damn damn solid driving after putting up UR bars :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: but the noise haisssshhhh terrible lah :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:...( JB, Bakar Batu n Permas road making me headache with traffic jam n uneven road )

i heard bout...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience