nissan fairlady sportrim

kelvin chai

Mar 28, 2011
petaling jaya
hi bro , this the 1st time im using the channel , hope urs can giv me some advice , thank
i thinking the change my gold in colour fairlady , ( 17" original ) so what side should i go for it , what colour , where's the best place , beside that where can i get the auto start remote , and this giv give us alot of mantainance ? thank everybody ..
kelvin chai
016-248 3118

kelvin chai

Mar 28, 2011
petaling jaya
what the 17" rim as compare to 18" and 19" feeling on cornering ... do there giv alot off defrence when hv bigger wheel and slimer tyre ? thank

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
what the 17" rim as compare to 18" and 19" feeling on cornering ... do there giv alot off defrence when hv bigger wheel and slimer tyre ? thank
To have a better cornering feel, change to wider tire, you can feel big different in handling between 265 and 245 (same tire brand and same model)

Tire profile doesn't help a lot.

kelvin chai

Mar 28, 2011
petaling jaya
thank ysl , i still cant decide , my car carrently is 17" original FL rim , should i change the rim ? if cahnge . can go for taiwan rim ? cost is almost 3time compare to japan rim ? so what should i do .....thank :hmmmm::hmmmm:

Z-Ice

Known Member
Sep 24, 2007
The fairlady is rear whell drive, hence you need to be careful when taking corners in high speed, easily over steer. Changing rims doesnt really affect much, I agree with ysl. Bigger tires perhaps, however, the set back is when under wet road conditions, you have to be even more careful. The disbursement of water is much more difficult say if you opt for 275 tires for the rear.

Upside is your car is better looking.

Downside - more costly to change tires if you opt for 19inch and above.
- under wet conditions, cannot go too fast.

Always remember, rims don't matter, the type of tires are most important. You can have the lightest rims, but bad quality of tires, its still the same.

For handling, you have to also look at changing your dampers and shocks.

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
Bigger & wider rubber profile....give your even greater hard braking ability without too much tailslide on the rear end like standard issue tyres profile.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Drove over to the Sepang International Circuit this past Sunday to cover a racing team for the upcoming Sepang 1000km race. So while I waited around for them to finish testing, I figured I might as well do a spot of picture taking of the rest of the cars there for the open track day. Didn't really have time to give it a 100% so if you were there and your car's not in this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience