Laptop Detector - Is This True ?

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Receive an email from a friend, there is this laptop detector now available in the market from China. Donno true or not, make your own conclusion, just hope its not.

this is from the email:

Dear All,

For sharing information purposes especially those who are using notebook, here is a sample device which detect notebook in a hidden place (i.e.: in a car). For those who have never heard of it, attached below are the pictures of the detector:

Even with the WIFI (wireless), Bluetooth or the entire notebook is completely off, it can still be detected via radio frequency. Therefore never leave your notebook, PDA (Personal Digital Assistance) , mobile phone or any valuable electronic devices in the car. These devices are not expensive, it costs less than RM50 for the thieves to start the "business".

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
thought they detect the CMOS batt...

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
yes its proven to worked already
even they can detect whether u had gps in ur car or not!

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
looks like a device from GHOSTBUSTERS :P

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
The 2nd pic look like a speed trap jammer.

Is there anyway to fool the device?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
there's one dude in marketplace selling a radar detector...interesting, but scared to buy...hehe

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
can u find out whether this gadget really works?
I just saw the device in a glimpse never thought of testing it coz im not into 'criminal mind' :biggrin:

Never tested but already few cases happen to family & friends where they specifically target & break cars with laptop/mobile phone & didnt touch car in front or behind it.....left d car for less than 5 minutes pon kena :mad:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
haiz..the never ending fear of your car getting broken into just gets worse day by day.

Lumar is an alternative?? too costly...can buy a new laptop with that.

calvint78

Mar 14, 2006
JB
HEAR THis before and is true. this device detect any leftover battery current in ur laptop, normally laptop will have high frequency so when they detect, then ur car windscreen or doorglass will be break. this what happen to some of my customer.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow

TENMA - PSA2701T - Spectrum Analyzer

http://www.newark.com/jsp/Test+&+Measureme...requestid=86979

1MHz to 2.7GHz Spectrum Analysis in the palm of your hand

Pittsford, NY: PSA2701T is an entirely new type of instrument that utilizes the power of a handheld computer to provide every engineer the opportunity to own a powerful 2.7GHz spectrum analyzer. Weighing about a pound, PSA2701T offers sweep modes of continuous, single, peak hold and average (up to 256 sweeps) with unlimited storage for waveforms, set-ups and fully annotated screens under user defined file names.

PSA2701T is built around a Palm T|X handheld computer, so data transfer to a PC for analysis, documentation and printing is easy via the built-in mini USB connector. Additional benefits which this built-in computer brings include Wi-Fi (802.11b), Bluetooth 1.1 and Infrared interfaces. Bitmap images of the whole screen can be stored for viewing or printing. Now you can have a versatile tool for recording site documentation too, since applications like word processing and spreadsheets, contacts and appointments, multi-function calculator, picture viewing, audio and video players, plus web and email access via WiFi and Bluetooth, can all run on PSA2701T, making it an extremely versatile service tool.

PSA2701T offers professional specifications, with -93dBm typical noise floor,

-20 or 0dBm reference level, a zero span mode with AM and FM audio demodulation, and resolution bandwidths of 1MHz, 280kHz, 15kHz. PSA2701s sweep parameters can be set as ‘centre plus span or ‘start plus stop to 1 kHz resolution. A ‘zero span mode with AM or FM demodulation is also provided. Stored reference traces can be displayed simultaneously with live trace, clearly differentiated by color, the reference trace being automatically shifted and scaled to match the current sweep parameters when they are changed. Control of the compact 6.7” x 3.8” x 1.85” analyzer is by soft keys on the touch screen, or by using the handhelds hard keys.

PSA2701T is a cost effective, highly portable tool, allowing a spectrum analyzer to go to areas that have traditionally been a problem to access with bench top instruments. WiFi and RFID site testing are expected to be popular uses for the PSA2701T, but EMC and RF/clock interference can be quickly evaluated too.

Made by one of Europes leading test equipment manufacturers Thurlby Thandar Instruments, PSA2701T is available now from stock at $1999 from Saelig Co. Inc.

Bump:

http://www.shopwiki.com/_rmr-dls340+radar
Price Range:$85 — $229 Average Price:$143 —— DETECTS ALL RADAR BANDS (X, K, KA, SUPERWIDE); DETECTS ALL LASER RADAR; DETECTS VG-2 & VG-3; SAFETY ALERT (SA) & SAFETY WARNING SYSTEM (SWS); WARNS DRIVERS OF THE PRESENCE OF POTENTIAL ROAD HAZARDS BY DETECTING SIGNALS FROM SAFETY RADAR TRANSMITTING DEVICES; DENSE DIGITAL INTEGRATION (DDI); CITY/HIGHWAY USE; MUTE, DIM & LAST SETTING MEMORY FUNCTIONS; SIGNAL STRENGTH METER; 360º DETECTION; SELECTABLE ALERT TONES; ICON DISPLAY; SCRAMBLES ALL LASER RADAR

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
yes its true been around for a while only just that now u can grab it off the shelves....leave in boot also kena....

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
I'm one of the victim of this stupid device crap. Last year Feb, park at Gurney basement CP Penang. My entire bag was at the floor's back seat. Look through window cannot see anything cause the lights were dim and and the cars parked beside wan black in colour as well. Car park was quite fillied with cars. I just went off maybe like half an hour, came back driver's door lock kena "Kopek"!. First thing missing, my notebook bag (black in colour). GF went to report to the security & me go running around thinking I could have a piece of the bugger. No hope. Go make police report. The officers mentioned not the first time at Gurney. Got a couple of cases which all narrowed to stolen notebooks from cars thanks to the mentioned device in this thread. In total, lost RM3500 in one night.:thefinger:

Word of advice, try not to leave anything electronically powered in your vehicles. Asshole thieves are getting smarter each day. Don't know when they'll hit you. Low powered devices like watches also they'll know.

One month down the road, news mentioned that the authority caught the culprit. GF said should give it a try go see if its the idiot or not. Maybe can retrieve notebook back. Went balai, gave all the serial codes and stuff. Guess what, there is a NEC M540 (was my model) but serial number was different by "ONE DIGIT"!!! Was like WTF?. So I requested for a recheck and to have a look at the notebook. I even gave detailed specs on the notebook like there got scratches, dents, colour come off where and bla bla bla. What they say, "TAK BOLEH". "HANYA POLICE BOLEH TENGOK". Soon, I got pissed of wasting 4-5 hours getting no where. I gave up and f**k out of the police station.

At least mine was a NEC. Got 1 business man lost a high spec Sony Vaio TZ series or something.

Hey thief, if you're reading this forum, hope you get your punishment soon. :thefinger: u piece of shit...

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
trust me guys all this product dont work if u really lookin for a trackin device i recommend u gps portable tracker, it comes with a recovery services u dont have to self recover coz knowing the fact ppl in malaysia die for rm1 ringgit so this guys wotk with cops n recover u laptop, cars, bike, cargo n etc
im using it n it safe my laptop n my car twice,
if u wana to know more in detail call mr.hari or mail him at [email protected], cheers

jada_bloom

Known Member
Jun 1, 2009
i lost my laptop once....after doin some research, the gadget actually detects the battery signal.
everytime i leave my laptop in the car ( i dont carry my laptop all the time like geeks, he he )
i would take out the battery and thank god nothing bad happened. :burnout:

f.e.a.r

Jun 1, 2009
Hie guys, just want to share some inforation with all of you. Please becareful if you park your car near Subang Jaya Asia Cafe.

My car rear triangle glass has been break when i parked my car there and go for a meal which only took 1 hour+. That time is around 9pm-10pm. I never thought this wil happen to me because that area is quite happening and there is many people walks by.

When i get into my car, i noticed that they break it is because they saw i left a my bdg in my rear seat and they thought that is a laptop beg but obviosly it is not.

So, please dont leave any beg in your car or only leave in the car boot because the crime rate now is really high. Take care

p/s: i have wasted rm 50 to buy the triangle glass and rm25 for the labour charge to fix it.
Fourtunately i didnt lost any laptop

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys, I accidentally scratched my dad's 2005 Honda Accord front bumper today against a ridiculously high road kerb (or is it curb?). Well, I gotta admit, it is my fault, my driving is not up to standards.. whatever. The front of the car is too long, and my dad's sitting position is too low, that's why I didn't judge properly.

Anyway, I am here to ask if anyone knows of a product that can remove these scratches??? If I can't remove, can I at least do something to cover up the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience