Driven: The new Proton Inspira 1.8 manual

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
how u know it was lotus n not proton that develop the suspension system?
even so, proton bought lotus few years back edy, so,,,in the family maaa...
or still tak bole jugak....then just bash la..no matter what..
that guy just a plain basher who doesnt care bout proton haha..he did said proton will never know how to build an engine and a complete car by itself which he doesnt know that the campro already on our road for almost 5 years, and some models are done by proton itselt i.e neo

inspira handling was tuned by proton not lotus anymore

http://www.trafficmagonline.com/driven-proton-inspira-ready-to-brawl/

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Yes, the Proton team is trained by Mitsubishi on how to build the Inspira, in fact a number of ex-Mitsubishi personnel are now working with Proton on the Inspira and future projects. So in actual fact, the Inspira is not just a rebadge program, its part of a grand master plan to take Proton up to an entirely new level. Think about it, the Inspira has already set quite a high standard for a Proton; every other model that will come next has to be equivalent in every aspect if not better. A shot in the foot? I don’t think so; it’s more of an inspired idea to introduce Proton as a force to be reckoned with, and it all starts with the Inspira.
This is good when that is Proton's ultimate goal. At least they are not moving backwards while trying to save some money..

My take on this car is if the car is good, the car is good. :)

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
ppl bash not coz of inspira but proton attitude. there is sumting we muz force gov to change. y u need work hard plus cannot havea enjoy shiting time to buy a evo x wannabe if gov remote skyhigh tax? from what u say, i noe u r typical of `boleh buat ape? juz accept lol`.feel sorri to u to become a evo wannabe.
ps: u acctually paying double of profit when u buy inspira, 1 go to MMC, 1 go to proton! time to change, dun silly work until no time pang sai!!!

why u noe inspira handling better than GT?so u own lancer GT? u have drive lancer GT?

i guess you dont understand a thing that i said in a BIG PICTURE. people buy 2nd hand civic to convert into EK9 la EG9 la FD2R la. why? because we love to customize. ZTH exist in the first place because of this. Proton wira into wiralution la saga into sagalution la. corolla into SEG 20V la....the list is endless.

why i buy? because i can use the money i saved from buying the real deal into something that i can customize, the way i like it.

and i believe i speak on behalf of most of the old skool old timer ZTH members here. it's just another evolution for proton fanatics. Current Wira and Saga/iswaran owners need a new platform to move forward.

Same as Honda fanatics. EK EG Chassis are seriously obselete. FD chassis is their evolution.

Toyota Fans...er...hahah sorry guys i did not study this. After AE111 i believe they do have some other chassis to evolve.

and i believe you are not a genuine member of ZTH. why i said so? because you do not believe in customization. think of it this way. Honda. why people rush to get halfcuts to convert their cars into Type-R la ViRS la VTEC la?

govt is not the main issue here. i dont care if you vote for them or not. i run a retail business. my business runs 365 days a year and it does not matter who runs the govt because i dont benefit from them. i just make money from consumers, not getting spoonfed by projects courtesy of govt. money talks, bullshit walks. so continue bashing them or overturn the govt for all i care. my business have to continue.

stop bashing. if you drive a converted car, you are calling yourself black. pot and kettle scenario.

My SAGA now very slow lah compared to all the monsters out there. That's why i said i need to retire the old yellow junk and get a new project car to entertain myself.

aiyah...in the end...if you all got time to bash here please donate your time to me. i really need to pangsai la.... :sleep:

Last edited:

Ray0611

Jun 4, 2007
after this inspira come out....many arguing in forum.....have a two side view.....what u pay is what u get? poeple who buy inspira just slightly cheaper abit because their is paying more interest at 4% while mitsu is only 3% there is a 1% different.....

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
some times i think...
Proton rebadge Mitsubishi, proton copied.
Mitsubishi rebadge proton, i think people also will think, proton copied.

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
each country have different ruling, environment, etc.
we cannot compare directly each country.
if u like a country so much, just migrate there..
our petrol price might be high compared to other country exporting oil but did u do ur homework on the countries?
petrol cheap but price of food or daily needs? they are expensive.
is goes round again, expensive petrol=subsidies on foods, cheap petrol=no subsidies..
its not easy to compare country=country, not like u are comparing apple=apple, it's like comparing apple=orange.

price= yes proton is cheap compared to others in same category what..
QC= even honda, toyota, nissan, GM, etc recalled their vehicles (even calling back now for cars manufactured in 2004) what quality?
creativity= persona, satria neo (altho a bit short in height) are nice looking.
handling= now done by proton alredy, no more handling-by-lotus as our engineers have the skill and experience alredy.

to design-manufacture a model of a car requires no less than RM700million.
if they can save it by doing collaboration, why not?<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->
don simply ask ppl to migrate if they don like or accept single matter tat happen here, wat mentality is tat???
m not professor.know.it.all n i don think u could probably is, dis a public forum n i could say or tell watever in my thinking, do i need to do homework n reaserch for all the statement i posted?
ofcouse, u cant cant compare country to country, some r oil.exporter, some have better value in their foreign exchange,
Singapore has no subsidy fuel for their user, but their food is even cheaper than us, if u make ur living there of course, then u could say their value of money is higher, n so is umcomparable... but u don forget, its a very common thing for a country to subsidy fuel if the country is a petrol.exporter.country.

price , even proton amitted their price is high n given an excuse becos their product couldn't have good sales in worldwide, thus they need better profit over local sales.
QC , don need to run a survey n collect feedback from user n prove it to u i suppose.
creativivity, okla, i agree on dis neo,new saga,gen2 n personal is acceptable.
handling, u can buy 10 Brazil player n change their citizenship n call it malaysia team, but i know whoes work at behind.

no doubt rebadge is a wise decission for proton by now, becos their result had told them if they make a new sedan might not compete with foreign brand which selling below 100k.
in business they do the right thing, but in auto industry, Proton branding is one step backward.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
no doubt rebadge is a wise decission for proton by now, becos their result had told them if they make a new sedan might not compete with foreign brand which selling below 100k. in business they do the right thing, but in auto industry, Proton branding is one step backward.
fair enough sir, but what is mitsu doing pulak rebadging proton as their own? two steps backwards?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
don simply ask ppl to migrate if they don like or accept single matter tat happen here, wat mentality is tat???
m not professor.know.it.all n i don think u could probably is, dis a public forum n i could say or tell watever in my thinking, do i need to do homework n reaserch for all the statement i posted?
ofcouse, u cant cant compare country to country, some r oil.exporter, some have better value in their foreign exchange,
Singapore has no subsidy fuel for their user, but their food is even cheaper than us, if u make ur living there of course, then u could say their value of money is higher, n so is umcomparable... but u don forget, its a very common thing for a country to subsidy fuel if the country is a petrol.exporter.country.

price , even proton amitted their price is high n given an excuse becos their product couldn't have good sales in worldwide, thus they need better profit over local sales.
QC , don need to run a survey n collect feedback from user n prove it to u i suppose.
creativivity, okla, i agree on dis neo,new saga,gen2 n personal is acceptable.
handling, u can buy 10 Brazil player n change their citizenship n call it malaysia team, but i know whoes work at behind.

no doubt rebadge is a wise decission for proton by now, becos their result had told them if they make a new sedan might not compete with foreign brand which selling below 100k.
in business they do the right thing, but in auto industry, Proton branding is one step backward.

True true... Don't ask people to migrate just because they are unsatisfied with certain things. Malaysia is a good country. We love our country but doesn't mean that we love the way the government does things. One of the ways we can do to help is by expressing our feelings. Now people here are just expression in a healthy way. Not in a bloody violent way. Why ask people to migrate? That is just plain shallow.

In the same way, sometimes if you have a part of your body that refuses to stand up when you need to use it, just cut it off lah... If this is your way of solving things....

and yes... People are not bashing proton because of inspira. But because of their attitude all along. It is just normal all humans who used and experienced proton before. As the rakyat, we feel cheated. Now it is normal if the rakyat feels this way. If proton is really going to do some "REAL" change this time, they will have to prove it to us. That is just the fair and proper price to pay for fooling the rakyat for so long... I don't see anything wrong with that.

Damn I hate to be right... :adore::proud:

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
that guy just a plain basher who doesnt care bout proton haha..he did said proton will never know how to build an engine and a complete car by itself which he doesnt know that the campro already on our road for almost 5 years, and some models are done by proton itselt i.e neo

inspira handling was tuned by proton not lotus anymore
u can call me typical basher... its allright... i just share my thought anyway...
n u can forever think u r fcking proud of proton becos they could build car compare to those who cant... they have the tech from LOTUS n impress Jap somemore... it doesnt bother me also... :)

back in 2003 when campro engine was first introduce, many unofficial news i heard dis engine originally was from RENAULT, i cant prove to u of couse n u can tell me check wiki or other site which stated campro is local created...
i doubt so... it could be p bought the engine block from RENAULT, n recreate the valve cover, valve, cam lifting, piston, crankshaft, con rod, ecu n etc... i donno where the info from, but back in tat time ppl claim dis the way campro existed.

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
u can call me typical basher... its allright... i just share my thought anyway...
n u can forever think u r fcking proud of proton becos they could build car compare to those who cant... they have the tech from LOTUS n impress Jap somemore... it doesnt bother me also... :)

back in 2003 when campro engine was first introduce, many unofficial news i heard dis engine originally was from RENAULT, i cant prove to u of couse n u can tell me check wiki or other site which stated campro is local created...
i doubt so... it could be p bought the engine block from RENAULT, n recreate the valve cover, valve, cam lifting, piston, crankshaft, con rod, ecu n etc... i donno where the info from, but back in tat time ppl claim dis the way campro existed.
this time u sound like not typical basher but anti proton lol..but its ok....we still can give our POV here..... u anti proton..i pro proton huhu:proud:

Last edited:

advangt

Oct 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
which country using taxpayers money to start a car manufacturer?
so now u pls tell me wats the good living here over SG? whack ppl don need to be jailed?
u using ppl money failed in a business, n u demand everyone to shut the fck up?
don under y u ever want drag Sg into dis, Sg is one of the TOP 3 COUNTRY of WHOLE WORLD, ppl who wanted to migrate to...
u think all car manufacturers start with their own company money ka?aiyoo..
my sister was a sg pr because she married with a sg person and i know how's the living expenses there.everyday need to struggle living and compete with each others there.maybe if u got time can take a look here www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Singapore&country2=Malaysia
i don't understand why u said using people money and failed ? whois failing?proton?u don't seems getting the right picture about what's proton are doing do u?because u're a negative minded person i think. p1 also pay tax .every person /company related to proton also pay tax u know.

if u wan to talk about subsidies then lot can be talk dy... better not go too far...
where is the money they made from PETRONAS? once i heard our country petro price is the most expensive, among those country which doing same like us exporting oil...
yes..there's alot that can be talk about subsidies and u can find urself if u want and i don't think u want to know because there's nothing benefit it (subsidies) to u i suppose.where's the money made from PETRONAS? u can call the person in charge with it.don't shy-shy or afraid to ask them .
we're talking about inspira and i don't want to discuss about other not related thread here.i'm not the person who incharge of managing the country.maybe u should be one of them...:proud:

pakram

Known Member
May 11, 2009
Lancer guys.. dont be angry & worry. Buying a car is not gain our money.. Lancer GT still got their own 2nd hand market price, but slightly lower than we aspect before. But nevermine, after 5 year your car value will be maintained slowly decrease becoz of inspira (2nd hand market demands)... Futhermore you will find your car maintenance coz will become lower than before.. Is't right?...

Others ppl... Other cars between this price range or its class will compete some more... Maybe they will put on more discount... yehaa..

Everybody got benefits.. Is't was not a good idea?

Come on... be hepi everybody..!!:party:

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
u tell me which car company start with taxpayers money. don aiyoo.
10/10 ppl i knew who r malaysian lived in Sg now get better life. reason, they pay lesser for everything, cheaper food, cheaper cloth, cheaper entertainment.
yes, proton is doing bad n not better comparing to kia, hyundai, honda, Suzuki, toyota, nissan, mitsubishi, vw, fiat, alfa romeo, chevrolet, peugeot, bmw, benz.
u wan to tell me proton r so successful comparing to those country which don have their own car manufacturer?:stupid: compare with competitor la dude.
for fck u reminding me cendol shop business also pay tax ar.
ur link is rrreeeaaalllyyy a joke, 'Meal in Sg, Inexpensive Restaurant 8.34 $' the first line can stop me going through the rest dy... omg, i cant believe u post dis link.
don tell me black n white proof or ask dis n that lar, cut the crap.

if u cant accept the fact of losing in a competition, don compete.
ppl compete to get themself better n better, not lose already telling ppl atleast i qualify to be in the competition.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
im sorry if anyone is offended. i dont mean for anyone to migrate. its just a matter of saying.
seems like some ppl when comparing malaysia to other country, its like the other country is god-like.
its my POV.

and why people are still comparing Proton with manufacturers that have been on the scene for more than 50 years? Proton still a new kid on the block la. 25 years.
what Proton are achieving rite now is very good compared to what other new-kid-on-the-block are achieving.

almost half of the manufacturer u mentioned up there have collaboration, platform-sharing, engine-sharing.
so what is wrong with this Proton-Mitsu OEM collaboration?

Last edited:

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
The demographic is there, a few old timers ie. Miton, Tom etc etc whom i have seen from the day ZTH was born i can relate to back in our days we cant afford a new re-con AE86 or E30 M3 let alone the REAL McCoy. So whats the next best solution? find a run of the mill plain vanilla AE85, Mitsu CB or E30 and scourge the parts to make it the real thing. Back in those days did we have the internet to bitch our sorrows? nah....we dont even bitch why this was more expensive and govern bla bla bla because we were too busy trying to find jobs to fuel our passion....
Kids have it easy these days, i understand the world have changed but it gets to a ridiculous stage ppl have no idea the 'value' of working your ass off to try to finance the car of your dream. Usually the easy way out would be to just hold a hand out to their parents(those who are lucky) and just ASK.
My son asked for a RC car for his birthday last week, i was goddamn happy because he exhibits the passion for cars like his dad. I PRAY hard evernight he doesnt end up like bashers and keyboard warriors in this thread....i do NOT intend to roll to my grave.
Rants....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my questions:

1.) how much is 195/50/15 for Advan Neova? New price plus installation, balancing and alignment.

2.) comments about Falken Ziex?

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience