engine damper..DIY

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
any 1 have any idea of that DIY engine damper??

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i think not easy to do... u need to custom make a bracket for the damper n mount together with the engine mountings... n it has to be very rigid... another thing is where to get such short damper?

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
emm still looking for the damper.... maybe use bicycle back damper.... now looking for space to mount... any idea??

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
pm julianpang, he has the contacts to get the engine damper. he even put it in for all his sso outings.

i think its hard to diy lar bro, cos u need to lift the engine up a bit u know...better let the pro's do it bro....:)

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
i read option car mag... those ppl also use bicycle damper... its worth to try... just need to get a place to mount it right...

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
yup yup.. i ever read it in option mag.... i am looking for space to mount it....in wira engine... guys ant experiance??

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
i dun think need welding work need to do... just find any suit mount of braket that should be on dy..

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
kind like hold the engine damping when sudden acceleration due to ori engine mouting solf and will rotate the engine when on hard accelaration

obey_1986

Aug 20, 2007
i had done my engine damper using the bicycle back spring....very good when u change gear...u can feel it once install....minimized the loss of power due to engine move....but my problem is,i install on the intake manifold n the firewall.....den after few times hard run....i notice tat the firewall began to peel of on the surrounding of the nut hole....
now i notice tat the bicycle spring is not tat good...bcos it dont have the absorber like the real engine damper....i got few small absorber use for furniture one....so thinking where to screw it on...any ideas???

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i had done my engine damper using the bicycle back spring....very good when u change gear...u can feel it once install....minimized the loss of power due to engine move....but my problem is,i install on the intake manifold n the firewall.....den after few times hard run....i notice tat the firewall began to peel of on the surrounding of the nut hole....
now i notice tat the bicycle spring is not tat good...bcos it dont have the absorber like the real engine damper....i got few small absorber use for furniture one....so thinking where to screw it on...any ideas???
please dont to this
u most probably will crack ur intake manifold , its not tht strong

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,,

I am the owner of the white CRZ year 2011 Manual WWD 931. I sold the car on Dec 2012 to a local car dealer called Hanif Auto near sg. buloh (attached pic) and recently found out that the car dealer made it a sambung bayar car.

Loan behold, no name change was done and bank contact me for payment after more than 3 years.

I am trying to find the car then put it for sales to settle the loan.

If you guys happen to spot the car or know the driver, please PM me or contact...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience