Shell V-Power on Vtec engines

JINEIL2EN

Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
gunter said:
Don't u guys think.. regarding Sylkron.. Primax3.. Techron.. Esso F1.. all just a rebranding.. enticing the market exercise.. probably some guys from O&G can enlighten us a bit.. V-Power must be la since price already different..
i dun think its same, mayb almost same, but not actually same...:_:

shiroitenshi

Apr 18, 2006
Is it really true that these fuels offer more power? Or it is just the masses having the 'placebo effect' since they're paying extra?

Hmm.. all this while I thought that higher RON fuels only offer better power when the car is tuned for it by advancing ignition timing..

Hmm.. I wonder if I put racing fuel in my car, and don't go for tuning.. will feel a lot of power difference ah? A bit maybelah.. but I wonder if can really feel or not?

For me, 1hp difference cannot be felt.. but maybe I have butt made out of concrete.

Hey, can't argue with the majority, right? (O_o)

p.s. hints of sarcasm, don't you think?

V8_nutter

shiroitenshi said:
Is it really true that these fuels offer more power? Or it is just the masses having the 'placebo effect' since they're paying extra?

Hmm.. all this while I thought that higher RON fuels only offer better power when the car is tuned for it by advancing ignition timing..

Hmm.. I wonder if I put racing fuel in my car, and don't go for tuning.. will feel a lot of power difference ah? A bit maybelah.. but I wonder if can really feel or not?

For me, 1hp difference cannot be felt.. but maybe I have butt made out of concrete.

Hey, can't argue with the majority, right? (O_o)

p.s. hints of sarcasm, don't you think?
If you run normal fuel without knocking,,,then race fuel will slow you down.

Spoonz

Nov 16, 2005
moral of d story: dont buy fuel which is expensive (nevermind what brand they are)....if u want more power, then tune ur ride....

shiroitenshi

Apr 18, 2006
Spoonz said:
moral of d story: dont buy fuel which is expensive (nevermind what brand they are)....if u want more power, then tune ur ride....
Moral: If you want more power, buy a bigger engine.

4litres in a tiny civic will make the car super powerful regardless of what crappy fuel you put in it. ROFL!

zaruliskandar

Mar 22, 2006
well guyz, this is what i've heard from a friend of mine which involves in the O&G line...
v-power does have extra additives which could help to clean your engine compared to the normal oils. so it is not advisable to use it as a daily fuel coz in times it could 'eat up' ur engine. u can use it occasionally ie 1 pump after five pumps of normal fuel..

zaruliskandar

Mar 22, 2006
hattech-v said:
aiyaaa... true la... if the engine not power like mine, using whatever fuel ron100ka whatever oso no power... kekekkeke
piiiirah hattech.....
not fast meh?? y every week i saw ur car in somewhere in Negeri Sembilan??? u know what i mean laa :P hehehehehe :D

nksc

Mar 21, 2006
shiroitenshi said:
Moral: If you want more power, buy a bigger engine.

4litres in a tiny civic will make the car super powerful regardless of what crappy fuel you put in it. ROFL!
shiroitenshi,wat fuel do u use for ur car??

SimonsayZ

Dec 27, 2004
Wah revive old thread. :emoticon_U:

Anyway I tried projet, caltex techron, v-power and esso. Kinda feel v-power is better if you pump it once in awhile. Projet is oklah but low mileage for my eg (dunno why). Now use techron regularly and it's not bad. :regular_smile:

nksc

Mar 21, 2006
ic..wat engine u have on ur car?? b16a?

bornzreign

this information comes from petronas dagangan engineer..

all malaysian petrol sucks big time...

all klang valley petrol came from the same source station..cyberjaya/putrajaya area..

he constantly asking me to bring him to tt..wanna get to know new people..
mayb one day i will bring him join our tt..then can ask him puas puas...

but still im using shell most of the time...im a con-sumer and easily fell for great advertisement...

SHELL (for me la..)
v power - if long distance can get xtra 10+ km
super - never really check but ok-ish la
Diesel - definately xtra mileage~!tested ~~~!!!

power - my car slow bai....where got power

overall still shell consumer n spending about RM 50/day (diesel)

Grex_R

Apr 25, 2005
Butterworth
Primax 3 the best i've used. V power got different dun u guys fell it more xpensive loh... thats the difference

Gallop

May 30, 2006
tried v-power, not much gain. Only paying more $$
The best is Fgas (race fuel). I can feel the POWER! U guys should try on ur cars..

nksc

Mar 21, 2006
Fgas?? where can find dat one??

harpoon

Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
Fgas? do you mean avgas??? the aviation fuel for piston engine

We recently reported on the possible return to turbocharged engines for Formula One cars by 2013. Now Pitpass, our source for the earlier news, is also reporting that a new engine technology has been submitted to the FIA.

According to Pitpass, Andreas Andrianos, CEO of Project 1221, has exclusively revealed that his company has already approached Bernie Ecclestone with a gas turbine engine developed for Formula...