Wastegate Explained.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Thankss Bro !! :D
Hmm...
how many psi consider low ?? 0.7bar or below 1 bar ?
And...I have some confuse here....
High boost = Small wastegate
Low boost = Big wastegate...
but...why a lot people low boost but still using 38mm wastegate ??
I thought 38mm wastegate consider small ??? above 44mm wastegate only consider big right ?
if not mistaken :hmmmm:
That's right.
Simple explanation. 38mm are much cheaper compare to 45mm wastegates. Most of the low booster are new to turbo engines. They may not willingly spend big amount for something they will upgrade in future. So, they may as well use a 38mm. So, when they upboost, they needn't to upgrade hardware and spend another amount of money.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
That's right.
Simple explanation. 38mm are much cheaper compare to 45mm wastegates. Most of the low booster are new to turbo engines. They may not willingly spend big amount for something they will upgrade in future. So, they may as well use a 38mm. So, when they upboost, they needn't to upgrade hardware and spend another amount of money.
ok ! Thankss you so much !!:wavey:
Learn some new experience here :)

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
haiz...
hard to custom make for external wastegate... my turbo is behind the engine...
have to jek the engine out..only can custom it... :(
wtf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
haiz...
hard to custom make for external wastegate... my turbo is behind the engine...
have to jek the engine out..only can custom it... :(
wtf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Car with front mounted exhaust also need to jack up the car in order to take out the turbo, then the manifold for customizing banana.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
is okay man,normally modified car always like that what?modified mean is let the impassible become to passible~:burnout::burnout::burnout:
u'r right man, just unlike those ppl out there... just buy some parts that made for their ride, then shouting loud that they "Modified" their car.... hahahhaa:rofl::rofl:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
u'r right man, just unlike those ppl out there... just buy some parts that made for their ride, then shouting loud that they "Modified" their car.... hahahhaa:rofl::rofl:
DOn;t forget to paint the brake calipers to red and lotsa lotsa stickers... Important is to follow the follwing trend, then the car runs faster...

Mitsubishi - TYPE R/NISMO/TRD stickers
Honda - NISMO/RALLIART/TRD stickers
TOYOTA - TYPE R/RALLIART/NISMO stickers
Nissan - TYPE R/RALLIART/TRD stickers

He3...

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
is okay man,normally modified car always like that what?modified mean is let the impassible become to passible~:burnout::burnout::burnout:
haha !! sad ler...engine jek up.... feel like my heart taking out like that ...
let me get lottery first ... i will one shot rebuilt my engine :dancing2:

kelvins3281

1,000 RPM
Mar 30, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
DOn;t forget to paint the brake calipers to red and lotsa lotsa stickers... Important is to follow the follwing trend, then the car runs faster...

He3...
Hua wat the hell is that..hahahaha...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

He3...
we got Brembo or Spoon caliper cover for sell at RM38 per pair only ma... hahahaha...
saw so many 'mod-di-5" cars wit front rear oso 4 pot... damn scary ler... hahahahahaha:rofl::rofl::rofl:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
our car got more wheels than we think ma... 4 wheels that rolls the road, 1 wheel use as spare tire, 1 flywheel inside the GB & 1 steering wheel we holding.... 7 wheels at least loo... hehehehe:rofl:

ICE_addict

Jan 8, 2007
speed2horizon sorry for interrupting...so if my b.o.t just use 0.5 bar is it ok to use 38mm wastegate...takde bad effect for my engine or turbo kit...???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i need 2 know what suspension and springs which can enter the car coz the originals r crap... and other stuff i can do 2 improve the handling

i curently hav put an integra B18c manual black top in it... but stability is very bad

pls help me out thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience