1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
@!($&!@(%^@(#*(!@%^@!)#*!@(^%!@)*#!@(^%)!*!^!!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Intake Manifold leak, Wastegate diaphragm leak and exhaust manifold leak

every goddam thing leak. Wallet leak also dammit! All leaks causing issues with boost and tuning.

Sigh.

(Soap and water air test)
sorry to hear that bro. Turbo manifold leak due to crack or just at the gasket?

If you lazy mix and apply the soapy solution yourself, can go ace hardware buy the Ambersil leak detector I think RM50 like that spray on wan, very very effective and very bubbly easy to see leaks.

Wastegate diaphragm how it leak? Also intake manifold how it leak? :hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
sorry to hear that bro. Turbo manifold leak due to crack or just at the gasket?

Wastegate diaphragm how it leak? Also intake manifold how it leak? :hmmmm:
A guy called Cokan is checking for me now. The intake was leaking originally (see photo) and that was because some overzealous ass overtightened and the thread is gone.

The wastegate is a fake Turbosmart. The eboost controller cannot manipulate the boost levels. The exhaust manifold leak was because of shitty material. It glowed red during dyno and the unsupported weight of the turbo bent something and now it's leaking there. Getting a proper support bracket done and repairing the manifold. No more budget to change to a new one.

dun hijack ppl post la.. so finally did he buy the evo7? i boring mau scroll read long long granmama story
Hello. No did not buy the Evo7.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
A guy called Cokan is checking for me now. The intake was leaking originally (see photo) and that was because some overzealous ass overtightened and the thread is gone.

The wastegate is a fake Turbosmart. The eboost controller cannot manipulate the boost levels. The exhaust manifold leak was because of shitty material. It glowed red during dyno and the unsupported weight of the turbo bent something and now it's leaking there. Getting a proper support bracket done and repairing the manifold. No more budget to change to a new one.

Hello. No did not buy the Evo7.
so leaking at intake manifold is just the threads? Can just drill and rethread one size up and put another fitting in gua. Wastegate replace with original wastegate. Manifold normal to glow red, and i don't think it's bent, probably a crack somewhere? You can hear the exhaust leak? How you managed to identify the leak? And yeah it's better to have a brace. Mine also have a brace made. Just weld the crack on the manifold and you should be good to go

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
so leaking at intake manifold is just the threads? Can just drill and rethread one size up and put another fitting in gua. Wastegate replace with original wastegate. Manifold normal to glow red, and i don't think it's bent, probably a crack somewhere? You can hear the exhaust leak? How you managed to identify the leak? And yeah it's better to have a brace. Mine also have a brace made. Just weld the crack on the manifold and you should be good to go
the intake manifold is one thing - the other thing is the aftermarket manifold is leaking elsewhere too. Need to take whole thing out to check for cracks.

Wastegate being replaced.

Exhaust is VERY loud and very apparent that there's a leak. And yeah looking to just weld. The manifold is extremely restrictive though. Which is one possibility the EGT was running so hot. AFR and Ign timing is within normal parameters

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my right rear rim got scratches leh .. my rim color is dark grey .. how much is it to do only one rim? damn my tyre also kena i think .. when i check all 4 tyres .. only this tyre running out of air .. damn ..

tyre tampal can work er? is it posibble to do so? i dont know now .. need to check the tyre again after few days .. if really no air again .. aiyoo .. tyre only run 10,000 km's lah :(

i accidently bang the side just to avoid the pundek mercedez .. :angry: :angry:

afterthat when...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience