1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

Coolant Hoses length (B16A & B18C)

Discussion in 'Honda' started by SA6YEuro, Nov 12, 2008.

1. SA6YEuro

SA6YEuro Senior Member

Hi guys,

Good 2 c new Honda members n is still growing....

actually got a question..... i know when u buy n aftermarket silicone hose, they either go by ur chasis or engine....

my question is the length of the b16a n b18c hoses the same.... apparently in the samco website, they r different in model number n the b18c "looks" longer.... any1 can verify this....

i got a prob... tts y.... appreciate if any1 knows bout this can share bout it.... thanks

2. pencalat

pencalat Senior Member

pls sifus, help verifying on this issue.....

#2 pencalat, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  3. achor

achor Guest

B18C in a DC2; the hoses are longer compared to a B16A in and EG.

However, if you have a B18C in an EG or an EK; this would be a different case. You might want to check with people have this type of configuration.

note: DC2 uses the long type radiator (airdcond in front & radiator at the back). while EG and EK uses the short type radiator (aircond & radiator side by side). thus the length of the hose might vary.

4. greyrex

greyrex Senior Member

I'm using eg/ek samco hose in my ef and there's no issue.
    Important is it's for B16/B18 then you'll be fine.The extra length does not make a lot of differences.

5. SA6YEuro

SA6YEuro Senior Member

Thanks for tryin 2 share some of ur input....

4 those interested 2 know, i hav managed to get a physical comparison n yes the b18c for the dc2 chasis hoses r in fact longer by nearly 3 inches esp the top hose than the b16a in a eg. (thanks Chris!)