[DIY] Oil catch tank

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
but after i search online, it seems that most people don't fix their OCT to the throttle body side for 1JZ... instead they fix it near their turbo and the cam cover...
You got any references? I'd be curious as to why they'd want to do that.

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site

i took this pic from the Internet... as you can see from the pic, the OCT is fix to the back turbo and the cam cover instead on the other side where the throttle body is...

Apr 2, 2012
Johor
nice diy~~
im newbie here n just found this..
does it work good on your car?im so interested to diy~:proud:
btw can i use wd40 to clean the throttle body?will it harm the TPS sensor?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

i took this pic from the Internet... as you can see from the pic, the OCT is fix to the back turbo and the cam cover instead on the other side where the throttle body is...
Ah.. then this *appears* to be the same position where the PCV is. I'd need to inspect the hoses and the engine itself. Haven't had the honour of molesting a 1JZ. Maybe I'll go bug my friend to loan me his Crown for a quick check.

nice diy~~
im newbie here n just found this..
does it work good on your car?im so interested to diy~:proud:
btw can i use wd40 to clean the throttle body?will it harm the TPS sensor?
Bad idea and yes it will. WD40 leaves oil traces that'll kill the sensor. Better you try to get a can of throttle cleaner instead. Or just use petrol.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Izso,
Since this topic related about Oil Catch Tank.
What are the different between the fake compare to original product.
Look all the same in out... is it about the material of the product could last longer or just branding?
Kindly enlighten me about this... I need to have one soon.
Refer to Cusco product in market.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso,
Since this topic related about Oil Catch Tank.
What are the different between the fake compare to original product.
Look all the same in out... is it about the material of the product could last longer or just branding?
Kindly enlighten me about this... I need to have one soon.
Refer to Cusco product in market.
Those aftermarket oil catch tanks that you can get outside for RM100 to RM150 are usable la. I only have issues with those clear hose indicators that stick out from the side cuz those are pretty fragile. My old "Sard" OCT I took out the indicator and sealed the hole with some bonding cement. Reason why I did this was also from experience with an earlier OCT (shall not mention brand name) which had leaked the oil from the plastic bits holding the indicator.

Personally - I don't think I'd spend RM400++ on an original Cusco but I guess it's a nice to have item. The performance of these OCTs is irrelevant since it's only a catch can with one in and one out. There are those that come with a vent though, those have a different purpose and are supposed to in place of the breather that you see in my pictures.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
It means the imitation prone to fade & leaking? (Indicator hose)
Since the Cusco come with 2 type of bottle (small & big can)
Both will do the same job for the ride... let says on 4G63T?
The price are expensive for me also.

gimi

Oct 23, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I think for NA should be no problem. But for turbo need be careful the back pressure end up yr engine oil needle fly up it give you more problem.

Anyway the invention look cute.
good info...but how to counter this? is it going for bigger "filter" can solve it?....em....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It means the imitation prone to fade & leaking? (Indicator hose)
Since the Cusco come with 2 type of bottle (small & big can)
Both will do the same job for the ride... let says on 4G63T?
The price are expensive for me also.
Yeap. The non-metal parts most likely will leak if it's not a good quality OCT (imitation or not it's the same).

I don't know about big or small but my understanding is it works the same. Just depends on the amount of space you have in your car, get one that fits I guess.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I've been doing some research and apparently there's two models of the 1JZ engine where the recirculation goes before (old design) and after the y-connect at the back turbo. Still reading why they made that change but from what I understand the connection in this picture is for the old design 1JZ to prevent certain blockage problems. Will update when i understand more!

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
I've been doing some research and apparently there's two models of the 1JZ engine where the recirculation goes before (old design) and after the y-connect at the back turbo. Still reading why they made that change but from what I understand the connection in this picture is for the old design 1JZ to prevent certain blockage problems. Will update when i understand more!
yeah the older generation 1JZ have it before the y-connect... the newer one they change it after because older generation 1JZ are prone to turbo failure... that's what i read from the net... this is also the reason i make sure that i get the newer 1JZ...

nassershah

Oct 31, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Suggest you get a proper OCT instead of the fuel filter that I used for my stock NA car.

Welcome bro
Greetings to all Sifus, members and to you Izso..sir,
Just for the info.. I've had dismantled the OCT for good as it creates more probs..as after using it for a while.. my engine oil splashed again..instead of into the OCT it went thru the valve cover..lol..! Egn Oil missing tremendously. Now I need to find time to re-gasketing the cover..lol..! I guess there's no way to implement it on a kancil.
Anyway,I really wanna thanked everybody here for all suggestions, assistance, efforts and help especially to Izso for bringing the dead link to live..lol.. regarding the OCT thingy..really appreciate it very much.
Thank you.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Greetings to all Sifus, members and to you Izso..sir,
Just for the info.. I've had dismantled the OCT for good as it creates more probs..as after using it for a while.. my engine oil splashed again..instead of into the OCT it went thru the valve cover..lol..! Egn Oil missing tremendously. Now I need to find time to re-gasketing the cover..lol..! I guess there's no way to implement it on a kancil.
Anyway,I really wanna thanked everybody here for all suggestions, assistance, efforts and help especially to Izso for bringing the dead link to live..lol.. regarding the OCT thingy..really appreciate it very much.
Thank you.
Hmm.. it shouldn't have done that. Unless the fuel filter is too 'compact' to allow air flow to move? Perhaps you could try using a proper OCT instead?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, did anyone facing the same problem as mine?
1- i just change my front absorber last week.. and now, new problem occurs.. my absorber got sound "Geduk-Geduk" when hitting holes & bumps. its like the absorber not tight/fit enough.
2- when take corner my car feels a bit melayang... is it steering problem or got something to do with my absorber as well...
3- my steering moves left & right when hit uneven road..
can anyone help me with those problem above ?:confused:
thanks in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience