What If Karamjit joins D1?

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
:_: Ahhh... another of those what if things we dream about. Since that Karamjit is not competing in APRC at the moment, i do hope he spares some time to compete in D1.

I'm used to seeing him go sideways in rally events on TV. And the only time i've seen him on trmac real life was 2 years ago with a Proton Waja for F1 street demo at KLCC. I can't recall if the waja was 4WD or FR. But i do recall him sliding sooooo long from the start of the corner not even locking his wheels. Then he did a 360 in front of me. hahaha. That one can see him hand brake liao.

I mean i wonder if he is interested in joining in. We have 1 pro in the form of T.Djan. I wonder who else in D1 competes in other form of races professionally?

I'd really love to see Karamjit duke it out with everyone and raise the bar higher than what T.Djan is doing now. hehehe.

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
YAh..me2...KAramjit is really good driver..he master the rally car and throw the car to 4wheel drift...i saw it once..the drift is facinating...drifting car without countersteer...thats 4wD
but i think Karamjit had a bit problem with the sponsor...since someone drop him out...and he need to look for financial himself to be active in rally..really poor to heard that...
wondering if he need co-driver beside him when he drift huh?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
i dont think co-driver allowed in D1 hahaha. is gona be abit harder without that? for him? haha

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
i think rallyists would make better drifters than circuit racers. alot of US drifters came from rally background, unlike jap drifters and drift newbies like rod millen (a legendary rallyist, rhys's dad and holder of pikes peak record laptime!) immediately feels at home with drifting...

IMO uncle karam would be a superb drifter, and i would love to see the PERT 4wd waja entering the D1 series, as i think its D1 legal as it still uses original chassis...

jkx130289

Known Member
Jul 2, 2006
4WD PERT Waja?4wd i dont think can join d1 leh....haha....and also how to drift with 4 wheel drive.....can also for a while only....haha

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
jkx130289 said:
4WD PERT Waja?4wd i dont think can join d1 leh....haha....and also how to drift with 4 wheel drive.....can also for a while only....haha

Maybe you havent seen uncle karam driving the PERT Waja sideways before...

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
PERT...its what makes uncle Karam "Karam"...let him drive a FR car n show us what we cal the best again...hehe, YahYah....actually those drifter from rally background actually makes better drifter...
jkx...you reli never saw him drift a 4wd b4 huh? he slide from the enter to the exit with almost min countersteer..donut?also no problem!holding the drift like FR car can be done by changing the LSD percentage so the car will act FR-like even its a 4WD
if Uncle Karamjit saw this thread..he will be happy coz there is still alot of supporter!!

Short_Shifter

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Banting
i agree too..he is a world class driver...ive seen karam in many rally edi...even spoke to him a few times as well...his rallying is awesome...he is such a geat driver...his clipping techniques are perfect...in rally can see him sideways all the way...now he has his own EVO3 which he used in the last MRC in johor...just got the car and champion of that round...the best part is that his overall timing in the malaysian rally championship was faster than the timing in APRC...if he registered in APRC he will be champion there as well...kara...ur the man...looking forward to seeing u in more podiums to come...cheers!

Short_Shifter

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Banting
oh ok...i thought oni FR cars can join D1..but the most promissing platform in drifting would be FR rite...using 4WD is col but it wil be such a challege trying to get it not to understeer...cheers!

sky7

Known Member
May 5, 2005
4wd cant enter d1

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
d1 only allow FR car...but in street legal you can see FF civic drift too...
But 4WD is restricted in D1 if you check the D1 regulation at www.d1gp.com

4WD drift is all about speed...thats the different...if you drift the 4WD and FR...im sure FR will capture more attention as the angle and smoke comin out off the rear wheel...but talking about speed, 4WD has the upper hand.

Thats why rally driver has the basic of drift...but when comes to D1, Tanso have alot of criteria set by the judge...line, angle, smoke, throttle control.
High quality D1 driver like Kazama and Nomuken will surely no problem bout this thing...but former rally driver still have to learn something to facinate the cowd and judge

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
Hmm.. If Karamjit Singh were to join D1.. then u'll see a 'SWS'..

''SideWaysSingh''..!! and he'll be codename Dorifto Singh..

cheers'

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The current Z project is inspired by the same video that these guys from Down Under produced. First they bought a AUD500 shell, basically a Daihatsu Mira (or Perodua Kelisa 2 door), then stripped it apart, taken out the ailing engine, dumped in a Daihatsu Mira Turbo half cut, taken out the auto gearbox and swapped them over for a manual one. Then they bling up their cars with spacers, larger rims and a nice...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience