R3 Track Experience

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
To all the participants last Saturday , specifically the Gen2 Club, Satria R3 Owners and past SSO participants we would like to extend our gratitude. Hope most of you had enjoyed the Track experience, especially the mock batttles when riding as passengers in our Waja and Satria Race cars expertly driven T Djan Ley, Faidzil Alang and Khaidi.

Those who enjoyed the Driver Training course in the afternoon should join our next SSO Time Attack next time round.

Hope to see you in the next event.

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
It was all good until some idiotic red AE86 started hooning around the circuit swinging his egoistic balls sideways.. HA! :D

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Many thanks to the R3 staff involved in the R3 Track Experience. I certainly hope this will be a sister event to the Time Attack SSO's; train first, then compete.

Rest assured, I learnt a lot more about my car (and how bad my skills are) during the track event. The threshold braking training was an eye opener. We don't get to practice this technique very often on public roads so being given a chance to perform it in a safe, controlled environment is a priceless experience.

Might I suggest that the next practical have a wet high speed slalom? :biggrin:

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
prozac said:
Many thanks to the R3 staff involved in the R3 Track Experience. I certainly hope this will be a sister event to the Time Attack SSO's; train first, then compete.

Rest assured, I learnt a lot more about my car (and how bad my skills are) during the track event. The threshold braking training was an eye opener. We don't get to practice this technique very often on public roads so being given a chance to perform it in a safe, controlled environment is a priceless experience.

Might I suggest that the next practical have a wet high speed slalom? :biggrin:
how about doing a slalom in reverse. then you get the opportunity to practice your reversing skills :)

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
gary said:
how about doing a slalom in reverse. then you get the opportunity to practice your reversing skills :)
If you remember the old NFS: Porsche Unleashed game, there was a driver training course where you had to dive into a large skidpad, twitch the steering a little, tug the handbrake, get the car into reverse for a short distance, then swing the car back into forward motion. In short, a continuous 360 degree manoeuvre.

Doing that in real life would be totally SICK! :rock:

But you'd have to rename the event to R3 Stunt Driving Experience :tongue:

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
I totally enjoyed it. First of its kind in my books. Hoping for more track time in future, and not to mention more pointers on how to take on SIC.

Learned a lot on Saturday. Just realised that we hardly even use 50% of the car's true potential. I've never braked that hard in my life!

Driver Software Update 2.0 required.

Kudos R3!

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
endless551 said:
It was all good until some idiotic red AE86 started hooning around the circuit swinging his egoistic balls sideways.. HA! :D
Not as dumb as some flame-spitting white Redsuns-wannabe FC3S, hanging the tail out all the way through Turn 15.

The passengers rides, named Taxi Rides in the R3 race cars should be renamed Race Experience. I saw some very pale looking passengers after they got out the cars.

The Threshold Braking training/practice was good for many people. Proved that technique was more important than equipment.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Crash said:
I totally enjoyed it. First of its kind in my books. Hoping for more track time in future, and not to mention more pointers on how to take on SIC.

Learned a lot on Saturday. Just realised that we hardly even use 50% of the car's true potential. I've never braked that hard in my life!

Driver Software Update 2.0 required.

Kudos R3!
Good to see the SR3 owners learning while enjoying yourselves. Next round the owners who showed up but only watched are required to participate. No excuses accepted. hahaha

Free software upgrade at the next, SSO 4dot5.

Last edited:

KryPToN

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2005
Selangor
R3 Track Experience?

Been There... Done That... Loved It!

as for the upcoming events? I will...

Be There... Do That... Love It Again!

To all drivers who were interested in participating but didn't want to join or was a little shy because of the 'R3' in the title of the event... I know how your feel... But PLEASE COME AND JOIN!! The event will only get better with the 'R3' in the title! They really will 'Redifine YOUR Limits'!!

Thumbs up for the R3 crew who made this happen!

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Those who went to the SIC would probably have read our R3 Billboard near the Pit Entrance and noticed the Lines - Redefining Your Limit and EVERYONE"S PLAYGROUND

Those who joined the R3 Track Experience did just that.

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
As a first-timer, a commendable performance from you, Krypton. Let's do more track days man. It's fun! :D

Haniff, prozac, jakuzzeeman, you and I can have our own little 'battle' at the track.

Speed-freak Jakuzeeman has some skills actually! Very fast and clean at SIC. I needed to be super-smooth and clean at turns to catch up with his Stage 1 M24.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
wow... sounds super fun... would die for a chance to get some professional pointers, but dunno where to get such advice... what do you need to join?? do you have to own an R3 or something like dat??

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
minivan said:
wow... sounds super fun... would die for a chance to get some professional pointers, but dunno where to get such advice... what do you need to join?? do you have to own an R3 or something like dat??
It was open to Proton car owners - SGTi, SR3, Waja, Gen.2, Wira/Satria and SSO participants.

Cost RM150 for the whole day, including track time, driver course and food!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All ZTH Bro,

i thinking to add-in full set of ultra racing chassis enhancement bar to my lovely car, but when i group up everything before install total weight up to 30kg, i have feeling........ spending so much for reducing weight then suddenly add up 30kg.... :bawling::banghead:

therefore all bros, any solution???

thanks for all comment.:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience