HPC Next: Pasir Gudang December 9th 2006

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
julianpang said:
Too bad I din get a chance to sit in the MME Gen2 driven by Adian. I love the way he threw the car into the corners.
That was Faidzil Alang. He was the one "trail brake oversteering" into the turns, exiting all sideways.

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
faisal said:
That was Faidzil Alang. He was the one "trail brake oversteering" into the turns, exiting all sideways.
Ahaaaa...... That was Faidzil. I would love to ride with him on the next track day. The "trail brake oversteering", smoking the rear inner wheel into the corner and exiting sideways really scared the crap out of me following close behind him.

I thought he overcooked it and loosing it and I kept a distance after that. After a few corners following behind him, I found out that he was in fact very much well in control. I guess his driving style can be a "tactic" against the rivals.

Adian also have his distinctive way of driving that day. He loves to throw the car into the corner but minus locking the rear inner wheel and exiting sideways. I was following him when he was driving Mioku's black Wira.

Apart from that, I didnt get a chance to follow the MME Waja and R3 Satria Neo to learn their lines. BTW, who was driving the Neo?

Last edited:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
There was no R3 Satria Neo. That was a HPC participant with a std NEO and R3-lookalike stripes

Only The Waja MME and GEN.2 MME edition were driven by R3 personel for Taxi rides.

Last edited:

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
alexklg said:
hehehe... i am driving the R3 Neo-wannabe.. just a std 1.6 neo... ;) I think i need to learn from you rather than the other way around. ;)

Ohhhh..... That was you.

You had me fooled, I thought it was the real R3 Neo from R3. ..... hahahahah....

Btw... nice ride.

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
WAHAHHAHAHHAHAa.... THAT's me lah.... hehehe.... ;)

the mythellogy shirt... hehehehe.... nice meeting you bro... :) Hope the next event can meet u again and learn stuff from you. ;)

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
alexklg said:
WAHAHHAHAHHAHAa.... THAT's me lah.... hehehe.... ;)

the mythellogy shirt... hehehehe.... nice meeting you bro... :) Hope the next event can meet u again and learn stuff from you. ;)
Hahahahaha..... You want to learn from me? Not sure if it is a good idea coz HPC Pasir Gudang was my very first track outing and I have not even driven in Sepang b4. If you remember the white EK9 next to my pit, thats the guy we all should be learning from. He is Hammond Lai who drove in 2006 MME in the R3 Waja and got 3rd placing. He thought me the basics of track racing. He is the real sifu for balls out track driving.

Din know you were driving the Neo. I remember you came to my pit and intro yourself. Nice to meet you.

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
yeap. ;) nice to meet you too..

oh. icicic... my instructor was pretty good too... one of the HPC instructor.. his name is Fauzi... incredible skills while i sat in his track saga... my god... he is basically throwing his car into the corners man... wish i could meet up with him more often to learn more...

Hammond Lai kah? he is one of the drivers for the Taxi rides?

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
alexklg said:
yeap. ;) nice to meet you too..

oh. icicic... my instructor was pretty good too... one of the HPC instructor.. his name is Fauzi... incredible skills while i sat in his track saga... my god... he is basically throwing his car into the corners man... wish i could meet up with him more often to learn more...

Hammond Lai kah? he is one of the drivers for the Taxi rides?
Nope.... He was not one of the drivers for taxi ride. He was like me and you taking his own car whacking the track balls out.

I think he can be a good instructor.

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
alexklg said:
icicic... well, really hope to meet up with you again to share knowledge and to hang out... :)

Did you get to sit in the taxi rides?
No.... I didnt get a chance to ride in the "taxis" bcoz I was too busy going out on the track. The Q was too long and by the time it is my turn, I was already on the track.

Giving me track time is like giving a kid candy.... hahahahhahaa.

I think I was on the track for too long. Now my brakes are spongy and I destroyed my fairly new Eagle F1 but it was all worth it. I will learn more on car "preservation" and be fast at the same time on my next track outing.

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
I only went out twice. 5-6 laps each session. other time was busy taking photos and getting rides in the track saga and lotus... hehhee....

anywayz, i went back to the track the next day(sunday). drove my friend's evo3 with my friend sitting beside me... he said that i was crazy... i told him, you should sit in one of the R3 driver's car... then you'll know what is scary.. hahaha..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What better way to start a new year than with the world’s most gruelling rally that covers over 9,500km and stretches 13 stages? That’s just how the 2011 motorsports calendar has booted up with the 2011 Dakar Rally.

It’s still early in the rally with only two stages covered so far but even then, a familiar face is already leading the timesheets...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience