roll cage in street car

eater_eg6

500 RPM
Feb 15, 2004
east coast
www.geocities.com
did anyone using roll cage in their car ?? i mean the street car..not a track car.. :) will jpj n polis very kacau if they c a roll cage inside ur car ??? plz share ur experience here.... thanx.. :)

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
as i know, from all previous treads, seems like rollcage sure illegal one. reason is that if you accident, and i mean really bad accident event the roll cage can't save you, then the fireman come and will have a hard time getting you out of your car, guess that they are not trained to cut cars with rollcage :D

another reason maybe the jpj officer not enough money buy milk powder liau.. then they will sure kacau :D

dean75

Known Member
Nov 10, 2004
Port Dickson
never in my life....

are you out of your mind???? Logically speaking....NO WAY JOSE...

that is for sure kena saman ...terbeliak mata those police/jpj officer..

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
The roll-cage has to go with the driver wearing a helmet for it to work effectively. :rolleyes:

Just joking... :tongue:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Roll cage? U must be either ignorant or insane!

Go back and watch WRC 2005 on AXN and u will find the answers there...

artraider

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Shah Alam
read a thread b4. roll cage in street car = hazardous. coz instead of saving life, may cause additional injuries without proper wear. plus jpj illegal.

in the other hand, for street car maybe can put all kind of ultra racing / zenden / etc. bars. (front,rear,fender,under,room,etc.)

^_^

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Imagine a motorcyclist hit ur car from side....his head hit ur roll-cage....u think he die o not?

the same accident for a car wit roll-cage n without roll-cage....

with roll-cage wil die, without wont die...coz roll-cage is too stiff n hard.....DANGEROUS

instal only when u go to track....

dun play play

my 2 cents

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
padding won't do anything except cover the metal...
Imagine your head hitting the "Padded" rollcage at 5km...
It's gonna hurt I tell you...

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
eater_eg6,
bro, i'm on my way to putting a rollcage into my street car...i would recommend the following procedures;

1. check with your insurance if they do cover cars with a BOLT-ON rollcage and state that it will only be used for track/competition days.

2. i read a clause in the JPJ rullings that if you can provide sufficient technical drawings to prove that what you're doing is being done by trained and professional hands it might be possible. so get that done IF you plan a WELD-IN cage.

3. padding. either go for superlon from stan@ninja_iga or if you've got buddies in the aircon business, get insuflex. same thing may be slightly dearer compared to superlon. and the padding does not "just cover the metal" as what khorne said. it does aid in preventing serious head/arm/leg injuries IF correct high-impact resistant padding is used. also, it is a criteria in most motorsporting rules that rollcages must be padded where POSSIBLE CONTACT WITH HEAD/ARM/LEG MAY HAPPEN.

4. you could also opt for a more discrete 6 point weld-in cage if the above has been satisfied and then get the option of including additional BOLT-ON points for added rigidity such as the cross-brace at the rear windshield and at the side of your doors.

i guess those are some of the thoughts i've put in to thinking whether or not i should get a cage in my car...hope it helps you some. :)

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Utter bullshite...
Only FIA approved "high-impact resistant padding" can aid in preventing serious head/arm/leg injuries... Not superlon or Insuflex, theyre of different material and textures...

How many people out there can afford to use FIA approved roll cage padding ???
Superlon and insuflex can only help so little, unless youre talking about 42mm padding then MAYBE, JUST MAYBE it might aid in the event of an inpact... Then again comes the rollcage design... What other proper safety measures is taken when installing a roll-cage... Is it mild-steel ??? Or Chromoly ??? Bucket seats and harness ??? Helmet ??? Other occupants in the car ???

Remember a rollcage is meant to protect the occupant(s) in a race... OCCUPANTS wear helmets...

On a street car and no helmet, youre just asking for trouble...

Go Figure

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Finally, today I get my self a bottle of Tufoil at Eneos One Utama.

Initially, did a engine flush and replace my oil filter. Using ENEOS 10-30w mineral oil (the orange colour). After service take a spin for 1 hr, from LDP to Bangi just to get the feel of the newly service engine.

Stop at Bangi Petronas to pour a bottle of Tufoil. At first there was no difference .. left it engine running for 5 mins .. I can notice the roar of my engine getting lower and lower ! Woah man .. im getting...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience