Altezza FAQ

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Thanks bro!So technically the auto box should be strong enough to handle 1JZ/2JZ upgrades as it is one and the same.(sorry! coz I drive a manual,and new to the autobox))

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Yes it should be able to handle then Hp and Torque.

lexuskoh

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2007
Dear to all Altezza member....
i just want to what is the rpm during the speed 100km/h and 110km/h for Altezza 6MT and 5AT ?
full tank for Altezza, is it 60 liter ?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
I m driving a 5A/T and at the speed of 110km/h, the rpm is ard 2,600-2,700. Full tank is suppose to be 60lit. Have not really notice the rpm at 100km/h though.:hmmmm:
Hopes this helps....

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
1JZtezza..the only way to see if the 5A/T trans can withstand the onslaughter of a turbo charged engine, u can try it out in Nov at the HPC events. Just go pedal to the metal and see if it can withstand the normal 0.7bar of boost..:biggrin:
For sure u will know the outcome at the track...:burnout:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
If what AE111 said its one and the same transmission as the Aristo;than no problemo.aristo is 2JZ turbo anyway.

lexuskoh

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2007
Dear Altezza Member, market price for following item
( without labour changes ) and i just want to same with toyota others model car. Thank you !

1) Timing belt
2) Water pump
3) Engine mouting
4) Brake pad ( front and behind )
5) Engine oil Fliter
6) Air Fliter
7) How many liter engine oil used ? ( Honda S2000 using around 6 liter )
8) Any problem that all the member facing for the car near 10years ?
Is it have a lot of problem like BMW 3 series years 98....? like spare
expensive !
9) Easy the found in market ?

Cox plan to buy Altezza years 98 or Altis .....?

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
Hmmm, now this altezza forum has turned into a marketplace quote....

lexus buddy, since u are talking about a honda s2000, i am assuming u also know the details/prices to those things above right? So...the altezza will roughly be about the same. I dun see why spare parts for a honda should be more expensive compared to a toyota camry/altezza/harrier or vice versa for that matter

Even they are more expensive, probably by a few tens of ringgit. so i dun think it will matter.

a toyota is a toyota. honda is a honda. cant compare. proton is proton. bmw is bmw.

problems problems?

u must also be aware at least, the altezza is old. unless u get a 2002 year car or newer. ALL cars will have wear n tear..how else they are sooo cheap? doesnt matter if it is an altezza or altis.

the only difference tho. if u wanna compare altis n altezza

altis...normal car. still good for eevryday drive
altezza ... lexus type sports car...210 hp...classic looks..also good for everyday drive
s2000 honda.....200hp? sports car, good looks also good for everyday drive..but only 2 doors

buddy, u gotta draw a line n make some sacrifices here..no two ways about it...

choose class...pay more basically.
more horsepower = more speed = more money
wanna look different = must use cash

lol

good luck

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Green..u sound like u are going no where with yr comments here:hmmmm:. I think lexuskoh have posted very straight forward questions he needs answer for and this forum is the next best place to ask as most of us drives Altezza.:driver:
:listen:Please note that he have not made comparison with any other make or brands with the Altezza!!

1) Timing belt - Ard RM1000 to change the belt and the tensioner (Toyota)
2) Water pump - Ard RM450 (Toyota)
3) Engine mouting -
4) Brake pad ( front and behind )- Ori Toyota ard RM200 for each end of the car
5) Engine oil Fliter - Ori Toyota RM28
6) Air Fliter - No idea coz using K&N aftermarket
7) How many liter engine oil used ? ( Honda S2000 using around 6 liter )- Ard the same 5.5 -6Lit
8) Any problem that all the member facing for the car near 10years ?
Is it have a lot of problem like BMW 3 series years 98....? like spare
expensive !How much prob yr car gives you depends on the maintenance history and how well u take care of it. As for my car, no major prob till today after almost 2 years.
Normal maintenance parts are not expensive as it is from Toyota. For major parts like engines, gearbox etc..u will have to shop ard

9) Easy the found in market ?- Dont really understand this one..If u are talking about the parts, yeah the normal parts for the Altezza can found easily at Wing Hin. If you are talking about the car, unreg ones are quite rare this days but there are a numbers of used Altezza ard for sale.

Hope that answer some of the question...if any other bro here have a more precise and accurate data, pls provide updates.:biggrin:

Last edited:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
lexus,
ya, must draw a line between the classification of cars that you mentioned.
but at the end, it's all down to your preferences. of course is always good to survey
and do research to find out more b4 u own one.
like me, been survey around for the past 1.5 yr, but still no action taken to own one
(maybe i'm a bit choosy). test drove a couple of 2001 cars, and am satisfy with those
condition (eventough is already 8yrs old car since 2001).
if you want to continue to do comparisons between certain choices of car that you
have in mind, it is time for u to create a checklist of items to be compared & rate them..
hehehe....

:biggrin:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Get a tezza for the following reasons:its rear wheel drive;has a really solid body and chassis;good handling and comfort and u want to transplant a 1JZGTE engine(=4 door supra).No other reason for buying a 10 year old second hand car(unregistered cars must be within 5 yrs old when landed) unless u want to upgrade or mod.If u wanna do this then priority should be a car with a good chassis and body as the engine can be replaced(rust and bent chassis harder to resolve)

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
greytezza..u are the man...:adore:

me i just dun have the patience.

btw for info front 2 engine mounts are abt rm760.

AT rear tranny mount or manual tranny i dunno

kurumaebi

Jul 11, 2008
halo guys n taikos,

does anyone knows sumting bout the auto-leveling sensor?

gti-wly

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
putrajaya
auto-leveling sensor? i think those are for the HID. the sensor will adjust the level of the beam so that it would not hurt the eye of driver on the opposite side...

from wikipedia = "Xenon headlamps; such vehicles must be equipped with headlamp self-levelling systems that sense the vehicle's degree of squat due to cargo load and road inclination, and automatically adjust the headlamps' vertical aim to keep the beam correctly oriented without any action required by the driver"

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
the sensor is on the rear lower arm............................................

kurumaebi

Jul 11, 2008
hmm...actually, there sumting wrong wit my sensor since i bought the car. coz there's a light symbol appears on the meter.i thought it was normal.so i didn't ask the owner.

then after a week, my eyes kept looking at it and want to know.and after i went to woksyop(toyota dealer), they said that the auto-leveling sensor mayb broken or dislocation while the car was lowered down.i ask them to fix it but unfortunately my car was syaken futaiou (car inspection not respond) so cannot be fixed there.

my point is, could it be jammed bcoz of the car was lowered?

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
The sensor is a switch which is located on the rear lower arm. Maybe it is jammed due to lowering or something. I suggest go to workshop raise the car and see underneath. Maybe the wire or something has come loose.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
kurumaebi,

based on your meter, your car is 2002 car ?

nowadays car came with too many electronic control stuff,
once broken, hard to troubleshoot.
which toyota dealer workshop that u went to check your altezza ?
they check/maintain non-local-dealership distributed toyota model ?

Get a tezza for the following reasons:its rear wheel drive;has a really solid body and chassis;good handling and comfort and u want to transplant a 1JZGTE engine(=4 door supra).No other reason for buying a 10 year old second hand car(unregistered cars must be within 5 yrs old when landed) unless u want to upgrade or mod.If u wanna do this then priority should be a car with a good chassis and body as the engine can be replaced(rust and bent chassis harder to resolve)
:adore::adore::adore: sifu

The sensor is a switch which is located on the rear lower arm. Maybe it is jammed due to lowering or something. I suggest go to workshop raise the car and see underneath. Maybe the wire or something has come loose.
:adore::adore::adore: another sifu.

Last edited:

kurumaebi

Jul 11, 2008
ic...do u think i can check it myself? but i dont know how the sensor looks like:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This just in. Think the new Type-R is the JDM story of the month?

Even before the launch of the New Honda Civic Type-R, Mugen has already been secretly developing their own tricked-out version of the Type-R. What they've done is aesthetically biased, though there is visual drama in the engine department. We'll just have to wait for their full announcement on the Mugen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience