skyline rb26 expert in JB

LOPI

Known Member
Feb 28, 2006
melacca
you can refer to viswork at permas jaya johor.
if im not mistake they already setup a monster rb26 in skyline lately.
they also have dyno set.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

also u can refer to RMD garage(kempas n perling jb)
they love rb series n sr series of cos turbo charge!

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe you can request to into Viswork group in Facebook. The project Skyline should be around 800bhp their Dyno machine don't even can handle it. Maybe you can try project to 1000bhp....

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
RB26 is high potential engine if you got budget is not too hard to achieve. Hope can see yr project car soon..

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
torque racing permas jaya :top::top: .. same row as vis

LOPI

Known Member
Feb 28, 2006
melacca
Tong Chun and HV Racing are master in VTEC engine..:top::top::top:
that is their speciality.

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think built the engine is not a major issue for any shop can do it is same concept and after market performance parts is plug and play for RB26 but most important still depend how you tune it. FYI HV & TC car also tune at Viswork.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I think built the engine is not a major issue for any shop can do it is same concept and after market performance parts is plug and play for RB26 but most important still depend how you tune it. FYI HV & TC car also tune at Viswork.
That's not entirely true. Although an RB26 works the same as any other engine, that doesn't mean all mechanics can build them and build them well. There aren't many performance workshops around that can build 1000hp engines which can be used on the street, raced at the track and take a lot of abuse over the years without breaking. That comes with experience - knowing what works with the RB26 and what doesn't. More importantly, understanding the limitations of the engine and how to overcome them for example oiling is definitely one of them from the oil pump which is prone to fail as sustained high engine speeds to the size of the oil sump which could be bigger.

In fact, to even make 1000hp at the wheels is a lot to ask especially if a shop has never done it before. They wouldn't know which combination of parts work well together such as turbo sizing to camshaft selection to use of stroker kits, etc. So although technically it works just like any other engine, not just any shop can do it and it is a major issue especially since RB26s have never been cheap to build nor to break.

Anyway, I could be wrong but RMD could possibly have the longest lasting RB26 around which is used in drag racing without blowing but then again that's just what came to mind so I've never researched this point.

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I should agree with you when came to engine build it require alot experience. Of course we won't give Tom, Dick and Harry to build the engine but I think for those well known garage should not have a problem with it.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I should agree with you when came to engine build it require alot experience. Of course we won't give Tom, Dick and Harry to build the engine but I think for those well known garage should not have a problem with it.
Well, ironically sometimes the top guys are the ones who fail and then its the little known workshop that comes out with the giant killer. Too bad there isn't someone who does purely RB26s locally like how RIPS of NZ does RB30s only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As stated.. how to take care of it?

meaning.. what stuff to use or applied... coz it is easily get light scratches and dull in time..

will AutoSol do the job? any other products?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience