Smell of gas/petrol at the rear right wheel.Why?

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
hye all,i have one problem and i need your help.

my car,satria.have one problem.when i fil up the tank,than go back home.i smell a very strong smell of petrol at the right rear wheels of my car.

The questions is why?
1 : Is my fuel line leaking?
2 : or is it normal?
3 : Any other place can leak?

the smell is very strong and can consider dangerous right?i already jack up my car and found that there i no bocor what so ever..so,what should i do??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
send to workshop for whole body checkup... when u smell the as fuel, think of the explosion of hindenburg... u know what i mean... haha...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
yo Bro,

Check your fuel cap....
It not doing a good job...
Try exchange wif a friend's to confirm.....
PM me on the results....

ekiddie

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
everytime u filled up full tank??

if full tank... it might drip off lor... kancil haf tat... i donno why... it got like a tiny hole which if de tank is VERY full... it will drip out those excessive fuel on de road... small small drops lar... it's for a kancil tank... i donno bout satria tho...

just an experience to share... who knows it helps...

;)

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
reddice,maybe is an onerflow only....my car always can smell petrol smell.....haha

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
ekiddie said:
everytime u filled up full tank??

if full tank... it might drip off lor... kancil haf tat... i donno why... it got like a tiny hole which if de tank is VERY full... it will drip out those excessive fuel on de road... small small drops lar... it's for a kancil tank... i donno bout satria tho...

just an experience to share... who knows it helps...

;)
Yeah I think ive seen that on my car, satia too, the hole is to drain splashes during pumping i think.

MAKANBUDAK

Jul 2, 2005
SUBANG
hope your car still o.k.im already experiance same thing.
after first smell see top engine still clean. then done around
350km. engine no jammed. but then can see smoke at top
right bonnet and see oil is fresh oil is everywhere in my engine room.thought have to do top overhauled but luckilly
meet kind foremen that can see only my gear box oil tank, one
of the hose got hole and burst.have to change oil,filter and the hose costing onlt around rm110 for my saga with 4g91 lancer.
but i think its dammed to previous foremen done that hole
for geting chance to do major overhauled.
you checked and better be careful.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
hmm, mine got petrol smell all the time..why leh? is it my carb running too rich?? or izzit my open pod causing this smell problem?? fuel consumption sometimes damn high, sometimes damn low, and yeah, sometimes might be cause by the petrol cap, as the petrol cap got bocor or not tight enough, then petrol can come out.. :D just my info lar, cause lastime mine the cap there, alwiz wet wet wan when i wanna pump petrol, so i guess maybe petrol leaking out kwa.... :(

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
E-Tech said:
yo Bro,

Check your fuel cap....
It not doing a good job...
Try exchange wif a friend's to confirm.....
PM me on the results....
fuel cap..i try to smell there but nothing la bro..

makan budak..its petrol smell la..not engine oil..

bvalve,your car smell petrol is diferent,because you is the owner of petrol station..hahahaha..when wanna TT?

ekiddie,not full la if Rm 10 near empty also can smell la..everytime moving..if stand still for one day also..wont have smell..but if move not more than 500 metre already smell..i think its the hose maybe..

ambayah,everytime the car is moving i smeel it..

SkYwAlKeR,cait...don play with fire..hahhaha..later,you burn with me...

the update : have been to 5 workshop last friday..and the result..tada..nothing..all the same dialog..

the dialog :
1 : susah nak tengok la bang,takder kesan meleleh atau kesan petrol pun..
2 : susah-susah sangat..tukar je la tank bang..(he thought money made of what?sea shell?)
3 : pakai je la bang,dah terbakar nanti jumpa saya (if im not already in hell i can see you la,and that time i'll be kicking your ass and all your cousin ass)

e-tech,today will try your solutions..thanks...but you say maybe the fuel cap is not doing it works properly,but why i dont smell it at the caps??and smell it under the car?

p/s : this is so remeh la..but dangerous..

Last edited:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
ey, its not remeh leh, its damn annoying also, and i guess, try cehcking your fuel line, maybe got minor leak. ;)

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
annoying..that the word...

minor leak..maybe la..i wanna try doing some soap testing la..like they use to detect the leak in kicthen gas usage..

hahahha..sound funny..but i will try..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does fuel comsumption increased when bullet and exhaust system modified? But the extrrator remains stock..

thank u ar sifu sifu sekalian....
:) :) :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience