Myvi SE1 rear bonnet sound

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah
any sifu here please help me..
i owned a myvi SE1 , when i drive on uneven road, i can feel there was a steel sound "talak talak talak" come out from my rear bonnet..

so i take out the rear bonnet lock and check with the part shop, still the same,,
earlier i though my bonnet my loose, but when i check the the auto part shop one, still the same loose..
is it mine too loose or?

i comfirm is the lock, because when i take out the lock and test drive, no more the talak talak steel sound come out..

plz help =)
thanks~

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Take it out, clean it, the put some grease or lubricant and put it back, see whether it solve your prob or not?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
And the other option is.... put some dampening material or sponge behind your number plate. 99% of the time the number plate vibrates and that'll result in all sorts of irritating noises that are hard to isolate.

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah
Take it out, clean it, the put some grease or lubricant and put it back, see whether it solve your prob or not?
done before, just install after putting grease is better than before but still got sound,, after few day back to before~

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

And the other option is.... put some dampening material or sponge behind your number plate. 99% of the time the number plate vibrates and that'll result in all sorts of irritating noises that are hard to isolate.
i remove my number plate frame already and only stick the plate to the bonnet there.. i think the number plate wont vibrate because i try already~

Jan 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
spare tyre take out when checking the sound...
so i think not spare tyre~ =)
is it the rear seat belt?
because i have the same problem like you too
i suspect it is the rear seat belt because when i brake suddenly the sound can be heard very loud and sometimes when I brake softly the sound won't come out

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
any sifu here please help me..
i owned a myvi SE1 , when i drive on uneven road, i can feel there was a steel sound "talak talak talak" come out from my rear bonnet..

so i take out the rear bonnet lock and check with the part shop, still the same,,
earlier i though my bonnet my loose, but when i check the the auto part shop one, still the same loose..
is it mine too loose or?

i comfirm is the lock, because when i take out the lock and test drive, no more the talak talak steel sound come out..

plz help =)
thanks~

I understand ur problem.
Simple cheap solution...
Wrap same electrical tape to the fixed side
of the lock... That will get rid of the tok tok sound.

Can be applied to doors also to give it a
solid close sound... Like new. :-)

Try it and let me know ur results.:itsme:

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah
is it the rear seat belt?
because i have the same problem like you too
i suspect it is the rear seat belt because when i brake suddenly the sound can be heard very loud and sometimes when I brake softly the sound won't come out
mine not seat belt, my problem is only having sound when i drive on uneven road~ and the sound is come from the rear bonnet lock.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
mine not seat belt, my problem is only having sound when i drive on uneven road~ and the sound is come from the rear bonnet lock.
Oh btw, it might be your absorber top mounting. When that is broken you hear this knocking noise on uneven surfaces

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all car expert!!
just wanna ask, is it up boost our car equal o up our car's power?
can any1 explain it more detail?
if really do so can up power,then why people still need others mod?
if gsr up boost to 1.0 then roughly how many HP will i get?
is this oso help to increase the top speed?
will this affect our engine?will overload our engine?
really appreciate of your ans..thanks very much!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience