DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Anyway do the rev test....
Email me some good pictures too.
Tq
did the rev test and it goes past 4k rpm.

when the ecu uses the external chip ( j1 shorted) the main relay tics only once, and the fuel pump never stops running,,

its like ecu is not stopping the second relay inside the main relay however,

when i remove the chip and J1, the main relay tics twice then CEL goes OFF, after 5-6 sec. CEL ON, not throwing codes,

I tried to pull one sensor plug air temp sensor, and key ON, relay works, pumps stops, CEL ON, did the diagnotic plug, threw code 10. so ecu is working

check sta413a - good
injectors works
car starts

badly need help.

thank you in advance

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
did the rev test and it goes past 4k rpm.

when the ecu uses the external chip ( j1 shorted) the main relay tics only once, and the fuel pump never stops running,,

its like ecu is not stopping the second relay inside the main relay however,

when i remove the chip and J1, the main relay tics twice then CEL goes OFF, after 5-6 sec. CEL ON, not throwing codes,

I tried to pull one sensor plug air temp sensor, and key ON, relay works, pumps stops, CEL ON, did the diagnotic plug, threw code 10. so ecu is working

check sta413a - good
injectors works
car starts

badly need help.

thank you in advance
Hi
If the ecu was okay before chipping then
Remove the socket and reconfirm all copper
trace.
If before chipping also like that then it
is a more complex problem. Hv seen something
like that before and hv not found the cause
only suspect the main processor.
Tq

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thank you e-tech

copper trace are good, i did the continuity test several times. and diagnostic test for sensors ( tps, iat, etc ) will not work if there the board have an open or shorted trace.

tnx again, i work on it some more but more likely this will be spare parts ecu

Vincew

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
My b16a started to give cel code 9 when cold start up. After driving when water temp goes to 90degC, turn off the engine and restart; the cel disappears and car run normal. I have swapped distributor but same problem. I then check the resistance of the distributor connection and I get 376 ohm (spec is 350 ohm to 700 ohm). Check the wire by pulling the connector off from ecu and probe contact, also get 376ohm. Now I have no spare ecu to try swap. I suspect it is ecu dry solder joint issue but I do not know which component I should reflow for cel 9 and how to probe the ecu to make us ok. Please help to advise, thank you.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
My b16a started to give cel code 9 when cold start up. After driving when water temp goes to 90degC, turn off the engine and restart; the cel disappears and car run normal. I have swapped distributor but same problem. I then check the resistance of the distributor connection and I get 376 ohm (spec is 350 ohm to 700 ohm). Check the wire by pulling the connector off from ecu and probe contact, also get 376ohm. Now I have no spare ecu to try swap. I suspect it is ecu dry solder joint issue but I do not know which component I should reflow for cel 9 and how to probe the ecu to make us ok. Please help to advise, thank you.
Hi...
Change the capacitors first (7-8 pcs) and clean up the board.

Jan 31, 2013
S.S
hi etech ive been reading this thread and cant find a complete answer, i have two ECUs, one with code 3 MAP Sensor failure, this ecu i already change all the 8 Caps still the same failure

and the other one with IACV Code 14 failure this ecu is just chipped i havent change the caps they look clean no leaking..

both cases is the ECU the problem already check that in my car.

can you help me to fix this issues plz.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hi etech ive been reading this thread and cant find a complete answer, i have two ECUs, one with code 3 MAP Sensor failure, this ecu i already change all the 8 Caps still the same failure

and the other one with IACV Code 14 failure this ecu is just chipped i havent change the caps they look clean no leaking..

both cases is the ECU the problem already check that in my car.

can you help me to fix this issues plz.

Hi...
Sure I can help you.
When u going to send? :-)

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Try a different chip and make sure it is a 256.
i am using SST chips. not sure if it has 256 all of them are 512

I tried the chip im using on another ecu and it worked..

they said there is a problem chipping N series ecu like p30-N01 but I never got any concrete information.

tnx

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi etech,

the N series board number is 1550-1503, i am not sure what is wrong, i rechipped 2 more 1550-1503 board and it wont work

i removed the smd 373 from those board and rechipped 1840-1501 and 1550- 1500 board and it worked fine..

not sure if these board can be rechipped or it needs a special BIN to work

thank you again in advance

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo to all..
anyone know where i can cut my spring? prefer pj and shah alam area la.
not interested to buy sport spring, bcos already install heavy duty spring. higher than stock spring. make my car look like jeep now.. just want to lower it a bit.

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience