1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

Mrc05 @ Mr5

Discussion in 'Rallying' started by kancilburuk, Jul 28, 2005.

1. kancilburuk

kancilburuk Senior Member

Anyone goin for the launch of MRC Rnd 5 @ MR5 this August...

Launch will be helded at Danga Bay, JB...(of course any SSO 1.5 competitor know the place)...and stages is set at the old SS near Kota Tinggi oil palm estate...

Let me know if anyone goin

#1 kancilburuk, Jul 28, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  2. killerloop25

killerloop25 Senior Member

I'm sure to be there to give the APRC media coverage.

3. extremeondirt

extremeondirt Senior Member

i'll be there too...=)

cheers,
    daniel

4. killerloop25

killerloop25 Senior Member

Maybe if we all leave our contact numbers we can all hook up at Kota Tinggi.

5. extremeondirt

no probz...i'll pm u my contacts...

cheers,
    daniel

6. kancilburuk

i'm getting prepared then...since my new car at least got 'rally purposes'...but not for rallying..he he he..

then, i'll pm my contact number then...we can hangout at the best spectator view....

7. RS4wd

RS4wd Senior Member

guys, when is the rally day then?

8. extremeondirt

it's on the 19th - 21 this month...recce will be two dayz i heard..raceday on sat and sun..this is hell of a long rally..long ss..long transport stage..but competitor will surely keep on thing short...STAGE TIME..haha...blah blah.....APRC mar..hehe.. for more info...pls log on to www.malaysianrally.com c u there dude!!

cheers,
    daniel

9. RS4wd

RS4wd Senior Member

are they still rallying today and tomorrow at kota tinggi??

10. kancilburuk

darn...miss the opening ceremony and all stages...coz i must get my renovation job finish by monday...and this is the forst time, the opening ceremnony will be held at night...ala WRC...

but still manage to sneak out and attending the closing ceremony...saw some awsome rally machines...notice Toshi Arai's Gr.N Impreza...nice WRC spec rollcage...and cars too! :)

Kan Chee Hong (ex-Perodua works driver) also drive Evo 8 for Wan Yu Rally Team and both events (MRC and MR5)...2nd by Brian Green who switch Impreza's to Evo-8 for this round for the new team, Silverstone Rally Team. 3rd won by Rifat Sungkar and his 'ex-Karamjit' Evo-6.

man! too many Lancers for the event...only Arai with Scooby...but where's Saladin?

#10 kancilburuk, Aug 21, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  11. oyemakinen

oyemakinen Senior Member

saladin sudah balik awal laaa....he broke his car on ss1...start but never come out..typical of him..darn the rally would be more ooomph if he manage to stay on da road..a good battle would go on among all the front runners...

12. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Senior Member

I see from MRC website there were not that many competitors and yet so many DNF's! Where is rallying heading to? sigh......

13. racingmad

racingmad Senior Member

actually, saladin didnt go off the road, his center diff broke after about 8km. i pity the guy, cos he wud have given toshi a good run for his money. but the amount of dnf's was because the rally was really tough. there was no room for error.. if u made a small mistake u wud b in a ditch.. 5 cars were out after just the 1st stage.. i made it to the 6th stage but made a mistake and parked my car in a ditch.. more than 50% of the cars didnt make it to the finish..

14. kancilburuk

oic...that's why...pity for him...better luck next round...

kota tinggi ss are rough...some say rougher than kluang ss...

toshi now play for APRC huh? what happen to his WRC career??

15. extremeondirt

hmm...juz to make it clearer to avoid misleading of info...ARAI won Round 5 of the APRC-Malaysia..followed by and Kan Chee Hong/Benard Chin and Geof Argyle/Jane Black coming in third....

while for the MRC Round 5 ...1st-Kan Chee Hong/Benard Chin ,2nd-Rifat Sungkar/Anthony Sarwono and 3rd Goes to Dermott/Patrick Malley....

Brian Green has been rallying with Silverstone Rally Team in APRC for dunno how long adi..its not new.. brian and Kan Chee Hong together with Fan Fan is doing the china rally championship with Wan Yu Rally Team as well...

cheers,
    daniel

16. gary

gary Senior Member

i heard about the rally from ivan ng, too bad for you guys, as well as adrian who ended up in a ditch as well. somehow, i'm just glad i wasnt there, coz i can envision some broken drive shafts and me pushing the car through the mud again ;)

cheers.

17. taggnas

taggnas Senior Member

when you DNF in SS1 (8km only) itself it boils down to the preparation of the car! heard that Saladin started the rally with just rear diffs. that means the car was running a rear wheel drive. my agruement is, why bother racing with a car which is sick? pride, ego or stupidity?

surely, he wouldn't have given arai a run for him money by bringing a car which is sick!