1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
i suppose the red tube is rerouted water hose?

Anyway, out of curiousity, why go for turbosmart wastegate? it only come with 1bar spring right?

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
Latest update.

1. The turbo housing was replaced so the flange would fit nicely with the exhaust flange. So now I have a newly refurbished, previously refurbished Holset HX33 turbo.
View attachment 570275

2. Sharp eyes would notice a water hose being routed back to the front. So now I have a proper flowing coolant line going through the whole block.
View attachment 570276

3. The Turbosmart wastegate was found to be a imitation and was causing issues with holding boost. So had it changed out to an original one.
View attachment 570277

wow........very nice...hows the torque and whp now

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
i suppose the red tube is rerouted water hose?

Anyway, out of curiousity, why go for turbosmart wastegate? it only come with 1bar spring right?
Turbosmart is a well known and established brand, the springs can be swapped out if required, and even if the springs are weaker than required, using a boost controller can bring the boost up until a threshold.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Turbosmart is a well known and established brand, the springs can be swapped out if required, and even if the springs are weaker than required, using a boost controller can bring the boost up until a threshold.
Yup i'm aware of the brand and its reputation. Last time during my quest in search for good wastegate, i chose tial over turbosmart because of the price slightly cheaper and come with various spring to set my wastegate. Both brand is reputable in motorsport.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Yup i'm aware of the brand and its reputation. Last time during my quest in search for good wastegate, i chose tial over turbosmart because of the price slightly cheaper and come with various spring to set my wastegate. Both brand is reputable in motorsport.
yup, such critical parts better go for Ori.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
create ticket booth. who's buying a shotgun ticket

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The big question....
Is 362.7 whp enough or not?

Owner will say - enough lah for now and carrying you guys for shotgun ride.

Others @ poisoners will say - just need to tweak this and that to make it 500whp, then can cucuk felali and tapau myvi turbo.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The big question....

Others @ poisoners will say - just need to tweak this and that to make it 500whp, then can cucuk felali and tapau myvi turbo.
Wait until he gets used to current power......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Chinese saying must try new toilet......hhahhahahahhahahah
bugger.. you calling my car a toilet now ka? :thefinger:

lanciao laaaaa 362hp on MAINLINE DYNO samore weyh, that's like 4xxhp on a standard DynoJet
Personally, I just find dyno graphs just an indication of what needs work and what needs tweaking. At least now my boost is stable and everything is stable regardless of how many runs I go.

The big question....

My friend was not impressed when I gave him a ride. We were more terrified of the road block that was around the corner when I was going for that test spin. Lucky cops didn't say anything.

Incidentally I noticed no one cucuks me in this car. Maybe it's the bad smelling exhaust.

Wait until he gets used to current power......lol
Sigh.. I'm already used to it. Seriously I don't think it's nearly as fast or responsive as Titanrevs Honda.

But 362.7hp, boleh la tu... can play with old porsche and felali on the road liao, and tapao most proton turbos :laugh:
Tapao teh tarik only la. With these horrid brakes and suspension, I haven't done anything I normally would've done with my normal cars.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure many people already done this.

But here is how I did it.

Prepare the parts :- a 9V IC regulator. ***7809, 2 pcs of 100uF/16V e.capacitors, and a heatsink and pcb.

Then solder all the parts together. The IC pin when seen from front side is Input-Ground-Output. Connect the E.cap at input to ground and output to ground respectively.

Buy the ciggarete jack (since im not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience