Conversion GSR 1.8 Turbo (4G93T) - Wira/Satria/Putra

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
as long as u have bodyshift function and soft-hard function on adjustable, then easier to tweak the setting later
Yeah, going to go for full threaded coilovers. That extra customization option is going to be warmly welcomed to get the right settings for my car.

Though, any good brands nowadays that we can choose nowadays? Secondhand orfirsthand, as long as serviceable, is fine. Was thinking Cusco 6k/4k or AR Racing would come to mind.

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Just survey around on the cost of rims and tyres between the sizes before you decide and also tyre choices and availability....
I’m planning to put aside 3k just for wheels. If a little extra is needed, wont mind going for it. Any brands out there that we can go for?

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Just survey around on the cost of rims and tyres between the sizes before you decide and also tyre choices and availability....
In total, my cash budget is rm35k for this project (all-in, GSR swap, support mods, etc). Wonder how should i break it down hmmmmm

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
In total, my cash budget is rm35k for this project (all-in, GSR swap, support mods, etc). Wonder how should i break it down hmmmmm
on the safe side you set aside 15k for halfcut + replace wear n tear parts.
left 20k .. :smokin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Yeah, going to go for full threaded coilovers. That extra customization option is going to be warmly welcomed to get the right settings for my car.

Though, any good brands nowadays that we can choose nowadays? Secondhand orfirsthand, as long as serviceable, is fine. Was thinking Cusco 6k/4k or AR Racing would come to mind.

If brand new....

There is hwl st1 or nearest version...
For used, cusco, tein and several other common brand is to ensure easy servicing later

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
If brand new....

There is hwl st1 or nearest version...
For used, cusco, tein and several other common brand is to ensure easy servicing later
HWL st1 is 8k/4k , maybe i got lemon one or installation problem (not by dealers). No leaked, everything in order.
Steering feel so light like feather above 90kph. During that time i also noobs, din try 6k spring.
"I not sure whats happening". Everything checked, steering rack, tie rod, alignment...etc all OK. Try many dampening settings. I give up after 9mths.
After replaced other brand 6k/4k the car feel planted.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
HWL st1 is 8k/4k , maybe i got lemon one or installation problem (not by dealers). No leaked, everything in order.
Steering feel so light like feather above 90kph. During that time i also noobs, din try 6k spring.
"I not sure whats happening". Everything checked, steering rack, tie rod, alignment...etc all OK. Try many dampening settings. I give up after 9mths.
it feels like above 90kmh coz 8k springs. have u tried set to the softest damping? u changed to 6k/4k what brand ah?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
it feels like above 90kmh coz 8k springs. have u tried set to the softest damping? u changed to 6k/4k what brand ah?
All dampening setting tried. ..
i din say spring problem, i "miss" out to try 6k spring instead before i closed the book. i already mention maybe i got lemon coilovers or installation mishaps.
Change to ftuned. All this 2yrs ago.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe 8 too stiff. In fact I feel my old suspension on my vr more planted too. Got this new set from a friend. The front he fitted to his ride but seldom use, later he cancel his project so I ask him to sell the suspension to me. The rear kept at his home, so is practically new. However find them stiff, even at softest setting, it jumps a lot, don't have the planted feel.....lol

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe 8 too stiff. In fact I feel my old suspension on my vr more planted too. Got this new set from a friend. The front he fitted to his ride but seldom use, later he cancel his project so I ask him to sell the suspension to me. The rear kept at his home, so is practically new. However find them stiff, even at softest setting, it jumps a lot, don't have the planted feel.....lol
So what springs are you currently on?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
All dampening setting tried. ..
i din say spring problem, i "miss" out to try 6k spring instead before i closed the book. i already mention maybe i got lemon coilovers or installation mishaps.
Change to ftuned. All this 2yrs ago.
ah ok. forgot you're on ftuned.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So what springs are you currently on?
Actually I don't know because considered used set. Packing he threw away already.....lol He saw and sat in my VR then consider building one himself. then along the way gave up.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
stock default spring is 8k/4k... what i usually did is asked them to swap different spring rate fresh from the box....

u should just swap the springs...because almost all adjustable suspension spring is swappable without any problem.. (except some brand like TEIN front spring is in bigger diameter coil and other expensive brands)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have rav4.1 and transplanted whole clip 3sgte st205, convert to air cooling intercooler,
so far running normal but when go rev higher and boosting on road the check engine light come out and the engine want to stall, i tried playin with the rev when the problem come out and engine still want stall stop.. then i off ignition and start again the check light gone, the engine stall prblem stall gone also but when rev and boosting the check engine light come out again.,,

mind help? does...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience