1997 nissan cefiro oil leak

Nov 11, 2006
please comment on the below picture on what could be the culprit on this oil leak.my only idea was there was a leak in the valve cover gasket.and comment on the other pictures as well.i will be getting this roughly by tuesday for the second viewing.the seller agreed to do the repairs for the oil leak.

thanks to all those who will reply.

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Look very much like an ordinary valve cover oil leak. But since you're going to fix it, best to check the spark plugs oil seals as well... :smile:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
agree with deffy...not serious stuffs...by lookin @ the mileage, shouldnt be a prob at all...i remember mine travelled for 350,000km n still goin strong before i decided to drop in a VQ25DE...

normanenoza

Nov 11, 2006
got the cefiro already.very sweet ride.coming from a bare nissan sentra LEC.although i heard some knocking sound coming from the engine during starting and at very low rpm.im quite sure that it needs timing chain tensioner replacement.what do you think?

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Depends on the type of knocking sound. At that mileage, your timing chain tensioner should not be loose yet.

Maybe just not started for a long time. Change the fluids...oil, coolant, gear oil, etc and drive it around for a bit and see if it smoothens out... :smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A new robbing technique is in Malaysia. To all drivers beware! This is a message for everyone to take special precautions.

It has been reported of the latest salesman/pretty woman whom will approach you in your car to sell perfumes with a profound marketing strategy.

Please DO NOT entertain or open your car doors or even wind down your car window as the so called salesman/pretty woman will ask you to smell the product or perfume which is actually CHLOROFORM or other concoction that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience