Persona Elegance with many problems?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
yes,i must agree persona is a good budget car,stable when driving fast, good at cornering,space already win vios & city and only the pick up lag a bit,as for quality wise,we can't complaint much as the price already so cheap,as long as the car dun give major problem then okay already,i drive persona till now almost 2 years i am satisfied with it even though there is some minor problem.

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
buying a cheap car doesnt mean it has to be poorly built with faulty parts. alot japanese car has "basic" range but not sold in malaysia. those car too are cheap but RELIABLE. sad to see alot new proton owners facing such problem with their NEW proton, and have to pay for another 9 yrs for it. if buying proton is like hitting jackpot to get the particular "well-built" unit, then better dont buy proton. dont waste your time and regret.

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
brother,even toyota and honda have their own problems yet they are paying alot more for that car,at this time now,you tell me,if you plan to buy a car with 60 - 70k budget,what choice do we have?even a toyota vios j spec manual also already cost near to 70k,u say worth it to buy or not?now a baseline persona only cost you 40 + k,u can take the 20 + k to mod your car and maybe still got balance also,proton cars are well known to have problems,we all also know,but what can we do?we just hope it'll get better and they will have solutions to our problem,at the meantime this persona not having major problem like brake failure or the car sudden rev by itself or gearbox spoil and etc,just some minor problem only which still can be solve as long as the warranty still have,all you have to do is find a good SC and talk to the SA nicely then they will somehow help solve our problem.

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
but some ppl have the idea sitting a new car is always better than a 2nd hand car lor,then if you buy a 2nd hand car u also dunno what problem might occur and maybe need to spend alot to change parts.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
2nd vios oso bring alot problem. i buy persona b line manual with rm800 rebate, rm46100 oni. plus insurans ncb discount, otr oni rm45000.
latest persona with new ecu respone more fast. no throttle lag like previos model. which i suprise with this change. interior change like smoke meter make the car feel `expensive` but sumtimes forget turn on my light during nite.

jerry tan

May 23, 2010
Selangor
actually buying "Japanese" car is not really expensive "if" we deduct 70% excise tax, 10% sales tax & 25% import tax. a "vios" most probably less than Rm30K. why there so many these kinds of taxes? this taxes is protect our own Proton & Perodua from others car manufacturer. if this 2 company still alive, then we still have to pay all these taxes.....maybe to our grandchild generations. my dad did pay for this taxes, and now is my turn. so next, my child? it's already 25 years for Proton, why they cant stand on their own feet? even a 25 years old adult stand on its own. for those who can afford, go and get a new or a used import car. for those who cant, just get a basic model local car is enough. local car 1.3l or 1.6l performance almost the same, why pay more? be wise.
time to change

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
aiya...go with the flow la..
no tax can do different things..
now have tax, so how?
make decision based on current situation la..if kalau kalau kalau, brings nothing..only dreaming..

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
in my humble opinion, unless you have 500k in your bank, it is pointless to buy a brand new car in malaysia. the new jap cars is expensive, the new proton is troublesome. why buying 2nd car is not good ? i have seen ppl buy new jap car but lives in small apartment, pay car everything but budget like hell. what is the point. it is even pointless to budget like hell n to own one troublesome proton.....

am i right ?

jerry tan

May 23, 2010
Selangor
whoaahhh......i am just giving information on cars taxes...don't get so emotional. u can always make your own choice.

i agreed with foofis "it is even pointless to budget like hell n to own one troublesome proton....." . Japanese car is not expensive, the tax make it expensive.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
just live our life within our comfort zone. no point buying cars beyond our ability and then suffer with it. buying a national car is actually a way of owning a brand new car with the budget of second hand price....somehow ppl's perception is proton or perodua give lotsa problem...but there are happy customers...so its very subjective. make yr own decision.....no point to fight for who is right or wrong...we cant decide for anyone...you decide for yourself...we can just share opinions.....i am happy with proton, some are not...be with it...lets continue our sharing....cheerz guys~!

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
just live our life within our comfort zone. no point buying cars beyond our ability and then suffer with it. buying a national car is actually a way of owning a brand new car with the budget of second hand price....somehow ppl's perception is proton or perodua give lotsa problem...but there are happy customers...so its very subjective. make yr own decision.....no point to fight for who is right or wrong...we cant decide for anyone...you decide for yourself...we can just share opinions.....i am happy with proton, some are not...be with it...lets continue our sharing....cheerz guys~!
i agree. this tread is sharing problem/opinion of persona elegance not for car tax. i oso happy with my persona elegance.
Evo Z, u drive persona B or M line? juz wan ask u how many click of ur handbrake( brake drum)? mine 1 is about 3/4 click to tight handbrake.i wori too much click ll make the brake low initial bite.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
evoz...i bought it thru my fren working in proton somewhere at federal highway branch ....

artworkz...evoz driving evo 7 or evo8, cant remember...used to be up for sale..not sure whether he sold it or not......if not mistaken he is selling proton car, not using 1.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

i agree on jerry tan "Japanese car is not expensive, the tax make it expensive."

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
evoz...i bought it thru my fren working in proton somewhere at federal highway branch ....

artworkz...evoz driving evo 7 or evo8, cant remember...used to be up for sale..not sure whether he sold it or not......if not mistaken he is selling proton car, not using 1.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

i agree on jerry tan "Japanese car is not expensive, the tax make it expensive."
but bro evo Z say "with his heavy foot, he can get 6.3liter/100km " . so i guess his also have 1 unit persona.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i agree. this tread is sharing problem/opinion of persona elegance not for car tax. i oso happy with my persona elegance.
Evo Z, u drive persona B or M line? juz wan ask u how many click of ur handbrake( brake drum)? mine 1 is about 3/4 click to tight handbrake.i wori too much click ll make the brake low initial bite.
mine bout 4 click(if u want it to lock tight, step on the brake pedal & pull yr handbrake then release yr foot once the handbrake is tighten) it will lock firm....its a persona m-line auto year make:2009.
oic.....i think u bought it from eon branches...but now all become edar already....
my evo7 sold early this month......so now no more weekend car....my persona is my 7days a week car...hahaahahaaa, not working in proton but know some friends in there....

but bro evo Z say "with his heavy foot, he can get 6.3liter/100km " . so i guess his also have 1 unit persona.
haha....my heavy foot can get 6.8litre/100km but if i step a bit gentle can reach 6.3litre/100km...but i sent it to svc few times:itsme: to adjust for better fuel consumption....

Allantansc

Dec 29, 2004
Hi All Sifu,
I am thinking of changing my aged 6 years old wira ab SE. My first thought was the new Proton Persona. But after seeing this forum of all comments from Persona owners, I am staying put now.
I wonder how is the fuel efficiency of Proton Persona? currently my Wira AB SE is doing 320-350km for full tank.
Please advice.
Thank you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

OK guys, this is the copy and pasted from another forum.

[Kereta Dicuri]: Satria GTi Turbo di CS Johor Bahru. Muka Pencuri ada sekali.
Salam,

Kepada warga CG, tolong tengokkan kereta nih. Mana tau nampak di sekeliling anda.

Plat: JGV 4090
Lokasi Hilang: City Square, Johor Bahru

Rakaman CCTV. Muka si pencuri memang jelas.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience