Government sets new Euro II standard for fuel

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
We might see another fuel hike soon, or we might not, but whatever happens, ultimately we are going to get better quality fuel in this country. The government has amended regulations with fuel, and by the end of March 2007, sulphur content in diesel will go down from 0.3 percent to 0.05 percent, and for petrol, it will go down from 0.15 percent to 0.05 percent. All oil companies in Malaysia will have to adhere to the new standards. This also means we might be seeing a new price of RM1.96 per liter for petrol and RM1.62 per liter for diesel by the end of March 2007, as the extra refinery process is expected to cost an additional 3 or 4 cents more per liter of fuel.

We’re finally moving to Euro II, from the current MS123 diesel and MS118 petrol standards. Euro II, or EC96, limits car emissions to 7 g/km of NOX and 0.15 g/km of PM (Particle Matter). European Union countries put Euro II into effect back in 1995, more than 10 years ago, and it was phased out with a new Euro III standard in 1999. Europe moved to Euro IV in 2005, and diesel trucks will have to comply with a new Euro V standard in 2008.

So, everyone hold your breath for 31st March 2007. We might be seeing another fuel price hike. But in return, we’ll get a cleaner environment with less hazardous pollutants!

:shocked:

Source :
http://paultan.org/archives/2007/02/15/gov...ndard-for-fuel/

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Im all for better fuel, even if it costs a bit more.

Ever stood beside a congested road? :biggrin:

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
as long as the new fuel is as clean as advertised, I think that's perfectly reasonable.

Lets see, engine damage in newer direct injection engines, or pay a little more for fuel. What a choice.

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
gov dont want to reduce the fuel price n now they are tryin to create another thing to increase de price abit...sigh.. how do we noe whether de fuel is it better quality or ? same?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
evrywhere have to adhere to the standards edi ma...so the price hike for better fuel makes more sense than evry year go up with no solid reason

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
but that pretty much shows that europe is using euro 4 standard already.. we're like 10 years behind!!..

hmm...

10 years only? that doesn't sounded so bad eh? i thought we're still in stone age...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
yeah, pak lah's target is RM2.00 per litre. a little bit more to go....

if the G really want to reduce emission

1. scrap all cars without EFI. either scrap or send to 3rd world countries like...

mongolia, sri lanka, somalia...ha ha ha..

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
those lorry who releases those dark dark gasses shud be banned la.. but see.. those lorry still here wo..

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Just another bullshit. We will never know whether the fuel is adhering to Euro II standards or not. Yet another bullshit is that with the current price we're already paying today, it should have already been Euro II so I don't see any dumb arse reason why the fuel price should be hiked. When the oil price per barrel has reduced, I don't see the selfish greedy char siew infested govt reduce the petrol price according to the price per barrel. So to me, 95% of what the govt decides these days are plain bullshit. Or should I say tahi kerbau.

szekeiemme,
They won't ban those big vehicles with black exhaust fumes. Simply because behind the scene, bribes have been given to the authorities not to ban `em. What they should do is ban those dumb arse large vehicle drivers especially those express busses. Stupid bastards always drive so fast and switching lanes as if they own the roads. And if those vehicles come into the fast lane, they should be shot in the head.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Last edited:

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
If the petrol price drop now, our economy will drop becos less spending...... So when Petronas profits drops, GLC overall performance will crush to hell....... Market shares will drop too...... Then Gomen will be blamed for those incidents..... Then election will be troublesome for them....... Overall what Badawi did is really calculated in depth, he's SMART.....

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
if we really wanna know if the fuel is up to standard just send the fuel to the lab.. i don't think it would cost that much.. if its not up to standard send the results to newspapers and lets make a big huhar!!

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Lennon...

seriously if oil price drop.... i would like to fill a lot of oil.. and do travels frequently.. not to mention rev kau kau....

i can do lot pf things with cheap petrol...so do others...

in the end.. i will come to petrol station like always..dun worry.. economy wont drop...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day,

Another Opti-Coated BMW F10 520i since months back, this car condition is good. No major correction were carry out during preparation. Somehow, there is bird poop etched on the hood i didnt manage to remove cause its too deep. Without sacrificing too much of clear coat, i didnt go any further. Other panels such as doors, roof, rear bonnet were polished and finished with OHP. Finishing was done with Flex that i borrowed from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience