4 throttle in 4g93

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
hahaha...the best mechanic hard to find out but big talk mechanic got lot outside,everyone also say can...easy...no problem.....cheap,fast then..final..waste money and time :stupid:
ya loo ur r right..better watch out for this mech i waste time n money for his talk cock and he's still around in zth..nick kroolada

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

i wudnt waste money on a four throttle setup, better get a set of larger tb and intake
yup agree wth u n i've done that before but then juz trying different mod

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
i would do 4 trotle set up...not for power...but only for self satifaction
but not now...heheh

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
i would do 4 trotle set up...not for power...but only for self satifaction
but not now...heheh
i like ur statement huhu....i would do 4 thrott becoz it is my dream and i like the sound it make hehe...only if i found rm10k by the road side ;)

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
yeah. i do agree also. itb is the greatest intake setup and i would do it if i have a lot of money to spend. hehe.

itb setup needs a lot of time to consume and money to spend. that is why some of the improper itb fabrications didnt perform like what they expected. a lot of calculation is needed in order to have good balance of power at low end, midrange and high end. so, the best and cost effective way to upgrade intake are by upgrading to oversize throttle body and still maintain single throttle setup. that is why most of 4g9x users opt for skunk2 or honda type r intake which has been proven by many 4g9x tuner.

correct me if i'm wrong :)

leftfoot

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
i think so too, my last itb cracked at the base, still can fix the damn thing but it keeps reminding me of the lansi fabricator. i forgot his face now. its best to keep it that way. :)

itb alone does not do the job. you must couple it with hi-cams, standalone ecu, and a very patient tuner!.. the last one is the most important part..

lots of so called tuners out there, you'll end up with rubbish car with no drivability on the road if you pick the "big-mouth" + "donohowtodo" type.

i managed to save a lot of fuel by using standalone ecu + itb.. using stock mivec cams. not really a kick on 1.6liter.. but the on the road driving is superbly calm if you slow drive, almost like a standard car.
Not really the case when changing to JUN. i almost have to not let go of the gas until car is fully warmed up. never ttied itb + jun cam btw. damn itb broke just before i got money, opted for 1.8 and full rebuild thereafter.

if any of you want itb, i suggest getting an aftermarket made for honda, mod the thing and dont even think of chopping the thing. make it fit to your head, you may want to mod your head also a little. this can be done at a PNP shop in usj.

good luck bros. this thread may be initially for itb, i guess evolution has changed it. :P

aivenrolx

Known Member
Jul 30, 2008
hey bro leftfoot....can u noe the price of megasquirt ?
haha...
as u noe.. im new and oso folowing bck same trek as u....
but the diferent is i wan make 4 thorttle to sohc 1.8 haha...
planing to buy high cam...block today juz fitted new mivec piston...
thank for ur thread..really useful...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here are some leaked photos of the BMW M5 Concept that will take center stage at the Shanghai Motor Show later this month. Of course by using the ‘concept’ theme in the naming, it’s merely BMW’s way of saying that this is exactly what the production car will look like but probably minus the black wheels. It also means that the official details such as power and performance figures will follow later...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience