V-tec Vs Mivec

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
You want an NA powerful to save hassle right? Why don't you just BOT your current engine, no need JPJ, no hassle also, can remained auto yet enough power to overtake most of the car... low boost is reliable also... 4.5k to 6k for a half cut?? it's either 5 yrs ago price or just engine only...:biggrin:

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
zac,thanks for coming up with this BOT thingy....care to explain abit about it,the cost of it n would my stock engine be able to handle the pressure??i about the auto,i've thought of goin manual but if the BOT works fine with auto,then let it be auto then......angel,supercharger great as well.....any unit for stock waja for or change to supercharger engine??

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
speedzone??where ah?how to check??

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Bolt on turbo low boost is simple, hassle free and cheaper compare to supercharge, also produce enough torque for you, it can be tailored made to suit your requirement as well. Price ranged from 6k and above based on what brand you use, the one i checked earlier for my car come with turbo, injector, bov, intercooler piping, emanage & etc... as is low boost, no need to change cluth or gb, no need to use bigger radiator... but the most important thing is you can upgrade to bigger turbine in later stage. As for supercharge, there are too much limitation in terms of size, spec and potential.:driver:

Looking at current trend, with the modernised turbo technology, most of the car manufacturer opt for turbo rather than supercharge. Ranged from continental to japan, you can hardly see any new supercharge car model launched...:slug:

I just notice one important thing:smokin:, WE ARE OUT OF TOPIC~~:biggrin:

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
well,the idea of just getting a freakin vtec type r halfcut,costs around rm10k plus still lingers in my mind.....so,we're not out of the topic......just that u guys are explaining a newbie what to end up with without any disaster.....gotta start searchin for halfcuts now....if the costs is not that high,i guess i'll just swap the engine...if not,bolt on then........hehehe,sounds like that cartoon,Voltron:rofl::rofl::rofl:

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
and where would their adds be coz i haven't come across any of their adds........:driver:

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
bro,i noticed another thread goin on about 4g18 bangin 400bhp.....can ah?my waja pumps what,105bhp right??sorry if i'm wrong,by me getting this BOT,then whole exhaust system plus abit of this n that,i'll actually end up with approx 150ps-160ps,right??:driver::driver:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
The 150-160ps is on safe side, if you boost higher with better internal ofcos you can go way beyond 200ps, but then that would cost you a bomb... 400ps in 4G18? can be done, but not worth it...

Bump: The 150-160ps is on safe side, if you boost higher with better internal ofcos you can go way beyond 200ps, but then that would cost you a bomb... 400ps in 4G18? can be done, but not worth it...

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
okay,i read about the Powerzone Waja which had the bhp increased from 102bhp to 142bhp by adding high performance camshaft,4-2-1 tuned length extractor,port n polished head,Unichip Piggyback,LSD conversion kit n exedy semi racing clutch......so,it is posibble to achieve approx 150bhp without a turbo......how much would all those stuff mentioned costs??

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
okay,i read about the Powerzone Waja which had the bhp increased from 102bhp to 142bhp by adding high performance camshaft,4-2-1 tuned length extractor,port n polished head,Unichip Piggyback,LSD conversion kit n exedy semi racing clutch......so,it is posibble to achieve approx 150bhp without a turbo......how much would all those stuff mentioned costs??
Eh... camshaft around 1k+, 4-2-1 500+, unichip 1.2k+, port polished 800-1.5k+, lsd not sure, semi racing around 1k also... but NA 142hp only produce at hi rpm range, not so useful at low speed... and keep flooring pedal will waste your petrol as well... i myself opt for BOT cos my ride is daily use, i need low end torque... although now my ride is 170-180ps but still feel sluggish :slug:unless over 3.5krpm... just my 2 cents~~:biggrin:

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
gedebak-gedebuk,rm6k gone like that on a standard engine....better BOT or swap engine.....

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
bro, i thnk u nid to see the dyno chart first n see where the improvement. if the improvement start from 2k, then the car shud be improve from the low end. since a lot of stuff include here, the improvement might be significant. i never see the dyno b4 so i cant say about the improvement

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
i think i'm just gonna put on hold my thoughts of the engine upgrade n gain more knowledge first about these mods.....then perhaps i could make up my mind on what would suit me the best.....thank you bro's for sharing ur knowledge with me....i am 20cent wiser now:driver:

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
1.6 mivec,9k??but i've come across some with the price of only 4.5k to 6k......price went up that high d,is it??so,how would i know which one would be producing a healthy output without a turbo unit to it??as far as the vtec concerned,could anyone tell me if the swapping is still being done or not,i mean is it legal....vtec into Waja??always preferred vtec to a mivec......sugar,what was the video about??

Bump: 1.6 mivec,9k??but i've come across some with the price of only 4.5k to 6k......price went up that high d,is it??so,how would i know which one would be producing a healthy output without a turbo unit to it??as far as the vtec concerned,could anyone tell me if the swapping is still being done or not,i mean is it legal....vtec into Waja??always preferred vtec to a mivec......sugar,what was the video about??
yeap...the price gone higher as a lot of demand for mivec...
Vtec can be put into Waja put need a lot of thing to be modify as Mivec can be plug and play on a waja...but vtec is not in Mitsubishi region...

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
analyse between mivec and vtec sure u will know which wan is more power,for me sure vtec...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW has folded some of its motorsports programs such as Formula One and the World Touring Car Championship to save some coin for its coffers. The boys from Bavaria didn’t completely exit the motorsport stage though, they just decided to focus on smaller projects, like the German Touring Car series, DTM.

They have just announced their plans for the 2012 DTM season which will see three teams take a pair of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience