Suspension question on Accent RX-S

RoCkie

Jun 17, 2005
Subang Jaya
Hi Chris,

I'm not too sure on the width of the rims... i'll give it a check later...

But looking at ur point, somehow it does seriuosly match the scenario here...
When the foreman install the rims and tyres on.. they "highly" recommend to install the spacer... (blue color round plate that fit nicely to the centre socket of the rim)
then only install the rims onto the car. The foreman claim that the spacer will improve the stability of the wheels, as the rims are now more fitted tightly.
The workshop fellas claim that they have install 15" rims onto other Hyundai Accent from them as well and none complaint about this problem...
I've check the inner part of the fender but i'm not sure whether is there any mark or indication of contact with the tyre b4...
i'm considering to "slim down" the width of the fender inner part to avoid any possible contact with the tyre... not too entirely sure whether is that the right thing to do onot...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
this is the only active thread in Hyundai section.

Bump for your guys. Kambateh! Let's heat up the Hyundai section man.

RoCkie

Jun 17, 2005
Subang Jaya
haha... i got abit problem and questions mar... need advise and guidance from all sifuss here :)

Btw.. BlackSamurai.. today when i was driving somewhere around phileo damansara area at 2.45pm... i saw a black color coupe... i can't recall the licence plate.. but i think i saw a blonde girl (i suppose.. cannot see properly) driving it... is the car urs?? :cool:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
haha, I wish I have a blonde girl driving my Coupe. Nope, it's not me, I shall be in the office. :D

next time give her a Hyundai Friendly honk. :D

RoCkie

Jun 17, 2005
Subang Jaya
haha... the blonde chic in da coupe dem chun wor... hehe :)
i scared i give frenly honk ppl think otherwise... then i'll be in deep shitz...

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
Honking is not a problem but banging would... :rolleyes:

Well, what about those spacers? Any improvement after removing them? What about knocking the fenders?

RoCkie

Jun 17, 2005
Subang Jaya
Not yet try to remove the spacer though.... been very busy recently.... knocking the fender... sounds crazy for me.. coz my DIY is no good at all....

Jeffrey_occ

Sep 10, 2004
danieL said:
Hi guys,

My fren just bought the accent rx-s and he just changed the rims from the original 14" to 15" 195/55/15. Suspension is still stock standard.

The problem is, now when he fetch 2 ppl at the back, the tyres will scrape the fender when going on uneven roads or when taking hard corners.

I think the suspension is too soft on this car. Any recommendations on what kind of suspension is good for this car?

Anybody else have this problem?

thanks.
Hey..Man...Jeffrey Ong here!! i malas 2 go throught all dos comment la..hehe...juz answer u by ur ques tat posted..k!! i change my acccent rim n tyre to 205/50/15 juz after a get my new car...n im using potenza Re711 tat i using 4 my previous car...Damn Chun man!aldou the suspension is ori...but it juz realli stick 2 the road.....coz 205 normali use in 16 inch ma...so it gave u the tyre contact n handling as a 16" rim..but fuel comp less than using a 16" rim.but 1 thing....my rim off set is 2 big 4 accent..so will happen the same thing like u...i used spacer 2...
after a month,now im using 16" rim edy!!wif the rite selection rim 2 fit the car....now i didnt face the same prob edy!!..but frankli,16" rim didnt increase my handling(maybe its 2 high n need 2 be lowered 1st)...somore can say is worst than 15"....but provided u use 205/50/15.....no doubt...i wan my car 2 look nice....definateli goes 2...16" rim
SORRY MAN...I FORGOT TO SAY MY RIM WILL CONTACT THE REAR FENDER COZ MY TYRE IS BIG....NO REALLI BOUT THE RIM...CHECK UR TYRE OUT...COZ U MIGHT BOUGHT THE SAME SIZE AS MINE....RIM IS OK INSIDE..BUT TYRE 2 WIDE AFTER ADDED SPACER!!

Last edited:

RoCkie

Jun 17, 2005
Subang Jaya
Good shit Jeffrey :)

I recall my car installed with spacer as well.. will try to remove them and see how things goes...
i dun plan to change the rims... i like my rims now... altough abit susah to clean it up since got more spoke :P

Thanks man :rock:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,there ...car lovers ..

Want to ask ..is this led type light ,which is known as the car third braking lamp ...Is it legal or will get summons with the jpj ... Which starts this 1 November ...http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=535197
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience