What kinds of engine most suitable for my RD2

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i think sr20 wont be a gud idea.. it has a 4wd gear box... unless u can find a fwd gear box to match the engine then its fine.. but i think alot of work is needed to plus you need to buy another gearbox.. what happen to gsr plan? btw.. i think the gsr u need..parts are hard to find.. im not to sure though.. erm hopefully someone else can help you out.. sorrt im not to familiar with the gsr terbalik..

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
sam0051: since the RD2 shares the same chassis as the RD1, I would think that your engine choices are also similar.

from what I know and seen, these engines have been put into the RD1/RD2

MIVEC from CK lancer ( i think), V6 Mivec from FTO, GSR1.8T (terbalik, newer gen version), Evo 4 & above, SR20 (Pulsar as posted by you), 3S-GTE (dun ask me how, but i've seen pics of it)

sam0051

Known Member
Oct 8, 2004
i think sr20 wont be a gud idea.. it has a 4wd gear box... unless u can find a fwd gear box to match the engine then its fine.. but i think alot of work is needed to plus you need to buy another gearbox.. what happen to gsr plan? btw.. i think the gsr u need..parts are hard to find.. im not to sure though.. erm hopefully someone else can help you out.. sorrt im not to familiar with the gsr terbalik..

Yes, after I checked with few sifu. They told me that is very hard to get spare part. Just a nightmare for a turbo car that hard to get spare parts. Even the half cut also hard to get. Headache. :banghead:
EVO too expensive for me.. 1.6mivec???? Now is 2.0cc quite weird that I'm put in 1.6cc. (Even I know 1.6 mivec is more powerful than mine = =")
If possible, I still stick to FTO if anyone can settle the jpj for me?? haha..

Bump:
sam0051: since the RD2 shares the same chassis as the RD1, I would think that your engine choices are also similar.

from what I know and seen, these engines have been put into the RD1/RD2

MIVEC from CK lancer ( i think), V6 Mivec from FTO, GSR1.8T (terbalik, newer gen version), Evo 4 & above, SR20 (Pulsar as posted by you), 3S-GTE (dun ask me how, but i've seen pics of it)

Any pic for FTO into coupe? I'm very interested!! hahaha..
Frankly speaking, I quite worry that even I can put in the FTO but the welding mountings are troublesome. Suppose the V6 is very smooth and quiet engine but with the "rojak" mounting, I very scare that I can hear a lot of sound from in front.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Correct me if I'm thinking too much. haha

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
hey bro, sorry but i do not have pic of the coupe with FTO engine. I just heard from my mech that it's been done before. No idea on whether got major mod on the mountings or not...

sam0051

Known Member
Oct 8, 2004
hope tonight we can meet. I want get more info from you.

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
well. i think if you are alittle crazy for power.. you can get the 1.6 mivec ck. change to the 1.8 block or even 2.0 block. with some addtional "secret recipe" from your foreman and tuner..
you can get easily 250 to 300 + whp.

i have friend using mivec with 1.8 block 1.2 bar with GSR gearbox. on wheel 330 i think currently.

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
unknown1X: Mivec turbo? If i'm not mistaken your friend spent quite alot of money to get that kind of power right?

sam0051

Known Member
Oct 8, 2004
well. i think if you are alittle crazy for power.. you can get the 1.6 mivec ck. change to the 1.8 block or even 2.0 block. with some addtional "secret recipe" from your foreman and tuner..
you can get easily 250 to 300 + whp.

i have friend using mivec with 1.8 block 1.2 bar with GSR gearbox. on wheel 330 i think currently.
YA, my fren told me that too. a lot mivec player doing so. he said, 1.6mivec with 1.8 block (N/A) can get 240 km/h. but very expensive to play oh... I think more expensive than convert EVO4 oh..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello,

I'm changing my both front and back wiper soon .. I'm planning to go for either duraedge or PIAA .. I saw there are many different sizes .. like 18", 20", 22" .. which one that fits and looks nice on a satria? front and back different measurement? Thanks B)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience