1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If 1993 considered old, then I am ancient.

As compared to the muffler which is supposed to be more effective at reducing noise, why pay so much for the midbox? Is it because one is new and the other is used?
Later will be museum piece.....lol:rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wait.. 245/40/17 is smalll?

Damn. And here I was thinking it was too wide. Stock for E36 17" is 235/45/17 apparently.

I want 8.5jj but I also don't want any stretching. Plus tyres get more expensive after 235/45 la.

Rears are currently AD08R and front are the ones I really want to change out - Achilles ATR Sport. Too noisy la this combi.
I meant particularly too small in diameter. If 255/40/17 then wider AND also bigger diameter by 8mm. If 235/45 then narrower but bigger diameter by almost 1.8cm.

Yah, get rid of the ATR Sport, buy something much better. Hmm so the rear is AD08R already, then sayang to change, maybe keep first until next change. Then front can use 225/45/17. Don't use 235/45/17 if the rear is still 245/40/17 coz too much different in diameter between front and rear (the front will become too much taller than the rear). If you keep the AD08R then better the front also similar type of tires leh, maybe like Hankook RS3, but probably will be noisy. :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So this car, talk since last year until now, still haven’t showed up. Apa ni...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So this car, talk since last year until now, still haven’t showed up. Apa ni...
Fixing a lot of gremlins la. After the wiring and everything was done, something kept popping up in the diagnostics and turns out the wiring itself had issues and had to be fixed again. The final tuning was supposed to be done Sat but the dyno fan kept tripping the main fuse. So hopefully today it's all done and this week I can get the interior sorted and finally send the car for paint. Paint will be 2 weeks so it'll be cutting it real close to CNY.

Today also before Raya wor. I have a feeling it may be ready before CNY.
I hope so too

nightstalker dude.. I'm looking to quieten the exhaust too. I think my midbox is as big as yours and I probably need to do something about that rear muffler. Any recommendations? 3" same like yours.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Fixing a lot of gremlins la. After the wiring and everything was done, something kept popping up in the diagnostics and turns out the wiring itself had issues and had to be fixed again. The final tuning was supposed to be done Sat but the dyno fan kept tripping the main fuse. So hopefully today it's all done and this week I can get the interior sorted and finally send the car for paint. Paint will be 2 weeks so it'll be cutting it real close to CNY.

I hope so too

nightstalker dude.. I'm looking to quieten the exhaust too. I think my midbox is as big as yours and I probably need to do something about that rear muffler. Any recommendations? 3" same like yours.
Dunno, you can come try listen my exhaust see it counts as quiet to you or not because it's quiet to me but my fiancee and mom still says it's loud :rofl:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Relative quiet at low revs due to the mid muffler but at high rpm, it blares & drones?
nola to me its ok and very bearable already. Interior i don't really hear much really, engine noise louder. To women , as long as can hear it's consider loud already but how much can you muffle 3" straight flow?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
nola to me its ok and very bearable already. Interior i don't really hear much really, engine noise louder. To women , as long as can hear it's consider loud already but how much can you muffle 3" straight flow?
To them, normal car is quiet. As exhaust open up will be noisy dy....lol:rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
To them, normal car is quiet. As exhaust open up will be noisy dy....lol:rofl:
My wife doesn't complain though when I changed mine, but mine is a twin loop design mufflers so it sounded very soft, only got some slight sporty hum on throttle. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My wife doesn't complain though when I changed mine, but mine is a twin loop design mufflers so it sounded very soft, only got some slight sporty hum on throttle. :biggrin:
Mine when inside car actually not that loud, but outside the low hum can be hear from afar......lol:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Me and my friend were chatting recently and he suddenly brought up the topic lift hood.
I remember some guys who lifted their hood slightly higher at the part near the front wind shield told me that it is a method to let the hot air in the engine bay escape.

But according to my friend, by lifting the hood up, when you are traveling at higher speed, the air traveling above the bonnet is faster than the air traveling inside the engine bay therefore it generates lift which reduces the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience