Misubishi Evo 7, 8, 9 to Evo X conversion anyone?

andrew ewe

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
Ummm...I'm sorry but the word "creative" suggests that the owner did something new and fresh. How is copying/mimicking the Evo X creative?

BTW, people here seem to have problems with negative comments. Having something critical to say doesn't mean someone is inherently being nasty or "shallow" or dissing. It is called having a different opinion.

Taste is a subjective thing, and if someone tries to do something different to his ride, its bound to generate different views. Some like it, some don't. You just have to live with that.

"Poser" may be harsh, but only if I'm accusing the owner, which I'm not. I was still talking about the car, which in my opinion, is basically just a "Not Evo X" trying to be an Evo X (hence a wannabe car). It's fundamentally the same as a BMW 318i with M3 badges on it.

Now before, somebody else blows a vein in anger, at no point have I told anybody what to do with their money nor say that this conversion is a pathetic effort. So if someone decides to respond to this, please keep it in context.
Haha it is not so much creative really, my bad! but it really is still something new and fresh. You say it's subjective and so it is. I never told anyone this is to been seen objectively. Dude wanted something fresh and creative =) haha.. Like I said earlier the Evo 789 = same shit for wut 6 years now? Furthermore, I never said that people are not entitled to their comments. This is a forum and comments are welcomed which is why I said it was a job well done, nothing more just that what you had to say was unfair. If you say the job was shabby or the outcome is ugly, then you have a more solid opinion. Wannabe is not an opinion. It's a shallow way of putting someone or something down.

Mimicking/copying the Evo X is wannabe? Look, you may think it's not a shallow comment but alot of people out here are already being hard on your reply to this forum. Look at it from their perspective.. It does tell you something doesn't it? It is shallow. The way you put it did come across as harsh.

So yes it is a "Not Evo X that looks like a Evo X" to an extent. You say the ride is a wannabe and that makes the owner? A non-wannabe owner who chose to make his car a wannabe?

I don't want to have to reiterate what I said about the whole wannabe thing however.. Fundamentally, yes I'd agree but only to a degree. This is a different story. M3 and 318i's are on the roads-they exist hand in hand, the M3 badges are to fool(somehow lol). This Evo is not quite the same. The Evo X is not on the road yet, how do you fool someone with such a mod? He might have/probably did it out of his passion for modding. It doesn't FUNDAMENTALLY mean it's a wannabe mod man. Just to make it clear, I'm just letting you know that it's not fair to call it wannabe. At the end of the day he may be one BUT you and I don't know that.

Like I said before. Clean and great job. I like the idea? Not really cuz I still prefer the 789 variant.

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
Hahah... Good one... Like the body work, mini evoX actually.. But only the headlamp, I think change it would be better! :proud::proud:
Far better than Waja/Wira turn to evoX :banghead::banghead::banghead:

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
ek..ugly abit lerr..

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
i prefer to maintain the original looks and will go for varis if have budget :love:

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
I prefer the ori B/kit looks better... my 2 cent opinion

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sports cars like the BMW M3 or the Porsche 911 had been designed with speed and performance in mind, so their entire structure had the characteristics of a fast-going machine; a powerful engine, stiffened suspension and a low center of gravity. So it is not a surprise to see their kind blasting around the Nordschleife at great speeds without a hitch.

But what if one were to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience