Suggest What Car to buy for RM200k?

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
benz SLK!!!
The old shape SLK (R170) doesnt have good handling due to recirculating ball steering, making steering feel very uninspiring in my opinion. Anyything newer, ie R171 SLK will be way out of my price range :)

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
S2K interiors are nice and handles very well in cornering. Low end power sucks really bad but after 6000rpm, VTEC will scream and a lot of power up to 8800 rpm. But I don't like the suspension.. very stiff. But its very fast.

IMO... in the order of preference.
1- Evo 9 MR (very comfortable + power is there but cannot feel it)
2- Sti ver 9 (suspension very hard but power is more than EVO 9 MR)
3- R34 GTR (not the GTS-T version) <- lot of power potential
4- Civic Type R ( JDM 4 door, new 2008 model)
5- 350Z coupe (Very nice looks)
6- S2K
7- Civic Type R (2 door ep3) <- suspension too soft compared to honda line ups
7- Integra Type R (DC5) <- suspension too hard but too heavy but EP3 has very nice interior compare to DC5

I've driven all this car before because all my friend has them. So i know how each individual car feels except for the R34..

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
haha...how bout BMW 330 Ci cabriolet?there is 1 selling at motortrader at RM175k

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
Thanks D-IV. :)

Hey 5115, maybe my budget can stretch higher depending on one or 2 things. I have asked my local car dealer to see how much it will be if they import me a BMW E46 M3 from Japan.

I saw in KL, they are seling a 2003 unregistered car for RM275k Negotiable, so if my car guy here can get me one for around RM260++, I think I may get it. Fingers crossed.

He D-IV, just out of curiosity, what makes you prefer the EVO to the STi V9? I know all this is down to personal preference, but was just interested in your own reasons.
Thanks

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Why EVO over the Sti?... Pretty much a close match but below are the personal reasons..

1- I'm not fond of the intermittent exhaust sound of the STi.
2- Ride comfort of the EVO excels over the STi on the streets.
3- Hard cornering ability, I will put my trust on the EVO anyday~

I might be biased though but i'm trying my best not to be coz I've own an EVO before. But i've also driven STi's a lot of times already. My brother owns one.

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
hurmm...e46 M3..wooohooo!!...that would be nice dude..;)....
Yep. I really like em. Waiting to see how much my guy says he can get me one for straight from Japan, and if the price is right, then I'll hopefully be getting it

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
go for the m3...german marque wit great handling n power...

btw if u were to consider japan make y not get a NSX? or u can try to get the NSX-R...ahahaha....i've always love and want to own one in the future...dun forget to share ur ride wit us when u've got it...all the best for ur finding ur next car...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
If I was you, I'd consider spending it on a brand new car, instead of grey imports, recons or used cars.

For 200k in Malaysia you can get a brand new Golf GTi (excellent all rounder) or Honda Civic Type R.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
S15 has the cheapest maintenance and parts cost. Most workshop can do services and alot can do troubleshoot. If you do have a budget, then you should not get those reach the limit of the budget.

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
Thanks again for replies. I am waiting to see if my local car shop can find me a nice E46 M3 for a good price from Japan.
Golf GTi also sounds very good, but I am not sure if servicing will be a problem in Kota Kinabalu or not.
Whatever I get, I'll let you guys know

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I beg to differ that E9 power is 'softer' than STi Ver 9, let alone the E9 MR version!!! The Mivec Turbo pull force is much better than the STi for sure!!! No offence taken here as myself own an E9 and STi...

RM200k am not sure whether u can get a brand new E9 over there in KK... But make sure u can get a decent 1 if its a recon car below RM200k... I highly recommend that u shld go n test drive the E9 and to feel its Mivec Turbo!!! Then u make ur decision as to compare it with Ver. 9!!!

Other than tht, i think Silverfish suggestion is just spot on!!! Am currently considering a 2nd car too... Golf GTi is very high up on my wanted list!!! Superb performance with good handling and DSG box!!! Yum Yum~~ :biggrin:

As for Civic - R, it wil b another good choice for u!!! 4 doors, great power, new car and well within your budget!!! Somemore with local Honda guarantee...

Personally the DC5 sound very interesting to me as well... For my case, it will b either GTi or DC5!!! 2 doors NA performance car... Nice for weekend ride!!!

Cheerz!!!

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
my first choice would be RX-8, sheer fun 1.3 litre, 6 speed and suicide doors. too bad its too old (maybe 3-4 years old recond units)

2ndly, a toyota caldina

3rdly a new Honda Civic Type R sedan in white at exactly 200K.

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
RM200k

Golf GTi - Powerful, comfortable, civilised yet you an go 'naughty' when times are needed. Stock standard, you wouldn't feel out of place within the Evos and Scoobies, once inside, your interior is something they could only dream of having. Then when it comes to a nice night out drive, you can easily play along with them. And if one day some overseas investor or your boss asked you to fetch him from the airport, you know he'll have a smile on his face when he reaches home (imagine fetching him with a scooby). Moreover like what Silverfish said, it's a brand new car.

Civic Type R - More space than the Golf, harsher, more extreme. Very good car, in fact, very very very good car. But i've seen a couple of blokes alighting from a CTR in suits and suitcases which looked absolutely funny.

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Get an S2000.

You will get a kicker of an engine that will out play almost any 4-cyl 2 litre engine available, you will get looks that is not as common on our malaysian roads, and you can always throw back the top and enjoy bugs in your teeth. Nothing beats that. Its RWD too so that means its hell much more fun to play around with.

Plus point - you have a boot and functional interior
Minus point - you lose two seats....but who needs em anyway? All the seats you would ever need is 2. One for you, one for the woman of your dreams.

You can screw this idea if you have kids already.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Well... if i have 200k...

i would get a 2nd hand supra, equal level with GTR and much much more cheaper, huge budget for modification. As for it's appearence, it is a sports car shape some light touch up and body kit will enhance it a lot, althought i personally love GTR's look yet most of my female friends or non car addictor assumed it is just a 2-door Sedan... : ) like putra??

Next choice will be E39- M5, very rare over here but with great power, love the silent killer feeling.. Never thinking of a light weight car since i owned one, superb acceleration but insecure at high speed cruise..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all zth menbers

can some 1 tell me that izzit illegal who keep a golf stick inside our car?

thinking to keep 1 for self defence.

anyway can share your idea or experience.

tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience