new in speakers for cars...

zeon

Aug 27, 2005
penang
hey..i`m juz 16 years old...i wan to learn about speakers...how to tweek them...amps and stuff lidat...any sifu`s here can teach me...thx alot...

hopeunreal

Jan 7, 2005
Wow!!!

What you're asking is a little to much i think!

No hard feeling's ok :) , i dont mean to insult you, its just that there are a lot of things to take into consideration when you want to build a sound system and i dont think any of the people here will be able to write everything down for you here!!! There's just TOOOOOOOOOOOOO................. much stuff!!!

If you ask us a particular question on something you dont understand, we will be glad to help you,,, but what youre asking is a little too general!!

Tell you what, go on the net and read up on sound sytems, by this i mean, what are 2-way speakers, what are 3-way speakers, component speakers, players, amps and etc.

Find out what certain short forms mean, for example RMS power, Ohms, and etc,
This will help when you are reading up on stuff or when we are explaining something to you.

Not to forget, go on the net and visit the various web sites of the many audio brands available. If you dont undertsand something about their products, write to them. Their tech crews are usually ready to explain anything you ask them. Two particular tech crews that i really like are from ROCKFORD and Soundstream. (They reply to your enquiries in detail and try to do so as soon as possible.... few days... usually one or two) by the way,, writing to other tech srews from other brands are usually a real b1tch!!!!!

Rockford : http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/home/index.asp

Just type CAR AUDIO SYSTEM BUILDING on your search engine and you can read up on the a lot of stuff on the sites found!!

If you really want a feel for such systems, go to car shows , competitions ( especially car audio competitions) and look at systems that are already around. There are many members around here which have MAGNIFICENT systems!!!

Try asking them out to yum cha and to show you their systems,,, you never know, some people might ablige!! :)

After that plan a budget and try to work a system around it ( unless you have sh!t loads of money then no planning required!!!) HOWEVER one VERY important thing to take note is that NOT all expensive things are good. DONT just buy something because its expensive....

Anything else.... just try to enjoy your ride....

zeon

Aug 27, 2005
penang
ok dude...thx alot...well a kid like me is still too early to buy all those components...i juz wanna understand all the speakers stuff juz in case i really wanted to put cars...and..i dun even get my motor license yet...sooo...is still a long time for me to get a car....hehehe...thx alot

ahboy

Known Member
Apr 27, 2004

zeon

Aug 27, 2005
penang
k....thx...if anyone got any more sites dat help for basic speaker starting u may post here....thx alot

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YxCrYz0SlkM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="200" width="335"></iframe>

'(00): The APRC is this weekend and if you're heading south to the Johor state for the Rally, you'd be pleased to see and hear the Proton Satria Neo S2000 bursting through the cloud of dirt dust and crackling at the bends as it challenges the oil palm fields.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience