EF Civic

xyeohts

May 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello there everyone...

i am currently thinking of getting myself an EF Sedan and swapping in a B16 engine..

i am curious how much would it cost to get a B16 into the EF.. can i fit it in? how much for installation as well.. can't find it on the Forums.. :)

thanks to all tai kors!

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
yes, u can fit any b-series engine into an ef juz need do mounting...etc
glad to c still gt ppl playing ef nowdays ~
if can't find on this forum can try search others. GL:driver:

xyeohts

May 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
thanks.. but wat do u mean by changing the mounting?? any extra cost incurred.. i asked for the price and roughly for installation would be around RM8k for a stock B16.. is this true??

Getting an EF cause its the cheapest Honda which is lookable.. :D

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yes its true....

theres already a number of transplanted EFs running around which u can look at....at least with these cars u dun have to worry about the smaller things like brakes, suspension, rims etc etc

xyeohts

May 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
@Madman: wat do u mean don't have to worry bout it? planning to get a Sedan EF from a stock ZC engine to a B16..

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
thanks.. but wat do u mean by changing the mounting?? any extra cost incurred.. i asked for the price and roughly for installation would be around RM8k for a stock B16.. is this true??

Getting an EF cause its the cheapest Honda which is lookable.. :D

~well, is kind of modified the mounting which i was not quite sure not an expert here:biggrin:
last few month i did ask for the price of planting in b16a into ef & he quoted 2k not including the engine of coz...

or u maybe can buy a converted ef less hassle that's wat he told me. btw, can search mudah.com or car for sale on ZTH:driver:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
dun need to worry about it means u dun need to do coz those transplanted cars will usually already have them

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Dont buy sedan....buy kontot....more umphhhhh....hehehhhe( u know what i mean)
Yes buy already convert EF.....less hassle n more murah than u convert yourself....

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
yeah buy a converted one is really much cheaper & easy... but that's one thing buying converted which is build by others not by urself sure it feel not the same~ get wat i mean??

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
If money is not the issue....then go ahead...
I muself convert the an EK....some my friend convert before me told "Buy siap one...easy n murah"
Do wan to hear....convert myself...then modal habis.....my car still not finish....hahhaha....:banghead:
If i follow my friends advise....surely my life would be nicer.......

xyeohts

May 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
ahh thanks for all taiko's advice for the EF..

it is easier to actually buy a ready converted one with less hassle and stuff..

but this current person i am buying from is the original owner for the car.. 1 owner and a fellow car club member.. he said it is one owner la.. the EF is Japan version with the sunroof and stuff..

just curious i heard this thing called a B16 engine and engine kosong.. wat does it mean by Engine kosong.. my understanding is just buying the engine itself.. i thought swapping engine is something like that only?

EF kontot i also interested but not planning to put in so much money.. wanna turn it into a hobby everyday drive car.. wanna take people also easier if sedan. 4 door ma... :D

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
engine kosong usually refers to the engine only... i.e block + head and all the internals

does NOT include wiring and gearbox etc etc...

for conversion... ur gonna need everything in the engine bay...hence u buy a halfcut and not an engine kosong... engine kosong u buy when ur engine has gone kaput.

xyeohts

May 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
@MadMan: ahh half cut.. but how much would a half cut cost me? cause the friend i mention is an Auto.. so would want to swap a Manual into it..

taiko.. no money to buy that EF9 that has been fully rebuilt.. saw it on Mudah.. i would like to build it though.. :D

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
the prices for converted EF varies to which b16A models is installed...
most will be running on the vtec kecik= Kabel clutch which produces less power than the egs n eks series.. but the weight of the car actually compromise on the vtec kecik performance...

mostly EF9,CRX and DA6 engine halfcut are installed since its easier to match the Dashboard and the meter panel..

most ef/ed models are prone to have rusting problems, so be prepare to spend on body works as well... plus i find the EF chasis is not as strong as Egs or Eks...

but for my personal preference EG6/ 2door hatch are a much better platform in you wanna play B Series with lots of option from exterior n engine.. more upgrade options and appreciate value among Vtec lovers too.. EF are getting rare.. body parts are scarce and expensive even though it is used item...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need feedback from those who lowered their car's spring before. I want to know usually how much ppl lower? 1 inch? 2 inches?
I'm driving a NeoCps, the original ground clearance is very high but it looks uncool. Saw many Neo's that lowered their height, looks much better. But I don't want to lower it too much that I have to go over bumbs very very slowly..... Just wanna to make it look nicer. :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

Those that lowered you car's height before please feel free to give...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience