Japz Rims vs Taiwan Rims Durability. Comments plz!

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
pennywise said:
I asked around and heard different comments about Taiwan rims. As we know, these are Jap'z imitation around in the market to help poor people like myself afford nice rims.

There are people who tell me to go only for original because these imitation rims cannot tahan accident impact. The force of an accident can cause these Taiwan rims to explode or break into pieces.

But when I spoke to Hup Shun Sunway's salesman. He told me that these Taiwan rims are nowadays made for export to US market and these Taiwan manufacturers will not simply manufacture it without any safety standards. No such thing as rims being broken into pieces or explodes. He also showed me some rims got carved there 500kg, means it can withstand a 500kg impact.

So guys... which is true?? Not everyone can afford Japz rims... Volk's TE37 original from Japz is RM9k plus... Sheesh!

How about durability? Like if you use the same design of Japz and Taiwan rims go thru bumpy roads and pot-holes... Japz rim should be stronger and wont dent so easily as Taiwan rims, true?
Japan rims or taiwan rims if u don't drive carefully and avoiding potholes,all rims also can become dented. As long as your rims is from taiwan one with a moderate level of profile tyres like maybe 60 series will be good enough to makesure your car rims is well taken care of. I used to own JRD rim from stock car then upgrade to Volks Racing, then already 2years plus,still using the same old volks racing rims,no problem at all.

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
bacardilimon said:
the shop is in Kapar now, opposite a chinese school, Pin Hwa
Cool..thanks guys.
Oh yeah, do you know the name of the shop?

gobu

From Facebook
Feb 22, 2010
ermmmm....
i am using a 17" taiwan made rims with Yokohama A.drive R1 Tyre's....
went through a massive pot hole last year which made my front right rim bent...
repaired it at the cost of rm50, and recently the same side bent again after driving through bumpy roads....
taiwan rims are kinda fragile, but also depends on the way you drive...and not to forget, if it bends once, it will bend again... XD
so try avoiding pot holes and bumpy roads...but talking about tyre's which people say it matter, Yokohama A.drive R1 Tyre's are freaking awesome, so yeah, consider it as i am considering to import the te37 direct from japan itself.... :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello..

ANyone can help me modify my 1982 corolla KE70 rear drum
handbrake system to lock super hard? I want it to be able
to lock super strong like if I pull once the car straight away
spin 360 degrees! Please advise.. thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience