Weight of rear seats & ideas for spare wheel

Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hello people!

I've been looking around online but can't seem to get any data on this.

Anyone know what's the weight of the rear seats on a 2013 Satria Neo R3?

If I were to replace the rear seats with spare wheel, would it amount to the same weight?

Has anyone heard of ordering a Satria Neo from Proton and specifically asking them to remove the rear seats only to install a mount for a spare tire?

Thanks in advance~

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
any reason why would you want to remove the rear seat?
Figured there would be space to put a spare wheel. I'd very much like a fast car, but also a bit practical. If there is a tire puncture, I don't wanna be stranded somewhere just because my car doesn't have a spare wheel.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Tomiya Takato,

Hahahahaha love the pic!

Sort of true but I just don't see the reason of it in a Neo. To get in the back is a pain and worst of all when you are in, there is no leg room. Its like they designed the rear seats for dwarfs.... Even dwarfs might complain about it, hahaha.

To me it just seems to be unnecessary weight, so I figure i'd put something more useful there. Like a spare wheel for instance.

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Figured there would be space to put a spare wheel. I'd very much like a fast car, but also a bit practical. If there is a tire puncture, I don't wanna be stranded somewhere just because my car doesn't have a spare wheel.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Tomiya Takato,

Hahahahaha love the pic!

Sort of true but I just don't see the reason of it in a Neo. To get in the back is a pain, and worst of all when you are in there is no leg room. Its like they designed the rear seats for dwarfs.... Even dwarfs might complain about it, hahaha.

To me it just seems to be unnecessary weight, so I figure i'd put something more useful there. Like a spare wheel for instance.
Driving a Neo right? No spare wheel? Even the skinny one? :confused:

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Driving a Neo right? No spare wheel? Even the skinny one?
Well I went to look at the car a couple of weeks ago. Forgot to check for one, but from what I remember it didn't look like it had to space to have one at all. The boot space is non-existent. Unless there is some special compartment below the boot space that I do no know about.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
seriously neo no spare tire?
Just buy a pump and tire repair kit.
Small holes ok,but if theres a cut or tire exploded. u r in deep sh*t.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Well I went to look at the car a couple of weeks ago. Forgot to check for one, but from what I remember it didn't look like it had to space to have one at all. The boot space is non-existent. Unless there is some special compartment below the boot space that I do no know about.
From the looks of it, there is.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Most modern cars no longer carry spare wheels but an emergency tyre gel kit and an electric air pump which is much lighter and compact

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Most modern cars no longer carry spare wheels but an emergency tyre gel kit and an electric air pump which is much lighter and compact
I'd still very much like a tyre. Recently my blown tire would have been impossible to fix with just a tyre gel kit + electrix air pump. Must make another trip to Proton to check out the car more throughly this time.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

get run flat tires (RFT)
Looks too expensive for me mate.

Last edited:

naj_savvy

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
dunno if u've already checked, but most neos do have spare tyre in the compartment under the floor of the boot. try check and see

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
wow, 99.9% of cars today still have spare tyre...albeit a smaller (temporary usage) one...

neo have spare tyre..

i thought you wanna modify it like in those drift event..bring lots of tyres...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Run flats are not worthwhile, since it doesn't protect from a lot of types of damages. For that sort of prevention you're better off with a Fix-a-Flat can, since run flats aren't that comfortable and you're limited to only a few models of tyres.

Still nothing like a spare tyre. I would assume the Neo has a space saver tyre at the very least from the factory.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bro's.. need help from JB members here.. where can i get VTTR bbk at reasonable price in JB area. Pls advise. thks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience