DIY on cars?? post in your Q?

admehdivkia

From Facebook
Jan 5, 2010
Bro..I bought air fuel ratio gauge...n i owned persona campro iafm...i hope u can help me on installing dis gauge...i dont know where to tap da o2 sensor wire at campro iafm ecu..i wish i have da ecu wiring diagram...can u help me bro..???with some pics..??diagram..??? i went to so many accessories shop n workshop at my place but no one know how to to tap the wire...if anyone here had experience installing apexi auto timer, please help me..i shud be da same wire for o2 sensor...thanks

cikaro71

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
Bro..I bought air fuel ratio gauge...n i owned persona campro iafm...i hope u can help me on installing dis gauge...i dont know where to tap da o2 sensor wire at campro iafm ecu..i wish i have da ecu wiring diagram...can u help me bro..???with some pics..??diagram..??? i went to so many accessories shop n workshop at my place but no one know how to to tap the wire...if anyone here had experience installing apexi auto timer, please help me..i shud be da same wire for o2 sensor...thanks
hanslin, hope u dont mind i try to respond to this question, rite.

admehdivkia, it 2 ways where to tap that wire.

1- as u said, tap it to ecu o2 sensor wire (this step not many people to dare with it.

2- tap it to o2 wire in ur engine bay (this step is less risk). how to recognise it? u can see it from engine bay, something like spark plug attach at ur exhaust. i dont know exactly where it is unless i look at ur engine bay. as my 4g93t, the wire look like this:

when u already find it i will continue, all u need after this, multimeter, insulation tape (for cheapest method) and maybe 1 -2 mtr wire to connect it from ur gauge to o2 sensor in engine bay.:biggrin:

hanslin

Known Member
Dec 23, 2008
hanslin, hope u dont mind i try to respond to this question, rite.

admehdivkia, it 2 ways where to tap that wire.

1- as u said, tap it to ecu o2 sensor wire (this step not many people to dare with it.

2- tap it to o2 wire in ur engine bay (this step is less risk). how to recognise it? u can see it from engine bay, something like spark plug attach at ur exhaust. i dont know exactly where it is unless i look at ur engine bay. as my 4g93t, the wire look like this:

when u already find it i will continue, all u need after this, multimeter, insulation tape (for cheapest method) and maybe 1 -2 mtr wire to connect it from ur gauge to o2 sensor in engine bay.:biggrin:
:biggrin: tq! For your input!:biggrin:
:nurse:i just going to post in this apexi diagram!
:rolleyes: also consider of! would your (alarm system accept? to enable during a starting engine)
:rolleyes: sorry for the engine picture!:listen:have to because got copy right, but u can see where the location of the sensor.

Hope this help! and thanks again to cikaro71:biggrin:

Attachments

hanslin

Known Member
Dec 23, 2008
bro, can i ask... where to buy a cheap TIG welding machine..??? around rm2k-2.5k 1... thanks..
:itsme:U could try surf to WIM.com.my, where u can found the list where to buy TIG welding machine!:biggrin:

:nurse::listen:consider few thing before start to purchase or select the item:

>what purpose u going to use it for?
will help u to select the application on the machine
>try to guesstimate what the thickest material you going to weld and the longest time in-use?
will help to select amp (example horsepower), use for penetration and the option of water cool. make sure always select higher then u need!
>if u have the chance, test it before u buy. dont worry just ask!

>ask the seller what package he offer and any free gift:rofl::rofl::rofl:

>and the end ask more detail about the warranty!

>beg for discount!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

>paid and ask for receipt!:nurse:

:proud:support malaysia, example picture:biggrin:

HOPE THIS HELP and HAVE A NICE DAY!

Attachments

admehdivkia

From Facebook
Jan 5, 2010
:biggrin: tq! For your input!:biggrin:
:nurse:i just going to post in this apexi diagram!
:rolleyes: also consider of! would your (alarm system accept? to enable during a starting engine)
:rolleyes: sorry for the engine picture!:listen:have to because got copy right, but u can see where the location of the sensor.

Hope this help! and thanks again to cikaro71:biggrin:
thanks for da feed back bro...actually what i mean here is which wire at the ECU campro iafm shud tap for o2 sensor...for sure there are hell of wire there there at da ECU...anyone who ever installed apexi auto timer on campro iafm please share some picture at the ecu so i can see the o2 sensor wire...TQ

cikaro71

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
thanks for da feed back bro...actually what i mean here is which wire at the ECU campro iafm shud tap for o2 sensor...for sure there are hell of wire there there at da ECU...anyone who ever installed apexi auto timer on campro iafm please share some picture at the ecu so i can see the o2 sensor wire...TQ
sifo hanslin, admehdivkia asking for ecu pinout diagram lah not installation diagram:biggrin:

admehdivkia, so u still want to use the method no. 1 that i mentioned? first, u need to know what is ur engine code no, ie: 4g63 or 4g93 or 4g92 or what ever.... then, u can try google for ' xxxx ecu pin out diagram' which xxxx is ur engine code. fyi, this step also use for turbo timer installation, so dont just ignore if it link to turbo timer installation, ok. or why dont u try find it here: http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/diagrams/apexi-auto_timer_wiring_diagram.pdf but u still to know ur engine code first.

good luck, and be careful when involving ecu ok:smokin:

admehdivkia

From Facebook
Jan 5, 2010
sifo hanslin, admehdivkia asking for ecu pinout diagram lah not installation diagram:biggrin:

admehdivkia, so u still want to use the method no. 1 that i mentioned? first, u need to know what is ur engine code no, ie: 4g63 or 4g93 or 4g92 or what ever.... then, u can try google for ' xxxx ecu pin out diagram' which xxxx is ur engine code. fyi, this step also use for turbo timer installation, so dont just ignore if it link to turbo timer installation, ok. or why dont u try find it here: http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/diagrams/apexi-auto_timer_wiring_diagram.pdf but u still to know ur engine code first.

good luck, and be careful when involving ecu ok:smokin:
bro...i have been searching da ecu pinout diagram but still cant find it...campro 1.6 engine code is S4PH and it use siemens VDO EMS700..this ecu is very sensitive...tats y i need a proper diagram..anyway i ody install da air fuel ratio gauge..but for da o2 signal i juz tapped it at da o2 sensor at engine bay ...i believe da ratio is inaccurate...

hanslin

Known Member
Dec 23, 2008
bro...i have been searching da ecu pinout diagram but still cant find it...campro 1.6 engine code is S4PH and it use siemens VDO EMS700..this ecu is very sensitive...tats y i need a proper diagram..anyway i ody install da air fuel ratio gauge..but for da o2 signal i juz tapped it at da o2 sensor at engine bay ...i believe da ratio is inaccurate...
:itsme:dear admehdivkia! i think u should just stick with that method since the ecu were sensitive! u could share your successes with other forum member here! by the way sorry for cant show u the ecu diagram!:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

how to DIY camber bro?
:itsme:dear Silverstein;4085370] please give the brand of your ride, where they were few different way for different cars!:biggrin::biggrin:
or u just need to know what camber for?:rolleyes:

admehdivkia

From Facebook
Jan 5, 2010
:itsme::biggrin: anymore question?:wavey:
i want to know if using thermal wrap will make extractor crack..???what is da best method to reduce underhood temperature from extractor if dis thermal wrap will make da extractor crack...???if u dont mind share wif me some idea n how to do it...nway im using campro iafm 1.6...currently installed powerzone extractor...thanks...:biggrin:

hanslin

Known Member
Dec 23, 2008
i want to know if using thermal wrap will make extractor crack..???what is da best method to reduce underhood temperature from extractor if dis thermal wrap will make da extractor crack...???if u dont mind share wif me some idea n how to do it...nway im using campro iafm 1.6...currently installed powerzone extractor...thanks...:biggrin:
:itsme:Dear admehdivkia;4093232]
Here are some idea of how air flow under the hood!(:biggrin:no so accurate) As u can see most of the flow facing toward the firewall(where the chassis no: is!) and down flow under the engine.
:nurse:So! some idea to reduce heat under the hood:

-(white toyota)lifting the hood!:biggrin: Two screw each side, just add some washer but not to much were it will disturb engine cooling and aero of your ride!:listen:5mm-10mm. Not everyone like this idea were it make your car look like unfinished work of claim shop!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

-(grey car)Hole on your hood! :listen:Where u must understand that the highest temp under the hood is when u queuing to go in and out KL or idling the engine at full stop! So remember that hot air always goes up on stand still! Correct?:rolleyes: Bad news is:banghead: rain will pour in and JPJ can give u a ticket if they want to! accept factory cars! can ask body kit shop:rolleyes:

-(painted ex:biggrin:)ceramic coating reduce heat but not a lot, expensive but looks sexy:rofl::rofl::rofl: Your choice!

-(ex manifold)Some idea where to wrap!(green) as a simple explanation, just imagine ex-manifold is very hot when engine is running! so if u wrap the hot surface to a smaller surface what will happen?:rolleyes: then smaller area that generate heat, so it get cooler! But u still cant touch it:rofl::rofl::rofl: Dont worry the heat wont build up on idle, were the output heat is fixed!

-(ex manifold)Some idea where not to wrap, hot spot and the crack point(red) :listen:usually ex manifold crack is cause by -sudden dramatic temp change. example straight to engine wash after a long ride!
-unsupported exhaust system, mean to much stress and weight rely on ex manifold!:listen:especially week stainless steel type manifold.(golden brown, used!)

-quality of weld and thickness of material(to thin and thick also cannot)

:nurse::listen: so....so...so few choice and idea to share but is for engine bay!
Hope this help!:biggrin: :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I am currently looking for a new setup of adjustables. I am very convinced with the D2. Where the adjustable options are more. 2 different location of adjustables. The spring height and the mount height. And also soft hard. Price is not very expensive. And very solid built and look nice too.

I would like to know if there is anyone here every tried D2. I believe it's from Taiwan. Correct me if i am wrong.

I am actually looking for something like TEIN. Comfort yet good performance in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience