DC5 Technical Problems/Issues

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
I'm not sure bout it coz thats what i experienced everytime after installing new muffler the sound was very loud then after driving it and going to track the sound slightly quiter. Then after all fibre gone the sound louder but not so nice like before...

ya better do dyno run...but i think you'll find only minor change or no change at all coz it's just the muffler

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
I'm not sure bout it coz thats what i experienced everytime after installing new muffler the sound was very loud then after driving it and going to track the sound slightly quiter. Then after all fibre gone the sound louder but not so nice like before...

ya better do dyno run...but i think you'll find only minor change or no change at all coz it's just the muffler
exactly, i dont think there will be much difference.

i just dont want it to be a clogged resonator or something like that.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
dude if ur muffler has a flange, maybe u can try to check the exhaust gasket glue attached on it and try to glue it back. that problem happened on me. Btw, can also check whether there's any leak on ur exhaust system. sorry, i'm not driving dc5 but hope it help. :)

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
dude if ur muffler has a flange, maybe u can try to check the exhaust gasket glue attached on it and try to glue it back. that problem happened on me. Btw, can also check whether there's any leak on ur exhaust system. sorry, i'm not driving dc5 but hope it help. :)
i did a rough check myself and i didnt hear any leaks. if there were leaks, the exhaust note would be alot louder though because i've had that happen before.

anyways, will just head to sunway to check. just another excuse for a dyno. :biggrin:

lazybass

Known Member
Jan 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
guys..
this afternoon my dc5 rpm suddenly keep rev the rpm from 1k to 1.5k up down when i stopped and free the gear. Then i close the ignition and start it back the rpm back to idle ..Any sifu can explain to me :adore:. I checked on other forum it maybe from ecu relearning or iac valve dirty..

kimoka

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Anyone knows if DC5R shares the same air conditioning compressor with other models?
Or what the part number is?

Mine just kong ><

boulala

Known Member
Sep 24, 2006
guys..
this afternoon my dc5 rpm suddenly keep rev the rpm from 1k to 1.5k up down when i stopped and free the gear. Then i close the ignition and start it back the rpm back to idle ..Any sifu can explain to me :adore:. I checked on other forum it maybe from ecu relearning or iac valve dirty..
it could be your low end air fuel ratio or the throttle body jam too...

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
I've got a loud humming sound coming from the wheels, more obvious on the fronts. I realized this after rotating my tyres. What do guys think could be the possibility?

- Uneven wear?
- Wheel bearings?

Balanced and realigned a couple of times but its still there.. Any ideas apart from the 2?

lazybass

Known Member
Jan 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've got a loud humming sound coming from the wheels, more obvious on the fronts. I realized this after rotating my tyres. What do guys think could be the possibility?

- Uneven wear?
- Wheel bearings?

Balanced and realigned a couple of times but its still there.. Any ideas apart from the 2?
hye bro, try check at the steering shaft joint under the steering wheel either the grease still present at the joint. If no grease try to lubricate with suitable grease. I also got the same problem during rotating, sometime vibrate and allingment lari..kena air kencing kucing hehe..:biggrin:. After greasing, everything's gone..

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
hye bro, try check at the steering shaft joint under the steering wheel either the grease still present at the joint. If no grease try to lubricate with suitable grease. I also got the same problem during rotating, sometime vibrate and allingment lari..kena air kencing kucing hehe..:biggrin:. After greasing, everything's gone..
But its at the tyres tau bro, not in the cabin. I'm guessing u're asking me to grease joint dalam keta right? Will check it out neways.. Thanks!

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
guys..
i had similar issue, even the engine hot already..when stop the car at traffic light , my idle goes up to 1.5k..nvr go down..and sometimes when start the car the idling too low...tune not solving the issue.

then i see alot of forum, it might be as what u said..dirty iacv..i asked my mechanic to open it and clean it..then found out the rubber also worn out already...replace and clean ...problem solved. hope it helps

lazybass

Known Member
Jan 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i had similar issue, even the engine hot already..when stop the car at traffic light , my idle goes up to 1.5k..nvr go down..and sometimes when start the car the idling too low...tune not solving the issue.

then i see alot of forum, it might be as what u said..dirty iacv..i asked my mechanic to open it and clean it..then found out the rubber also worn out already...replace and clean ...problem solved. hope it helps
Thanks bro for the info :)=, seems like my iacv dirty after i check my dyno result, no problem with the low end a/f. I guess must be my iacv dirty. Will go to hyper by next week to service my iacv..

Last edited:

Chinoz

Jan 20, 2005
Hi guys, is it normal for the DC5's accelerator pedal to resonate around 5500 rpm? Around 5-6k rpm, the driver side footwell seems to get progressively noisier, but the vibration tapers off slightly after 6k.

Mohamed Hizam Ishak

From Facebook
Sep 29, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, is it normal for the DC5's accelerator pedal to resonate around 5500 rpm? Around 5-6k rpm, the driver side footwell seems to get progressively noisier, but the vibration tapers off slightly after 6k.
I got the same issue. It's something to do with the cable end.. normally when I put grease it's ok for couple of months then it'll come back then I put some more grease..:driver:

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
any suggested place to recond rear lights? the right side used to leak and have vapor in it. thanks to Kimoka i realised that boths sides now looks like an aquarium.

went to a paint shop in shah alam before and they said they wont do it coz it'll re - occur. have u guys had experience doing this on your tegs before?

gixxer8500

Aug 31, 2010
Melaka
DC5R FL problem....

hi guys, i just kena a problem with my steering today; when i turn the steering (doing parking/very low speed/idle) there is a very loud knocking sound "tock" coming from my front wheel. it only knocks for 1 time - after that no more until the next few kilometres of driving and it happens again. anybody knows what this is ? sound is bloody irritating... helppp...

kc173

Feb 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Toda A3 cam :
Hi sifu~i have problem with de tuning.the tuner said cant set de 50 degree cam.the rest ok.anyone know how much de tappet clearance?thnx

kby*88*

Nov 14, 2007
Ptrajaya/SP
my car/engine will vibrate everytime the tacho reach 5k rpm. this happen at every gear. but above 5k, no vibration. any idea guys what is the root cause?

jzafddc5

Jun 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
DC5R FL problem....

hi guys, i just kena a problem with my steering today; when i turn the steering (doing parking/very low speed/idle) there is a very loud knocking sound "tock" coming from my front wheel. it only knocks for 1 time - after that no more until the next few kilometres of driving and it happens again. anybody knows what this is ? sound is bloody irritating... helppp...
Sounds to me you have a lower arm bushing problem. Check whether there is a crack or bushings worn off. Replace the bushings would solve your problem..:)

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

my car/engine will vibrate everytime the tacho reach 5k rpm. this happen at every gear. but above 5k, no vibration. any idea guys what is the root cause?
Maybe you can check your engine mounting. Especially on the drivers side (located behind the power steering fluid container). Check for cracks, worn down. DC5r are always known to have weak engine mountings.. aduhh..

dvino

Known Member
Mar 16, 2009
hi bro's,

actually aku pun kena bende tu tapi bila lalu atas hump.
any good contact mana nak dapat lower arm bush? the one i know is Hokomoto la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I recently bought a Mitsubishi L200 worrior 2004 model, the car looks good on the outside. The problem is i only drove a 23 mile from the auction at which point it started overheating, i stopped the engine immediately incase i caused more damage. I have since changed the water pump, thermostat, and had the head done, but the problem is still there. Anybody help please

NE pajero
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience