About the adjustable .

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You always drop by then disappear. If you drop by longer usually doing other thing.....hahahahha:rofl:

VR just back. Spend two weeks in mechanic's place, but here is adjustable topic....:smokin:
Next thread continue on ur VR in mech. :biggrin:
Yala I think next round drop by longer then lunch go out on your VR, actually now nearer to u, can have breakfast together some time. If i'm on leave on weekdays haha! Weekends is ur family day breakfast.

K back to topic.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thx for info ... so means i should go for non-coilover type ? the reason i go for adjustable is my rear tyre was rubbing the fender when load with people at the back .. currently using lower spring with stock asb .. and now rear asb leaking already .
Thats the problem with lowering a car which u will used to carry people and putting aftermarket rim on it.
Yes, the best choice is adjustable.
U can get a set for less than 1k.rear absorber and spring is seperate.
Hi/lo only.

Lowerign spring does not work well with stock absorber, it it shorten the lifespan of the absorber.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thats the problem with lowering a car which u will used to carry people and putting aftermarket rim on it.
Hi/lo only.

Lowerign spring does not work well with stock absorber, it it shorten the lifespan of the absorber.
So with sports springs it will not shorten the lifespan of the shocks right?

Last edited:

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi/lo only.

Is that all hi/lo adjustable can avoid fender hiting tyres when load with people ? :confused:
actually im not going to full load on my car .. but at least it can load 3-4 person ... sometime even i drive alone on bumpy road the rear tyres hit the fender 99 lo ... :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
So with sports springs it will not shorten the lifespan of the shocks right?
I mean sport spring on std shock will shorten the lifespan of the standard shock.
The shock just cant keep up the the spring bound and rebound.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Is that all hi/lo adjustable can avoid fender hiting tyres when load with people ? :confused:
actually im not going to full load on my car .. but at least it can load 3-4 person ... sometime even i drive alone on bumpy road the rear tyres hit the fender 99 lo ... :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:
If your rim offset is too much then it cant be help oso.
Harder suspension is the way to go but trust me, after a while u might hate the suspension.
What brand of spring are u currently on?
may i guess GAB?

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Harder suspension is the way to go but trust me, after a while u might hate the suspension.
may i guess GAB?[/quote]

Yea GAB lower spring ... long time using it compressed become shorter .. only one finger gab at the back :sleep::sleep:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
At least with hi/lo adjustable you can custom the height and damping. If scrapping then you need to adjust higher. Still hit, then adjust damping harder too, then the ride will be bad...:banghead::biggrin:

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
At least with hi/lo adjustable you can custom the height and damping. If scrapping then you need to adjust higher. Still hit, then adjust damping harder too, then the ride will be bad...:banghead::biggrin:
hahah .. wonder why so many people using offset rim n how come they never complain abt this problem .... :confused::confused:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
hahah .. wonder why so many people using offset rim n how come they never complain abt this problem .... :confused::confused:
they cant complain because they basically ask for it to happen...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
may i guess GAB?
Yea GAB lower spring ... long time using it compressed become shorter .. only one finger gab at the back :sleep::sleep:[/QUOTE]

GAB is well known for super low stance and super hard ride.
My BLM is on Proride which is hard but not super low. Soon stock spring will go back on again as will hand over car to my wife.
I have a ride on my friends BLM which is on Panther spring. Was totally surprise how comfortable the car is. Its not lowered by much but still improve the handling.

Well then, adjustable is the way to go. Shop around and compare prices. Try to avoid those cheap2 brand. HWL oso seems to be losing in term of quality despite the moderate pricing.

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
i had survey through few shops ...pricing around 1k-1.3k with installations .. gab zerone hwl d2..but most of them are in coilover type . Hwl losing in quality ? lots of people said that hwl not bad le ...:confused::confused:
Actually i attracted to those stance car ...super low adjustment with offset rims .. :biggrin::biggrin: .. im satisfy with my ride height now 1 finger gab front n back .. daily drive is okay for me coz im alone in car .. but juz sometime people ask to fetch then :banghead::banghead:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
i had survey through few shops ...pricing around 1k-1.3k with installations .. gab zerone hwl d2..but most of them are in coilover type . Hwl losing in quality ? lots of people said that hwl not bad le ...:confused::confused:
Actually i attracted to those stance car ...super low adjustment with offset rims .. :biggrin::biggrin: .. im satisfy with my ride height now 1 finger gab front n back .. daily drive is okay for me coz im alone in car .. but juz sometime people ask to fetch then :banghead::banghead:
Last time saw Mines being advertised at RM 500, dunno the quality.This one is seperate type for the rear.
If not mistaken, the problem with HWL is the oil they used. It cause the seal to fail prematurely.
When being rebuild, insist on using premium oil. maybe they had rectify the issue by now.
If u dont carry heavy load then it wont be so risky to use coilover.
If u cant use your imagination, go lie down and see the mounting point of the absorber on your torsion beam. DO you really hink the tiny round metal is designed to cope with all the suspension force alone?

I do think after installing adjustable u will still need to increase the ride height a bit to 2 finger.
1 finger is just too tiny gap for the absorber to move up and down.
2 finger aint so bad.

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Last time saw Mines being advertised at RM 500, dunno the quality.This one is seperate type for the rear.
If not mistaken, the problem with HWL is the oil they used. It cause the seal to fail prematurely.
When being rebuild, insist on using premium oil. maybe they had rectify the issue by now.
If u dont carry heavy load then it wont be so risky to use coilover.
If u cant use your imagination, go lie down and see the mounting point of the absorber on your torsion beam. DO you really hink the tiny round metal is designed to cope with all the suspension force alone?

I do think after installing adjustable u will still need to increase the ride height a bit to 2 finger.
1 finger is just too tiny gap for the absorber to move up and down.
2 finger aint so bad.
Heard that Mines adjustable was extremely hard n bumpy lol ... n some of they use after one year then leaking already . Most of the cheap mines adjustable on market are from china ..nt original mines from japan ..:sleep::sleep:
Yea i thinking how they gonna support the car load .. for myvi rear coilover are in slanting position somemore ... hmmm ....but why they still designing coilover type .. and many still using coilover types ... So far never heard abt rear coilover type absorber failure :rolleyes::rolleyes:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Its not the absorber that fail, its the the mounting on your car.
Its rare.

The adjustable are not specifically design for Myvi. I believe its a compatible version.
Most manufacturer dont waste time to design an aftermarket damper specifically for a normal car.

Maybe its just my preference but last time on a Wira 1.6, the faster i go the more comfortable it become.
That was on HWL. Already serviced once after 4 or 5 years.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh! my D2 are comfortable when fully loaded, means with 4 persons. Alone is very bumpy....Springs too hard....hahahaha:biggrin:

Tommy_zai

Apr 8, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Oh! my D2 are comfortable when fully loaded, means with 4 persons. Alone is very bumpy....Springs too hard....hahahaha:biggrin:
The d2 dealer told me that using his adjustable with custom spring sure can avoid tyre hitting fender .. so i guess it must be super hard spring lol :sleep::sleep: