KL traffic's a nightmare

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
For all the jams and rush hour, personally I think KL drivers are not too bad in terms civic mindedness. You get a lane squeeze here and there but for the most part, its part of the KL landscape and people mostly don't get mad or pushy.
Where is this place? Have never seen/experienced THAT part of KL before..

:biggrin:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
For all the jams and rush hour, personally I think KL drivers are not too bad in terms civic mindedness. You get a lane squeeze here and there but for the most part, its part of the KL landscape and people mostly don't get mad or pushy.

Penang drivers on the other hand.......well, you can't be too polite in Penang. Hokkein mentality.
Yesterday I fetched my China counterpart. He commented that there are more cars than people in Malaysia. Drivers are traffic rule-abiding not like in China. (Ironically I was doing 160 when he passed the comment).:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yesterday I fetched my China counterpart. He commented that there are more cars than people in Malaysia. Drivers are traffic rule-abiding not like in China. (Ironically I was doing 160 when he passed the comment).:biggrin:
He thought he was on the Autobahn in Germany.......

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Try Thailand for a spin..it is worse than KL...but the chicks are nice la.....I mean chicken green curry :rofl:
The only reason the chicks turn green, cuz u choked her bro :rofl:

But KL JAM IS INDEED A NIGHTMARE!

Anyway, try observing...a lot of samseng on bikes nowadays...not the 1st time I see
some motorcyclist wanting to kick cars with their legs...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Try Thailand for a spin..it is worse than KL...but the chicks are nice la.....I mean chicken green curry :rofl:
You seems to be BKK kaki also.....hahahahaha:biggrin:
BKK traffic is real nightmare woh! but their Skytrain and MRT are superb.....Use it every time I am there....No jam.....:driver:

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009

Anyway, try observing...a lot of samseng on bikes nowadays...not the 1st time I see
Because that kind of driver is also think that the road is bapak depa yg punya...

I used to following correct rule of motorcycling in Malaysia when I got my license back in 2007......getting with all the car in traffic jam & queuing together.But all the lanc4u car honking at me like no end so I just ended up with cutting lane like most of motorcyclist do normally...

& some of the c1bai one would not only thinking they're also as nimble & small like those bike(but driving a car) but also ciloking' dangerously like a real' bike!No wonder this kind of people need to get some kick-ass' stamp' on their car as reminder hahaah.:thefinger:

But there also a different kind of "face-&-game" when you driving a different car.When I going out with my NSX....holy crap all the civic,BLM,Perdana suddenly getting very close on my back everytime I tried my best to keep a safe distance from them (But most of them Civic group with loud exhaust system) & sometime it can be very close call' but so far luckily there is no bang-on-the back happened on my ride(Thanks to super big & long rear light hahahaha....brightly litted red colour on the back everytime I press the brake! )

& that reason alone I would be much comfortable now to either ride a bike or going out(if needed) with car like Viva or my trusty 1.3 Saga.....even if accident also no one pity,& it does not attract an attention that would make some car driver have a "PHD" problem when their loved one starring on my flashy' ride too much.....:biggrin:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
BKK traffic is real nightmare woh! but their Skytrain and MRT are superb.....Use it every time I am there....No jam.....:driver:
Apparently, you two are bkk legs, from Malaysia artillery regiment :rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I had been to BKK twice only la boss...and twice also with gf...so dont let your mind produces imaginary stuffs hahahahahaha

It is indeed a nice place to go. Nice food (except KFC), nice shopping place and nice massage haha..

But their tuk tuk is kinda dangerous..although it gets you from point A to point B within the city very fast..like a tuk-rempit

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I actually agree that in general KL/Selangor drivers are not that bad. I'm saying this cuz I've experienced a lot worse than KL (Jakarta where I come from, & Mumbai for example). Trust me, if you have stayed in Jakarta for some time, you will be very glad when you come back to KL!

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Yeah Bangkok is pretty bad too, but again still cannot beat Jakarta! :)

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Nah, KL jam is mostly still like 'kiddie jam' compared to Jakarta! :biggrin:
Bikes there also like a swarm of flies all over your car!

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
got one time,morning...this was my mistake jugak la...gatal2 drove in the morning,weekdays summore... brickfield 7.02am - ampang 9.45am. nice.verrrrryyyyy nice... :banghead:
You can try head straight from Brickfield to Prolintas Highway but you need to pay toll, it will lead straight to the heart of Ampang and cut thru all the traffic light area.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Because that kind of driver is also think that the road is bapak depa yg punya...

I used to following correct rule of motorcycling in Malaysia when I got my license back in 2007......getting with all the car in traffic jam & queuing together.But all the lanc4u car honking at me like no end so I just ended up with cutting lane like most of motorcyclist do normally...

& some of the c1bai one would not only thinking they're also as nimble & small like those bike(but driving a car) but also ciloking' dangerously like a real' bike!No wonder this kind of people need to get some kick-ass' stamp' on their car as reminder hahaah.:thefinger:

But there also a different kind of "face-&-game" when you driving a different car.When I going out with my NSX....holy crap all the civic,BLM,Perdana suddenly getting very close on my back everytime I tried my best to keep a safe distance from them (But most of them Civic group with loud exhaust system) & sometime it can be very close call' but so far luckily there is no bang-on-the back happened on my ride(Thanks to super big & long rear light hahahaha....brightly litted red colour on the back everytime I press the brake! )

& that reason alone I would be much comfortable now to either ride a bike or going out(if needed) with car like Viva or my trusty 1.3 Saga.....even if accident also no one pity,& it does not attract an attention that would make some car driver have a "PHD" problem when their loved one starring on my flashy' ride too much.....:biggrin:
Wow..nice ride you have there NSX...but still I find that, there is no need for such act. If the bikers
were to encounter an aggressive person after you kick their car, god knows what will happen...

Just no point in educating either people on bike or driving a car...let them learn the lesson the hard way...

(people stick close to your back, to snap a photo of your car ma :rofl: )

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Talking about BKK and Jakarta, just back from Bali. That place traffic Jam also really bad. Was like 6 to 7 hours a day on the road for the 3 days there. Even in front of the Hotel, the jam is there until 2 to 3 am......

farahzimbabe

Sep 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
LOL

what can i say here just if you drive at klang valley make sure your drive auto car.. or then u'll know the pain..

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

You can try head straight from Brickfield to Prolintas Highway but you need to pay toll, it will lead straight to the heart of Ampang and cut thru all the traffic light area.
thats a good idea when u you know the short cut.. hehe

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

yeah..me too.. i think im kidda wanna put some knife at my mirror.. :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody knows how to increase speed without transplant engine? engine 1.3 only. i want 1.3 engine cecah 180km/j macam mana mau bikin?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience