Laptop Detection Gadget!!!

edtvism

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
PJ
earlier today (sunday 8/7/2007) i went to the old jaya at section 14. i was going to the digital mall to look at some stuff. i had an acer laptop in my car rear trunk (proton wira aeroback stock standard). i entered the carpark at 4.17pm and left the at 5.09pm. i drove straight to the jaya33 (new jaya) once i was there i realized that my laptop is gone. i drove to the old jaya carpark security office and we check, saw my driver seat key hole was tampered (i think they jammed a screwdriver inside.) but the alarm didn't go off i think. cause when i went to my car i unlock the car with the alarm. the driver side door sensor. the small button that when pressed shows the car door not opened light on the dash meter is also broken. but what was puzzling me was, my cd player is intact and the guess sunglasses with case in the glove box was there. but the laptop in the rear trunk gone. (yea they access through the rear seat to get it) but how they know there is a laptop there. i made a report to the parking security which was pretty much useless and pointless and made a report at the SEA PARK police station. the sergeant told me that nowadays the thieves use a kind of sensing equiptment. he said they caught 1 school kid with it before, it looks like a handphone. he said its sold in singapore for like SGD200. he told me i was lucky cause they never smash my window and the security guards at jaya parking didnt do they job. as usual, i know my report to the police is a statistic as well.
but honestly.... WTF... KNN.. MCB... laptop sensing device.. o yea the sargeant say, only u remove the battery from the laptop then is ok. but still.. so many cases and now things look like some syndicate shit. btw in the sargeants room i saw the wall with a lot of wanted picture.. most of them got the word written there 'suspek: pecah kereta curi L/top'

SO EVERYBODY. do no keep the laptop in the car (removing battery also dunno would help or not) and jaya section 14 carpark.....PYT useless. one of these days gonna put my old laptop in the trunk and ambush the assholes.

type_one

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
YUP. Guards don't do their jobs at jaya. I work there, at the car park.. so i can observe their work "ethics".. even petty stuff like my tire valve caps can go missing there....and its not just me... so, yeah...don't leave your laptops, or camera, or any electronic sh!t in the car.. the gadget u mentioned has been around for quite sometime...

edtvism

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
PJ
yea the guard said what u said to me when i was making a report to them. he said those things are common. the gadget, i thought was like an urban legend. alot of ppl said they heard of it but none ever seen one, so i didn't take it seriously... and now i hope u guys heed type_one's warning and take my bad luck as a lesson.. T_T

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
by leaving your laptop in the car is the biggest mistake.
I think every car park would have published the big "Don't leave Laptop in your car" signs.
The device is no myth, and had being around for quite sometimes.
Do not assume that's it's safe. You have to prepare for the worst.

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
Victim here before also!!! but it happened in front of Atria car park.
Left the car for 5minutes; tapau dinner. so just left the laptop in rear trunk, lazy to carry.

when i reached home, realised it was gone, then spotted some scratches on my door panel. yeap, the thief managed to unlock my door within seconds and snapped my laptop.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
should use laziness as an excuse... call me paranoid or not.. i'll nvr leave my laptop unattended... even if its just for 5 minutes.. it will follow me wherever i go, unless of course itz at office, that i locked it to the desk or at home la.

otherwise.. leaving it in the car.. is really asking for it..

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
The Device can detect any electronic item with lithium battery
Most of the IT line people know about this item

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
there's an old trick btw, leave the battery somewhere visible but hide the laptop. It's to throw the robbers off track. Fool them in the sense that they only manage to scan because of the battery.
Than again, better be safe than sorry. Don't ever leave it unattended.

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
after reading this post, i have 2 things to comment:

1. old jaya parking securities are the theft? i once park there and saw their own security staff trying to break-in customers' car! saw it on my own bloody eyes.

2. big cities like Jakarta, you can leave as many laptops in your car as you like, NO PROBLEMO.. been doing this while i was posted there for 3 months day and night... NO FUZZ. why? because parking anyway in Jakarta, whether in door or out door, there are always this semi "chauffeur", you just need to pay Rp1-2k (< RM1) for tipping, then u are less worry and can enjoy ur dinner as long as you want! is Malaysia better than Indonesia? some say YES some say NO!

edtvism

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
PJ
1. old jaya parking securities are the theft? i once park there and saw their own security staff trying to break-in customers' car! saw it on my own bloody eyes
damn..... u serious davidv00, yea, their security people look like those rempit fella/ school drop out. should boycott JAYA... and our bolehh land po po's are doing such a great job, it makes me feel afraid to go out holding something like a bag or etc and sold my car off cause i cant sleep at night (o well partly la).

yea even at bandung indonesia, people just park and leave their laptops in the car and hand their nice helmet on the bike side mirror while they walk in and eat at mcDs. (i say :X-: certain part of indonesia is better then the 'supposed' middle class suburban area of malaysia)

law abiding, tax paying citizen are afraid and scared of hooligans at so called areas like pj, bu and subang (i dont recall those area as being slums and bad area in my 26 years of living here). but now....

for the detector thing. the low yat ppl say they heard of it or something like that but they never seen it before. (well this is what they say) sounded so urban legend... thats why i never thought so serious of it.

JacEK damn pissed righte.. hard earned money....gone. haihz they rest of the guys are right, if u have laptop. wherever u go make sure it sticks to you (but becareful or snatch thiefs)

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
ok, now i m at Jaya 14 sipping my starbucks and writing this reply, but my laptop is with me now, never park inside Jaya14 parking lot, i rather park outside, safer to me.

edtvism

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
PJ
i hate jaya........... but the steam peanut seller infront. i dont mind. wahahaha. davidv00 starbucks kaki? try the on at uptown hsbc row. upstair balcony there quite nice.

oly

500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Lumut
Visit site
one word...just dont leave ur laptop inside ur car...but bmw cars can lock the rear bonnet...the lock is like our locker one...turn to the right and then just pull out the key...cannot be open without keys...

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
i hate jaya........... but the steam peanut seller infront. i dont mind. wahahaha. davidv00 starbucks kaki? try the on at uptown hsbc row. upstair balcony there quite nice.
thanks for the info... hope can get knowing you when i go there...:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi

i thinking of changing my brakepad to better one...
(front disc rear drum)

so.. any reccomendation?
what is the price range?

i wan to change front together with rear
and padd them in.. so it become balance..

appreciate your opinions..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience