Mrc05 @ Mr5

kancilburuk

Sep 27, 2004
Gekkostate
Anyone goin for the launch of MRC Rnd 5 @ MR5 this August...

Launch will be helded at Danga Bay, JB...(of course any SSO 1.5 competitor know the place)...and stages is set at the old SS near Kota Tinggi oil palm estate...

Let me know if anyone goin

Last edited:

kancilburuk

Sep 27, 2004
Gekkostate
i'm getting prepared then...since my new car at least got 'rally purposes'...but not for rallying..he he he..

then, i'll pm my contact number then...we can hangout at the best spectator view....

extremeondirt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Western Aus
RS4wd said:
guys, when is the rally day then?

it's on the 19th - 21 this month...recce will be two dayz i heard..raceday on sat and sun..this is hell of a long rally..long ss..long transport stage..but competitor will surely keep on thing short...STAGE TIME..haha...blah blah.....APRC mar..hehe.. for more info...pls log on to www.malaysianrally.com c u there dude!!

cheers,
daniel

RS4wd

Known Member
Dec 16, 2003
are they still rallying today and tomorrow at kota tinggi??

kancilburuk

Sep 27, 2004
Gekkostate
darn...miss the opening ceremony and all stages...coz i must get my renovation job finish by monday...and this is the forst time, the opening ceremnony will be held at night...ala WRC...

but still manage to sneak out and attending the closing ceremony...saw some awsome rally machines...notice Toshi Arai's Gr.N Impreza...nice WRC spec rollcage...and cars too! :)

Kan Chee Hong (ex-Perodua works driver) also drive Evo 8 for Wan Yu Rally Team and both events (MRC and MR5)...2nd by Brian Green who switch Impreza's to Evo-8 for this round for the new team, Silverstone Rally Team. 3rd won by Rifat Sungkar and his 'ex-Karamjit' Evo-6.

man! too many Lancers for the event...only Arai with Scooby...but where's Saladin?

Last edited:

oyemakinen

Known Member
Jul 22, 2004
saladin sudah balik awal laaa....he broke his car on ss1...start but never come out..typical of him..darn the rally would be more ooomph if he manage to stay on da road..a good battle would go on among all the front runners...

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
I see from MRC website there were not that many competitors and yet so many DNF's! Where is rallying heading to? sigh......

racingmad

Jan 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.james-russell.com
actually, saladin didnt go off the road, his center diff broke after about 8km. i pity the guy, cos he wud have given toshi a good run for his money. but the amount of dnf's was because the rally was really tough. there was no room for error.. if u made a small mistake u wud b in a ditch.. 5 cars were out after just the 1st stage.. i made it to the 6th stage but made a mistake and parked my car in a ditch.. more than 50% of the cars didnt make it to the finish..

kancilburuk

Sep 27, 2004
Gekkostate
oic...that's why...pity for him...better luck next round...

kota tinggi ss are rough...some say rougher than kluang ss...

toshi now play for APRC huh? what happen to his WRC career??

extremeondirt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Western Aus
kancilburuk said:
Kan Chee Hong (ex-Perodua works driver) also drive Evo 8 for Wan Yu Rally Team and both events (MRC and MR5)...2nd by Brian Green who switch Impreza's to Evo-8 for this round for the new team, Silverstone Rally Team. 3rd won by Rifat Sungkar and his 'ex-Karamjit' Evo-6.

man! too many Lancers for the event...only Arai with Scooby...but where's Saladin?

hmm...juz to make it clearer to avoid misleading of info...ARAI won Round 5 of the APRC-Malaysia..followed by and Kan Chee Hong/Benard Chin and Geof Argyle/Jane Black coming in third....

while for the MRC Round 5 ...1st-Kan Chee Hong/Benard Chin ,2nd-Rifat Sungkar/Anthony Sarwono and 3rd Goes to Dermott/Patrick Malley....

Brian Green has been rallying with Silverstone Rally Team in APRC for dunno how long adi..its not new.. brian and Kan Chee Hong together with Fan Fan is doing the china rally championship with Wan Yu Rally Team as well...

cheers,
daniel

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car: my stock Honda Accord CF0 /S84

Floating feel. Really miss the EG ride feel.
Someone recommend change to sport spring only. Keep the stock absorber.
I am in low budget mode now, any suggestions from bros here?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience