Tamiya 1/24 Nismo R34 GT-R Z-tune

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
ayoi..

nice built there.. very detailed WIP.. sure will be much of help & refrence..
can't wait to start mine (vspec II, not z-tune)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hehehe...Ayoi thanks for the tips so I just get the (Fine & Finish) is cukup lah...??Bro before laying down the clear coat, do you wet sand the paint surface ? How does the Tamiya polishing WAX look like..? can show a pic ?

I bought my Z-tune already. Actually bought 2 sets of the same car...Hahaha..wanted to paint different colour so can have 2 different versions....Hehehe Oh, i got my Detail up parts too. Ayoi, want to ask you, what you used to cut the photo etched parts ? cause at the back it says have to use Tamiya cutter and file..really nessesary ?

Now i still need TS-13, clear red,orange, polishing compound,Tamiya masking tape and some TS spray paints.

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
ayoi..

nice built there.. very detailed WIP.. sure will be much of help & refrence..
can't wait to start mine (vspec II, not z-tune)
V-spec II?? woah sure cun punyelaaa :) wut color u want to use??? mica blue???

Hehehe...Ayoi thanks for the tips so I just get the (Fine & Finish) is cukup lah...??Bro before laying down the clear coat, do you wet sand the paint surface ? How does the Tamiya polishing WAX look like..? can show a pic ?

I bought my Z-tune already. Actually bought 2 sets of the same car...Hahaha..wanted to paint different colour so can have 2 different versions....Hehehe Oh, i got my Detail up parts too. Ayoi, want to ask you, what you used to cut the photo etched parts ? cause at the back it says have to use Tamiya cutter and file..really nessesary ?

Now i still need TS-13, clear red,orange, polishing compound,Tamiya masking tape and some TS spray paints.
sorry i never try wet sanding b4.. i'm oso a bit kompius how to do wet sanding hehe so anyone have tried b4.. pls gve us lessons!! :)

for PE set i'm using my modelling knife haha buat slow2 sure will be ok :)

wut color do you want to lay on ur z-tune???

here Tamiya modelling wax

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
For wet sandind a car wad u need is 1500 grift n 2000 grift sand paper , firstly use 1500 grift paper to sand on the car body using some water , after a few round of sanding when you using tissue paper to wipe the car body u will c it look like disaster when it is dry when but relax, its ok so now time to check is there any place that havent sand through if there is sand it again using 1500 grift paper until u sand it down nicely ... u can check more easily if that car body is sand completely or not by wipe the car till dry ..after its ok den sand it again with 2000 grift paper using some water till nice nice...u can feel the smoothness if u wipe it dry , n feel it with ur finger ...but at the same time the car will look no shine at all but relax bro...if u were satisfy with the smoothness take some car wax (whatever brand 4 me i using normal wax oso shine shine 1 ) den wax it using clean n smooth cloth if u wan better effect u can rub the wax a bit by a bit using ur finger on certain area till the wax dry like eraser dust this is the time u wipe those wax dust using clean n smooth cloth or another of ur clean finger, so now u can compare the area with unwax area n u can c the different but 1time is not enough,after 1st time wax thot i will look abit shine but still look not so smooth instead of rough but keep it on with 2nd , 3rd, 4th times ,to get shiner u must wax at least 3 time the more times u wax the shiner u get ...after wax u can c how shine is the car compare to before wax...

PS* 1. Do not give up if the car still look not shine after few times of wax ,keep it on wax as many time untill u satisfy with the car shine....remember the more times u wax the shiner u get...4 mine model i wax it at least 10 times to get it shine...

2. about the pressure of wet sanding there is no certain pressure as long as u didnt sand untill those paint gone ..lol

Good luck modelling bro.. Cheers~~~:tee:

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
I didnt even use compound 4 my model , even those wax are also cheap cheap wax but also very shine ler...hehe:biggrin: :biggrin:

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
TQ zenlim for ur wet sanding technique :)
Bro zenlim, how many layer clear/base coat on ur model???
where to get 1500 grift n 2000 grift sand paper??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Ayoi, u can get 1500 grit and 2000 grit wet sanding papre from hardware store. I bought mine already. cost you Rm1.50/piece. I haven't started to assemble my Z-tune yet. I want to get all the things completely 1st then only I start.

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
I want to get all the things completely 1st then only I start.
haha tats the best way.. but for me i'm still dono how to get flat red for my interior.. ive already bought tamiya XF-7 flat red (bottle), using handpaint the result really bad.. i dont have airbrush.. till now i cant finish my z-tune :(

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
TQ zenlim for ur wet sanding technique :)
Bro zenlim, how many layer clear/base coat on ur model???
where to get 1500 grift n 2000 grift sand paper??
Wad do u mean by clearcoat bro? For my paint prosedur after i paint the color i will wet sand the paint till smooth smooth but didnt wax it then i will spray clear coat on it,usually i spray at least 3 layer which is 1st mist coat , 2nd and 3rd will b thick one , as long as u satisfy with it den u can start wet sanding it again den wax it after wax till shine shine its ok liow no nid anymore clear coat...hope this help u..

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
haha tats the best way.. but for me i'm still dono how to get flat red for my interior.. ive already bought tamiya XF-7 flat red (bottle), using handpaint the result really bad.. i dont have airbrush.. till now i cant finish my z-tune :(
Either bro u can use a little bit water a the tit of the brush then mix with the paint i doin mine like that bcoz that will make the paint easy to paint coz the paint wont dry so fast,but make sure dont use to much water coz the paint will bcome very thin so u couldnt paint it well...1 very important...dont use enamal or arcrylic thinner to make the paint thinner as it will so easy n smooth to pait but it will eat ur lacquer paint which is ur TS paint or spray can paint...

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
Wad do u mean by clearcoat bro? For my paint prosedur after i paint the color i will wet sand the paint till smooth smooth but didnt wax it then i will spray clear coat on it,usually i spray at least 3 layer which is 1st mist coat , 2nd and 3rd will b thick one , as long as u satisfy with it den u can start wet sanding it again den wax it after wax till shine shine its ok liow no nid anymore clear coat...hope this help u..
GET IT.. tq zenlim

Either bro u can use a little bit water a the tit of the brush then mix with the paint i doin mine like that bcoz that will make the paint easy to paint coz the paint wont dry so fast,but make sure dont use to much water coz the paint will bcome very thin so u couldnt paint it well...1 very important...dont use enamal or arcrylic thinner to make the paint thinner as it will so easy n smooth to pait but it will eat ur lacquer paint which is ur TS paint or spray can paint...
Ok i will try tis method during cuti time :) TQ2

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
:eek: Wow zen, really hard-core lah u, wax 10times for shine, i malas after some compound lazy wax edi. :biggrin:
Nola coz my wax are those cheap wax ma...so nid wax many times lo:biggrin: no money buy compound la too exp...but as long as u satisfy with the shine how many time oso can de...:burnout:

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Updated** 9th July 2007

Finished eagle eyes!!! hehehe :D
interior/decal still not complete :(

Bro mind 2 share how u paint ur head lamp(eagle eyes) ? :hmmmm: Izzit using brush?And wad paint did u use ? Acrylic paint? Thanks...

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
Bro mind 2 share how u paint ur head lamp(eagle eyes) ? Izzit using brush?And wad paint did u use ? Acrylic paint? Thanks...
i'm using permanent marker pen from faber castell.. :) use the smallest mata pen :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Welcome to MOBILE APPLIANCE SERVICES LIMITED: guiding philosophy is to focus solely on the wireless industry - It is this profound understanding of the industry that allows us to offer the most up-to-date and only the highest quality products to our loyal customer base. No company is perfect, we know that. But we can assure you no one else tries harder than us to achieve that label. When the time comes we would like you to consider us for your new product purchase. Thank you for visiting...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience