Interior Flooded Rescued By Muyo: Epic Reconditioning

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good day,

a friend of mine called me up ask me to detail his brother's car. unfortunately i heard a bad news from him, the car interior was fully flooded badly due to heavy rain at Bedok Reservoir Street @ Singapore. the only thing his brother can do is use a cup to scoop up the water and dry it with a cloth. however when he deliver the car to me after 2 weeks time when the incident happened, i still find the carpet is wet and the underneath carpet's fiber are full of dirty water (air longkang) and imagine it has been there for 2 weeks? the interior definitely have a strong odor smell which i cant tolerate.

Some news from STOMP - STOMP - Singapore Seen - Heavy rain leads to floods in eastern region of S'pore

all the way from Singapore

check this out, water beading comes from the carpet

nope, its actually flooded. dirty water aka longkang stain all over the carpet

major surgery begin, using the right tools to take out the seat

tadaa!

the front seats and console taken out

the back seats too

after every necessary parts been removed, its time to check out whats inside.

luckily didnt find any fish/frog inside

more

and more

mini swimming pool?

metal rusted only in 2 weeks!

carpet take out for a wash

clean all the dirty water from the fiber

how to clean?

OPC to clean

50/50

after

close up shot

move to clean all the console/plastic part

using 1 product to clean all the way, the Optimum Power Clean

turn this

to this

how? just simply dilute OPC to suit your needs and start brushing.

the interior metal parts are also clean and dusted

after the cleaning/drying done, its time to install every parts include the carpet.

better than new?

carpet cleaning process

-rinse down
-OPC diluted 1:2
-brush gently
-rinse down
-took 1 day to dry
-used Febreze to kill odor smell

interior
-quick wipe down with Opti-Clean
-protected with Leather Protectant

4 products to finish this job, time spent 7hours w/o drying

thanks for reading.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nicely done!

I would've sanded down the rusty bits and sprayed it with some protective paint though. My old Kelisa was flooded like that and took me a day to dry it up like you have. I sanded the rusty bits and sprayed it black and it was the pedals that rusted in my case.

I can't believe there was a huge puddle of water after 2 weeks though, the stench must've been horrible! Imagine driving down from Singapore with that smell!

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
nice & clean job....salute!

bro,
how bout those joints that starts to rust and did you check yr fuel tank, gearbox oil sump & engine oil sump....might mixed with water.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
:adore::adore::adore:

Speechless.......

:top:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
The recent kajang flood need many interior detailing...

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
nice & clean job....salute!

bro,
how bout those joints that starts to rust and did you check yr fuel tank, gearbox oil sump & engine oil sump....might mixed with water.
hi bro! i didnt check those parts hehe! cause my job is to restore as a detailer, didnt care much about the electronic parts wiring/ecu. i think the owner get the foreman to check it. if those parts kena water d how ar? :smokin:

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

The recent kajang flood need many interior detailing...
ya ke? you want to join with me? charity marh :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Nicely done!

I would've sanded down the rusty bits and sprayed it with some protective paint though. My old Kelisa was flooded like that and took me a day to dry it up like you have. I sanded the rusty bits and sprayed it black and it was the pedals that rusted in my case.

I can't believe there was a huge puddle of water after 2 weeks though, the stench must've been horrible! Imagine driving down from Singapore with that smell!
WOW! you just thought me a new idea, will remember if got chance to do another one. yalaa, i also dont know how he can tahan in the car for 4 hours ++

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

thanks seech, eric and arrowhead for your kind words! :biggrin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
wow remove seats edi. level up~~

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I don't know what to say... You even removed the seats and carpets? This is royal level of service already... Take detailing to a whole new level... bravo bravo! I wouldn't have the guts to do this kind of thing for fear that I cannot fit and clip back all the fittings together. CAr's interior assembly can be a b*tch sometimes...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
hi muyo,

if those parts "kena" water...many problem will comeby soon (imagine water mix with oil & petrol)...but since the owner just wanna clean the car...u need not worry...:)

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Simple amazing

Your work lead far way above all others can offer....your effort & heart work....display in love to its detail & the level of sacrifice to get some thing right....the owner is so blessed to found you

SPEECHLESSLY YOURS
Kc

u da man

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wow remove seats edi. level up~~
thanks josh! didnt level up la.. explroing new stuff :D

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Simple amazing

Your work lead far way above all others can offer....your effort & heart work....display in love to its detail & the level of sacrifice to get some thing right....the owner is so blessed to found you

SPEECHLESSLY YOURS
Kc

u da man
thanks KC! is because you have thought me how important is "passion" is, the real meaning behind have lead me far away. thanks again!

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

I don't know what to say... You even removed the seats and carpets? This is royal level of service already... Take detailing to a whole new level... bravo bravo! I wouldn't have the guts to do this kind of thing for fear that I cannot fit and clip back all the fittings together. CAr's interior assembly can be a b*tch sometimes...
thanks veloc, i actually took some time to learn how to remove it. but its not as hard as you think but for german cars, you need a special tools to remove the cover and seats. i have detail a few golfs, all the screw are specially made, need to get another tools to take off some parts. japan's car is far more easy.. hehe, at least have gain some experience :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all...

Can anyone help me?
What is the best way of maintaining a car?
I mean, how long once, to change engine oil...
How long once, to change oil filter etc etc...
Alignment of the car etc etc...

Thanks!

B)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience